ADVERTISEMENT

This might be an interesting topic for discussion. DOJ open to considering safe injection sites

Of course the idea is to reduce overdoses; but man this seems like a tacit endorsement of drug use. If opioid use/abuse is the issue why would we subsidize safe centers to do drugs? Why wouldn't we fund more MAT centers to treat the addiction? Talk about NIMBY. Part of So Fla (Delray and others) are already like the Walking Dead with the amount of addicts, imagine having an injection site on the corner of your street.

I don't see the logic here, but thought it might make for an interesting debate/discussion

Duke

I find it Interesting when we were recruiting Kyle F he was ranked like 80th. He verbals to Duke and suddenly become like top 25. Now they moved him up to #2 and all the top three are going to Duke. It is amazing how quickly your ranking jumps once you decide to go to Duke.

Rivals100_150_250_Icon-c365d96b262d22378318afe1fd29669772e8229b6a044f5d9332f78250f34e73.png

Prospect Ranking
Rivals100Rivals150Rivals250

RANKCHANGEPROSPECTPOSLOCATIONHTWTCOMMIT STATUS

DARIQ
WHITEHEAD

SF

Montverde, FL
Montverde Academy

6'8"

Duke
8/1/21
SIGNED

KYLE
FILIPOWSKI

PF

Wilbraham, MA
Wilbraham And Monson Academy

6'10"

Duke
7/29/21
SIGNED

-

DERECK
LIVELY

C

Westtown, PA
Westtown School

6'11"

Duke
9/20/21
SIGNED

Official Prediction Thread: IU @ Northwestern...

and what are we drinking tonight?

Vegas doesn't have much faith in us tonight. I know we're on the road, but I didn't expect to be an underdog to an 11-10 Northwestern team. I have more faith than that, though our team tests that faith every game! We're such an up-and-down team... big downer after getting crushed in the 2nd half against Illinois over the weekend. I think we respond and leave Evanston with a W.

IU 67
NU 59

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for me tonight. Going back to a classic.

What say you Hoosier fans?

GO HOOSIERS!!
Reactions: IU1981David

Daily Hoosier - Miller Kopp Just Wants to Return to Old Stomping Grounds and Get a Win + NW Pre-Game

$$ Over/Under on when to file car insurance claim

Say, you slid into someone's mailbox in the snow and suffered some minor front end damage. It's simply cosmetic but this is a nice car, not a beater, so fixing it is a must. Your deductible is $500. What is your over/under on total repair cost before you file a claim, vs just paying out of pocket and leaving insurance out of it? Side note. Your wife had a pretty solid accident a couple of years ago that already affected your rates.

Go.

Merrill v. Milligan

By a 5-4 vote the Supreme Court halts a lower court order that required Alabama to redraw its Congressional map.

That means Louisiana map will most likely withstand VRA challenges.

Worst case scenario for Democrats was SCOTUS to stay Alabama decision & then order a full trial which could lead to SCOTUS undoing much of the VRA. That is exactly what is happening now.
Reactions: dbmhoosier

+1 @ NW

Man, that last loss hurt. This game all of a sudden becomes very important. Don’t want to be on a two game slide going into the Izzone.

Good news is, we are much more talented than NW, and they have no true big. TJD needs to go for 25 and 10 tonight. He should dominate, no reason not to.

Tonight scares me, but still think we are gonna get this dub. All aboard!

Keep Fentanyl on Schedule I?

With the Fentanyl posioning now the leading cause of death, does it really make sense to let schedule 1 classification lapse? (Yes Fentanyl… not COVID, not car crashes, not heart disease is the leading cause of death … among the young).

https://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/br...reducing-illicit-fentanyl-related-substances/

https://www.c-span.org/video/?516433-1/house-hearing-regulation-fentanyl-related-substances

Perhaps with Fenanyl poisoning being treated as manslaughter… the schedule I issue is moot.

I first recall hearing about Fentanyl upon Michael Jackson’s overdose.

Maybe A Late Bloomer? Albert Schwartz Sophomore Forward/Center Lafayette Central Catholic

Still raw and has work to do, but seems to be coming on and might be worth keeping an eye on. Averaging 9 PPG 7 RPG and has recorded a double-double the last 3 games (12 points 14 rebounds vs Benton Central, 11 points 10 rebounds vs Twin Lakes, 16 points 14 rebounds vs Harrison). Also had a 12 point 7 rebound game vs Lafayette Jeff earlier in the year.

Rival Views: Mid-major commits, sleepers, sneaky good classes

Ahead of the rankings refresh, Rivals takes a look at some of the 'sneaky good classes' ranked outside of the top-15.

Rivals national writer Travis Graf goes with Indiana.

Michigan lost both coordinators

Harbaugh had been thru new coordinators year after year, it seemed, and finally found some success and now they're both gone.

It sounds as if Gattis thought he should have been in line for the head coaching job when it looked like Harbaugh was leaving and when he was told otherwise he bolted to Miami (heard this on Sirius XM).

I wonder if Hart will get his OC opportunity now?
Reactions: vesuvius13

New starting line ups!!

We need a change of our starting line up!!! Whatever you may think it’s not working!!! Remember Knight in 1987 when we won the NCAA Championship we had 15 different starting line ups through the year!!! We need that now!!! Our starting line up should be Trace, Race, Xavier, Galloway, and Geronimo!!!! Let’s do that and bring the so called shooters of the bench for a spark!!!

Recruit Watching (Monday)

Here are Carmel for the big Class 4A State Championship rematch as the Greyhounds host Lawrence North this evening. Carmel defeated Lawrence North 51-46 in Overtime to win the 4A state championship last season.

Two guys I will be keeping a close on eye tonight is Lawrence North's 2022 guard CJ Gunn (Indiana Signee) and Carmel's 2023 wing Sam Orme (Interest, No Official Offer).

Make sure to follow along as I will have updates on Gunn, Orme, and the game in general. Will also have a couple small evaluations on Gunn and Orme following the conclusion of the game.

You can also follow me on Twitter for more Indiana Basketball recruiting updates @KylerStaley.

Tipoff in about 20 minuets.

#iubb
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT