ADVERTISEMENT

Merrill v. Milligan

By a 5-4 vote the Supreme Court halts a lower court order that required Alabama to redraw its Congressional map.

That means Louisiana map will most likely withstand VRA challenges.

Worst case scenario for Democrats was SCOTUS to stay Alabama decision & then order a full trial which could lead to SCOTUS undoing much of the VRA. That is exactly what is happening now.
Reactions: dbmhoosier

+1 @ NW

Man, that last loss hurt. This game all of a sudden becomes very important. Don’t want to be on a two game slide going into the Izzone.

Good news is, we are much more talented than NW, and they have no true big. TJD needs to go for 25 and 10 tonight. He should dominate, no reason not to.

Tonight scares me, but still think we are gonna get this dub. All aboard!

Keep Fentanyl on Schedule I?

With the Fentanyl posioning now the leading cause of death, does it really make sense to let schedule 1 classification lapse? (Yes Fentanyl… not COVID, not car crashes, not heart disease is the leading cause of death … among the young).

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/br...reducing-illicit-fentanyl-related-substances/

https://www.c-span.org/video/?516433-1/house-hearing-regulation-fentanyl-related-substances

Perhaps with Fenanyl poisoning being treated as manslaughter… the schedule I issue is moot.

I first recall hearing about Fentanyl upon Michael Jackson’s overdose.

Maybe A Late Bloomer? Albert Schwartz Sophomore Forward/Center Lafayette Central Catholic

Still raw and has work to do, but seems to be coming on and might be worth keeping an eye on. Averaging 9 PPG 7 RPG and has recorded a double-double the last 3 games (12 points 14 rebounds vs Benton Central, 11 points 10 rebounds vs Twin Lakes, 16 points 14 rebounds vs Harrison). Also had a 12 point 7 rebound game vs Lafayette Jeff earlier in the year.

Rival Views: Mid-major commits, sleepers, sneaky good classes

Ahead of the rankings refresh, Rivals takes a look at some of the 'sneaky good classes' ranked outside of the top-15.

Rivals national writer Travis Graf goes with Indiana.

Michigan lost both coordinators

Harbaugh had been thru new coordinators year after year, it seemed, and finally found some success and now they're both gone.

It sounds as if Gattis thought he should have been in line for the head coaching job when it looked like Harbaugh was leaving and when he was told otherwise he bolted to Miami (heard this on Sirius XM).

I wonder if Hart will get his OC opportunity now?
Reactions: vesuvius13

New starting line ups!!

We need a change of our starting line up!!! Whatever you may think it’s not working!!! Remember Knight in 1987 when we won the NCAA Championship we had 15 different starting line ups through the year!!! We need that now!!! Our starting line up should be Trace, Race, Xavier, Galloway, and Geronimo!!!! Let’s do that and bring the so called shooters of the bench for a spark!!!

Recruit Watching (Monday)

Here are Carmel for the big Class 4A State Championship rematch as the Greyhounds host Lawrence North this evening. Carmel defeated Lawrence North 51-46 in Overtime to win the 4A state championship last season.

Two guys I will be keeping a close on eye tonight is Lawrence North's 2022 guard CJ Gunn (Indiana Signee) and Carmel's 2023 wing Sam Orme (Interest, No Official Offer).

Make sure to follow along as I will have updates on Gunn, Orme, and the game in general. Will also have a couple small evaluations on Gunn and Orme following the conclusion of the game.

You can also follow me on Twitter for more Indiana Basketball recruiting updates @KylerStaley.

Tipoff in about 20 minuets.

#iubb

Interesting goings on at Auburn football

Their head coach is under fire after a tough season and now allegations of an affair with an asst coach..

"Bryan Harsin is rumored to have an affair with his assistant at Auburn; Clesi Crochet. As they have been closely working together for the team and its betterment, the chemistry between the two can be seen clearly. However, it can also be a professional one but the two are yet to break the silence on the rumors. There are a group of people who say that Harsin and Clesi are close friends and not more whereas the other group says that they are romantically linked. "

This is the asst coach:

FKwZXr5XoAALmn0

and this is his wifey:

10900301.png

Dude is a top notch recruiter....

The Black Boom

Under Trump policies.

Masks

The same thing just happened in Illinois. So I am really wondering what Mark or Bowlmania thinks about this. I assume they would be beyond upset to say the least. Bowlmania I assume you would pull your kid from school rather than have them near a kid with no mask? I mean that is the most trust the science thing of you to do. Unless of course you are all talk?

Woke Mob Cancels School Superintendent

The woke mob strikes again in a suburban school district south of Denver. After repubs took the majority on the district's school board a few months ago, they went behind closed doors to secretly plan the termination/cancellation of the well-liked and recently hired superintendent without discussing the plan with the minority board members. The superintendent had worked in the district for 26 years.

IANAL, but it sounds like the woke majority broke a few laws in their secret shenanigans. The district will pay $200K+ to the superintendent and likely quite a bit more if he moves forward with a lawsuit.

I'm beginning to think this whole woke mob, cancel culture thing is a real problem. Here's a link to an article and the school board meeting, which is actually pretty entertaining in a sad way.

Login to view embedded media

A Disconcerting Article about Woodson, I.U. Players and Fans

I just read a very disconcerting article about Woodson, I.U. players, and I.U. fans. In the article, the author chronicles some rather boorish behavior on Woodson's part. He skipped the handshake after the game. This type of behavior is reminiscent of a famous former I.U. coach. The author of the article also asked the I.U. coach about a question I and a lot of other fans have had concerning Trace's development: Why hasn't the coach helped Trayce develop an outside shot? The answer, "He's not comfortable with it," is as inexplicable a reaction as why Woodson skipped the end of game handshake. In the article the author also relates how Bates taunts the Illinois bench after being fouled, shouting, "They can't guard me." What a brave comment from such a stellar player! Finally, he relates the incident about some brave I.U. fans who "say something so bad to Kofi Cockburn "[that the center stops walking and merely smiles at them} . I always want to think the best about I.U.'s coach, their players, and their fans. This article in the Indianapolis Star did not give me that feeling.

Observations after watching 6 straight games yesterday

Shooting well is as always so important. After reading all the posts this morning..,,.Get a kick out of many of you acting like you’re on cocaine after a win like Purdue and ready to crawl in the grave like now. 3 shots made and 3 shots missed by them and there is a different outcome.

We would get manhandled by the size and strength of teams like ALA KEN. ETC
Need more skill

There were more than a few blowouts yesterday. Something in the air or just coincidence of poor shooting or what🤨

Comments about CMW not being able to evaluate HS talent are (sorry) ludicrous. That is now just starting. Armchair coaching is a bit overdone as well. Give it some time will tell slack.
I could go on but as of now it is what is is and I will never tire of watching the games like I have since 1970 and still keep chuckling at many of the observations on this board. Fire away!!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT