ADVERTISEMENT

2020 heating up............

edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO.
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN
--- RJ Davis........5'11"......NY
--- DJ Steward......6'3".....ILL

The heights are as listed by Rivals/247

Here are two others that have offers from IU, but don't seem too interested:

1. Isaiah Jackson......6'9".........OH
2. Nimari Burnett.......6'3".......CA
3. Andre Jackson......6'6"........NY

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.

I'm bumping this to mention IU interest in Elijah Hutchins-Everett, 6-11 225 lb 5 out of NJ.

We apparently haven't offered, but are showing a lot of interest.

He's a fast-rising guy getting a lot of looks this spring....already a top 70 guy.

I've also read that Leal is supposed to visit 5/30, and Galloway sometime next week. Cross is supposed to visit also, but no date set.

Last edited:
edit---I'd like to keep a list of those 2020 players we are actively recruiting who we seem to have a legit shot at. I want to limit it to those with offers, not just interest. As far as I can tell, right now it looks like this:

If there are any other IU offers how there are 2020, let me know. I'll keep the thread updated when people drop out or are added.

IU is talking to Justin Powell, 6'5" 180 lbs 2020 SG out of KY.....NR by Rivals, #153 by 247; however has offers from Auburn, Cincy, Xavier, GA, G. Tech, TN, & VT. He says he will take an OV here in late May or early June. No offer yet.

--- Hassan Diarea...6'2"..CT

IU's has offered Hassan Diarea, a 6'2" physical PG out of CT.....rated #147 in Rivals, #99 in 247....has offers from Dayton, Fordham, Georgia, RI, Texas Tech, and VCU with lesser offers as well. Said to be a 'rising' prospect who will go higher in the ratings and get some better offers.....

Reactions: minneman
IU's has offered Hassan Diarea, a 6'2" physical PG out of CT.....rated #147 in Rivals, #99 in 247....has offers from Dayton, Fordham, Georgia, RI, Texas Tech, and VCU with lesser offers as well. Said to be a 'rising' prospect who will go higher in the ratings and get some better offers.....
he said diarea. huh huh, huh, huh huh

appreciate this new recruiting info. paid for a subscription? not seeing this anywhere else. thanks

Reactions: IULouie
he said diarea. huh huh, huh, huh huh

hehe....diarra.....frankly, I'm not overly impressed watching his highlights. Looks like one of those old school Big East physical guards of yesteryear.....not real quick. Looks like he likes to go to the basket. Would like to see his shooting % numbers.

appreciate this new recruiting info. paid for a subscription? not seeing this anywhere else. thanks

I saw it on the hsn basketball recruiting page/forum......they have a lot of good info there....it's also on this premium site now.....

Galloway is a very good defensive player.
Dane Fife size and defensive ability.
High BB IQ.
Galloway is a winner.

Zach Loveday is visiting today......looks like we are making him a priority.

On film, he looks to be a very thin but skilled kid. He's listed at #s 51 & 54 by 247 & Rivals, which seems a little high. Looks like a kid who could be a solid back-up as a freshman & compete for a starting role in year 2 with strength work.

So...it seems like Love is our#1 priority at PG, Loveday at center, Cross at 'PF'....and Leal & Galloway from the Indiana kids.

It seems rather optimistic at this point to ask if we'd take both Leal & Galloway if we could, but it's an interesting question

EDIT----If we have to choose between Leal & Galloway, I think at this point I like Galloway better......based on what I've seen on film, Leal looks a little quicker, with a little better handle. And he has more of a reputation as a shooter. However, Galloway's 3 pt shooting has lately been better than Leal's, and he's much more aggressive taking the ball to the basket. He also jumps pretty well and may be a better defender. One poster said Leal is a shooter who can also drive, Galloway is a driver who can also shoot.

Last edited:
Zach Loveday is visiting today......looks like we are making him a priority.

On film, he looks to be a very thin but skilled kid. He's listed at #s 51 & 54 by 247 & Rivals, which seems a little high. Looks like a kid who could be a solid back-up as a freshman & compete for a starting role in year 2 with strength work.

So...it seems like Love is our#1 priority at PG, Loveday at center, Cross at 'PF'....and Leal & Galloway from the Indiana kids.

It seems rather optimistic at this point to ask if we'd take both Leal & Galloway if we could, but it's an interesting question

EDIT----If we have to choose between Leal & Galloway, I think at this point I like Galloway better......based on what I've seen on film, Leal looks a little quicker, with a little better handle. And he has more of a reputation as a shooter. However, Galloway's 3 pt shooting has lately been better than Leal's, and he's much more aggressive taking the ball to the basket. He also jumps pretty well and may be a better defender. One poster said Leal is a shooter who can also drive, Galloway is a driver who can also shoot.

To update, Leal & Loveday on unofficial visits today; Cross on an official visit this WE....come on CAM, make it happen.

Edit---Galloway had an official visit this WE.....reading up on it, nothing's going to happen soon with him. His dad expects him to commit somewhere between the end of summer & the beginning of school. So far, his only official visits have been to Iowa & IU.

Last edited:

--- Hassan Diarra...6'2"..CT

IU is talking to Justin Powell, 6'5" 180 lbs 2020 SG out of KY.....NR by Rivals, #153 by 247; however has offers from Auburn, Cincy, Xavier, GA, G. Tech, TN, & VT. He says he will take an OV here in late May or early June. No offer yet.

Powell committed to Auburn

To update, Leal & Loveday on unofficial visits today; Cross on an official visit this WE....come on CAM, make it happen.

Edit---Galloway had an official visit this WE.....reading up on it, nothing's going to happen soon with him. His dad expects him to commit somewhere between the end of summer & the beginning of school. So far, his only official visits have been to Iowa & IU.

Bumping to add 247 & Rivals rankings on our most likely recruits.

Anyone else concerned that we can't even get homeboy Leal to commit?

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH........73/69
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN..........123/NR
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN...........115/112
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38
--- RJ Davis........5'11"......NY....102/104
--- DJ Steward......6'3".....ILL.....31/25
--- Hassan Diarra...6'2"..CT.......78/71

We are looking at AJ Hoggard, a 6'3" pg out of PA who is teammates with Zach Loveday at Huntington WV Prep....also, AAU teammate of Hassan Diarra, who we are also recruiting. They apparently split pg time on their AAU team. Rated #77 on 247 & #75 on Rivals. No offer yet.

--- Caleb Love......6-3.....MO....... 26 on 247; 32 on Rivals
--- Zach Loveday.......7-0....OH........73/69
--- Trey Galloway......6-5....IN..........123/NR
--- Anthony Leal.......6-5....IN...........115/112
--- Matt Cross......6-7......MASS.......89/79
--- Dawson Garcia......6'11"....MN......23/38
--- RJ Davis........5'11"......NY....102/104
--- DJ Steward......6'3".....ILL.....31/25
--- Hassan Diarra...6'2"..CT.......78/71

Here are several mini-updates from other sites:

*There was a good story from the Daily Hoosier about 2 recent IU team camps and participating IU recruits. Interesting information there.

*I'm not seeing much on Leal recently. After the all-star game, he commented that his knees were hurting. He picked up an offer from Cincy. The 247 site still shows IU as the heavy leader, with 6 CB picks.

*Garcia says he will visit IU....no date set.

*Galloway unofficially visited again during the team camps, although his team was not involved. Brian Snow has a new IU Crystal Ball pick for him. The 3 to date are all IU. Sure seems like a Galloway/Leal combo is possible.

*Matt Cross is visiting or will visit Butler (can't recall which). He also just visited S. Carolina. I don't know if we are backing off him, he is backing off us, or neither, but he recently said Butler, Xavier & Maryland are recruiting him hardest.

EDIT--Here are a couple of other updates:

*Diarra is looking at IU, Georgia, PSU, Dayton & a few others. Says he won't make any official visits until after the school year starts.

*Davis has scheduled official visits to MD and Georgetown.....Bruiser Flint is the lead IU recruiter....IU is amoung 6-7 schools that he's considering.

Last edited:
Here are several mini-updates from other sites:

*There was a good story from the Daily Hoosier about 2 recent IU team camps and participating IU recruits. Interesting information there.

*I'm not seeing much on Leal recently. After the all-star game, he commented that his knees were hurting. He picked up an offer from Cincy. The 247 site still shows IU as the heavy leader, with 6 CB picks.

*Garcia says he will visit IU....no date set.

*Galloway unofficially visited again during the team camps, although his team was not involved. Brian Snow has a new IU Crystal Ball pick for him. The 3 to date are all IU. Sure seems like a Galloway/Leal combo is possible.

*Matt Cross is visiting or will visit Butler (can't recall which). He also just visited S. Carolina. I don't know if we are backing off him, he is backing off us, or neither, but he recently said Butler, Xavier & Maryland are recruiting him hardest.

EDIT--Here are a couple of other updates:

*Diarra is looking at IU, Georgia, PSU, Dayton & a few others. Says he won't make any official visits until after the school year starts.

*Davis has scheduled official visits to MD and Georgetown.....Bruiser Flint is the lead IU recruiter....IU is amoung 6-7 schools that he's considering.

Based on further updates off the Daily Hoosier site, our 2020 pg recruiting situation look like this:

--We're not getting Love, with Kansas & NC now in the picture.
--We remain strong with Diarra....we're 1/5 right now, but we're probably 1A or 1B with Georgia if no one else gets involved.
--DJ Steward is looking to visit IU, as well as UL & Illinois in short order.
--We don't look good with Davis.....he's already scheduled visits to Pitt, MD, UCLA & Georgetown, but no IU.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Based on further updates off the Daily Hoosier site, our 2020 pg recruiting situation look like this:

--We remain strong with Diarra....we're 1/5 right now, but we're probably 1A or 1B with Georgia if no one else gets involved.
--We don't look good with Davis.....he's already scheduled visits to Pitt, MD, UCLA & Georgetown, but no IU.
1A or 1B with Georgia...bahahaha...

Yeah I would say Love is not coming to IU. I just want to get a recruit at this point.

Diarra would be a very good get.
Bossi has him as one of his break out stars so far this summer..
We need a boom type recruit..
Leal or Galloway would barely move the needle for me.
Now a Furst or Lander...Would be a Indiana is still trending get..
And I've seen Leal ..Galloway..And Frust multiple times..

Reactions: brebelle3

I'm with Bailey here.....I feel like there's some bad recruiting mojo out there for us right now. Leal or Galloway wouldn't thrill me, but at least they're Indiana all-star caliber, and maybe they'd break the ice for guys like Diarra, Linder, Furst, Kaufman, especially if we got both of them.

Whatever you think of Archie, and I think far less of him then 2 years ago, dumping him on the eve of the great 2021 class would be a drastic 'remedy'.

I'm not kicking dirt on him. Yet ~
Let's still see how this summer still play's out.
But a lower third finish in the Big and no dance appearance next year..
Would squarely put him on the.. Produce in 20/21 or your gone ..
And most of the fan base by then. Would be all in on putting realitor signs in his yard..
Archie needs to throw some good news meat. To the Hoosier nation this summer..

Reactions: Ram29
Leal, Galloway, Furst, Lander would get Indiana back to playing smart, winning IU basketball.

Reactions: kkott
I'm with Bailey here.....I feel like there's some bad recruiting mojo out there for us right now. Leal or Galloway wouldn't thrill me, but at least they're Indiana all-star caliber, and maybe they'd break the ice for guys like Diarra, Linder, Furst, Kaufman, especially if we got both of them.

Whatever you think of Archie, and I think far less of him then 2 years ago, dumping him on the eve of the great 2021 class would be a drastic 'remedy'.
I just cannot believe we cannot even get one person to verbal.Leal? It has been a rough spring and beginning of summer so far.

I'm not kicking dirt on him. Yet ~
Let's still see how this summer still play's out.
But a lower third finish in the Big and no dance appearance next year..
Would squarely put him on the.. Produce in 20/21 or your gone ..
And most of the fan base by then. Would be all in on putting realitor signs in his yard..
Archie needs to throw some good news meat. To the Hoosier nation this summer..
Miss the tourney and the writing is all the wall without a top notch 2021 class coming in imo. I think he would need to land a legit top 15 class.

Miss the tourney and the writing is all the wall without a top notch 2021 class coming in imo. I think he would need to land a legit top 15 class.
Another issue is recruits have to be worried abt is Archie going to make it...tough to commit to a coach on their way out...

Archie’s Hoosiers need a big season. Not just to change my mind or some on this board about Archie...but to reassure the 17-18 year old kids he’s trying to convince to play for him.

Another issue is recruits have to be worried abt is Archie going to make it...tough to commit to a coach on their way out...

Archie’s Hoosiers need a big season. Not just to change my mind or some on this board about Archie...but to reassure the 17-18 year old kids he’s trying to convince to play for him.

Just bumping this to get past the mustard troll.

This site is about shot unless the mods ban a couple of these guys. Unfortunate, as there are a lot of good posters on here.

“Legit” top 15? No other kind of top-class will do? Lol

Anyway, back to beating your chest...

6'7" 4* forward Jalen Bridges offered.

This is an interesting offer.

He is an AAU teammate of IU target Loveday. In the Daily Hoosier story about this offer they say about Loveday : "...has been rumored recently to be leaning in the direction of Indiana". I have no idea where they got that or if it is accurate.

This guy was WV player of the year this year as a HS SR and played on state championship teams, but for some reason (not explained) decided to go to a prep school this year rather than straight to college. He's said to be an "emerging prospect" for 2020 who is currently ranked #81 in 247 & #81 in Rivals. He has offers from Pitt, WV, Miami, NC State, PSU, and more recently, TCU & Illinois. He is also planning to visit Marquette & MSU.

Watching his video, I thought he had 'good, but not great' driving & shooting skills and athleticism. One thing I noticed is that he doesn't elevate much on his jump shot. His all around game reminds me of Hunter's, and I saw that another poster mentioned that comparison on another site. He may be something of a 'poor man's Hunter' as he doesn't look elite athletically, but I will say he looks very active.

Reactions: minneman and T.M.P.
In the Daily Hoosier story about this offer they say about Loveday : "...has been rumored recently to be leaning in the direction of Indiana". I have no idea where they got that or if it is accurate.
They got this from an article where bucknuts.com Steve Helwagen says, "Zach Loveday seems to be trending toward Indiana and Purdue, but I think Ohio State will make a big push for him, too." That's all he says about it and doesn't expand further on why he thinks that. So they took that quote and passed it through Crimson colored glasses before passing it on. I mean, it's still good news but I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I'm bumping this to mention IU interest in Elijah Hutchins-Everett, 6-11 225 lb 5 out of NJ.

We apparently haven't offered, but are showing a lot of interest.

He's a fast-rising guy getting a lot of looks this spring....already a top 70 guy.

I've also read that Leal is supposed to visit 5/30, and Galloway sometime next week. Cross is supposed to visit also, but no date set.

Good thread btw. A virtual oasis in a desert of stupid.

Reactions: Moops
This is an interesting offer.

He is an AAU teammate of IU target Loveday. In the Daily Hoosier story about this offer they say about Loveday : "...has been rumored recently to be leaning in the direction of Indiana". I have no idea where they got that or if it is accurate.

This guy was WV player of the year this year as a HS SR and played on state championship teams, but for some reason (not explained) decided to go to a prep school this year rather than straight to college. He's said to be an "emerging prospect" for 2020 who is currently ranked #81 in 247 & #81 in Rivals. He has offers from Pitt, WV, Miami, NC State, PSU, and more recently, TCU & Illinois. He is also planning to visit Marquette & MSU.

Watching his video, I thought he had 'good, but not great' driving & shooting skills and athleticism. One thing I noticed is that he doesn't elevate much on his jump shot. His all around game reminds me of Hunter's, and I saw that another poster mentioned that comparison on another site. He may be something of a 'poor man's Hunter' as he doesn't look elite athletically, but I will say he looks very active.

All the experts on Jerome Hunter's play crack me up. Does this mean Bridges will miss his entire freshman season too? That's the most accurate review of Hunter's play there is.

All the experts on Jerome Hunter's play crack me up. Does this mean Bridges will miss his entire freshman season too? That's the most accurate review of Hunter's play there is.

I was comparing Bridge's you tube videos to Hunter's you tube videos. Seems like a logical comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT