ADVERTISEMENT

2020 heating up............

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals...,,commit to UNC
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH........73/69......commit to Baylor
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN..........123/NR....commit to IU
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN...........115/112...commit to IU
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79......commit to Miami
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38.....commit to Marquette
--- RJ Davis........5'11"......NY....102/104....commit to UNC
--- DJ Steward......6'3".....ILL.....31/25......commit to Duke
--- Hassan Diarra...6'2"...CT.......78/71.....commit to Texas A&M
---Jalen Bridges.....6'7"...WV......81/92......committed to W.V.
---Jaemyn Brakefield....6'8"...WV...53/33....IU not in final 10
---Jordan Geronimo....6'5"....NH...NR/NR....commit to IU
---Javonte Brown-Ferguson...6'11"....MD/CAN...commit to U Conn
---Carter Whitt....6'3".....NC......48/44 (May classify to '20)
---Andre Curbelo....6'0"....NY......66/45....commit to Illinois

The heights are as listed by Rivals/247

Here are two others that have offers from IU, but don't seem too interested:

1. Isaiah Jackson......6'9".........OH
2. Nimari Burnett.......6'3".......CA
3. Andre Jackson......6'6"........NY

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.

Last edited:
From another site.......Archie in home today with Caleb Love, Matt Cross tomorrow, and LQ (2019) on Thursday.

After his recent AAU showing, Cross added offers from Butler, GT, USC, Miami & Illinois, in addition to IU.

With respect to Leal & Galloway........Archie's made the offers. I don't think he's going to turn down Morton, Love or Cross if any decide to commit..............so they need to keep their head on a swivel if IU is a priority for them..............

edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

1. Caleb Love......6-3.....MO.
2. Ethan Morton......6-3....PA
3. Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH
4. Trey Galloway......6-5....IN
5. Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN

1. Isaiah Jackson......6-9.........OH
2. Nimari Burnett.......6-3.......CA

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.
You mention Cross but you didn't include him on your list.

From another site.......Archie in home today with Caleb Love, Matt Cross tomorrow, and LQ (2019) on Thursday.

After his recent AAU showing, Cross added offers from Butler, GT, USC, Miami & Illinois, in addition to IU.

With respect to Leal & Galloway........Archie's made the offers. I don't think he's going to turn down Morton, Love or Cross if any decide to commit..............so they need to keep their head on a swivel if IU is a priority for them..............

6. Matt Cross......6-7......MASS

Doing some reading on the Inside the Hall site about Cross & Galloway....some comments--

--Galloway--Unlike Leal, he did not grow up an IU fan (didn't say who he liked). Honestly, didn't seem all that thrilled about the IU offer. Says ND is recruiting him the hardest. I would not expect him to commit here unless he & Leal decide they want to play together.

--Cross--Has Bruiser Flint recruited anyone since he got here? Sounded like Archie knew either his HS or AAU coach (I can't recall which), which might give us a little bit of an advantage.

Doing some reading on the Inside the Hall site about Cross & Galloway....some comments--

--Galloway--Unlike Leal, he did not grow up an IU fan (didn't say who he liked). Honestly, didn't seem all that thrilled about the IU offer. Says ND is recruiting him the hardest. I would not expect him to commit here unless he & Leal decide they want to play together.

--Cross--Has Bruiser Flint recruited anyone since he got here? Sounded like Archie knew either his HS or AAU coach (I can't recall which), which might give us a little bit of an advantage.

I think we for sure get Leal and I wanted him more than Galloway anyway. I know Purdue is after him really hard also.

Bruiser recruited a 6-6 kid from Chicago - highly rated - but we didn't get him.

As a former head coach, Bruiser is more of an X's and O's, development type coach. Not saying he isn't a recruiter but that isn't his primary role. Schilling and Ostrom are more so the recruiters.

6. Matt Cross......6-7......MASS

Need to flip your top 2.

Thankfully we still have plenty of time to get in on more talented players.

I think Bruiser helped recruit Jake F because of the Philly connection.

We obviously won’t get them all. We might get 1 and then hopefully we get in on some higher ranked kids.
It’s always interesting to follow where Archie goes on the summer AAU circuit and who he and the staff choose to offer. I’m sure there are a handful of prospects who will be receiving offers over the next few months.

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO.
---.Ethan Morton......6-3....PA
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN

Added Dawson Garcia

I think Bruiser helped recruit Jake F because of the Philly connection.
and we see how well that turned out. i will watch his career at temple with some interest. clifton moore signed with lasalle. that's a far fall for a guy who was said to be an nba talent

and we see how well that turned out. i will watch his career at temple with some interest. clifton moore signed with lasalle. that's a far fall for a guy who was said to be an nba talent
NBA talent? You must still be listening to that Rabjohns clown. That’s your fault.

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO.
---.Ethan Morton......6-3....PA
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN

How many scholarships will you guys have open for 2020?

Do I have it right with the following?

SR - Brunk
SR - Durham
SR - Smith
JR - Thompson
JR - Phinisee
JR - Anderson
JR - Hunter
SO - TJD
SO - Franklin

Leaving 4 open spots. Is that correct?

A blog from Reddit is the source? That might be worse than Rabjohns.
It's from ESPN. That's why the link is there. I'm working with my 4 year old great niece on her reading. Here's a system that's been working really for her. I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up with some practice, if you're dedicated to learning how to read.
8SWFNdc.jpg

It's from ESPN. That's why the link is there. I'm working with my 4 year old great niece on her reading. Here's a system that's been working really for her. I'm sure you'll be able to pick it up with some practice, if you're dedicated to learning how to read.
8SWFNdc.jpg
Cem Dinc was also supposedly a big time NBA prospect a few years ago. Doesn’t make it true big guy.

How many scholarships will you guys have open for 2020?

Do I have it right with the following?

SR - Brunk
SR - Durham
SR - Smith
JR - Thompson
JR - Phinisee
JR - Anderson
JR - Hunter
SO - TJD
SO - Franklin

Leaving 4 open spots. Is that correct?
I believe Hunter is a medical redshirt and would be a Soph eligibility-wise in 2020-21

Reactions: OhioBoiler51
Cem Dinc was also supposedly a big time NBA prospect a few years ago. Doesn’t make it true big guy.
Never said it did. You're the one with the mouth that's writing checks that your account can't cover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT