ADVERTISEMENT

You can’t say that!

Desantis has never been close to Trump in the polls

How does he snatch defeat from victory when he was never in the lead?
Correct.

In the greater sense, DeS was seen as an acceptable 'successor ' to PDJT, perhaps a wing-man until '28.

Greed? Opportunism? Bad Counsel..? - took his campaign into the weeds.

The successor was moving to be the 'replacement ' to PDJT..

Very.Bad.Move.

The MAGA organization was quick to unmask DeS, finding Jeb Bush funding....

MAGA and unaffiliated Alt-Right have walked away from any future consideration of DeS as a viable candidate.

Correct.

In the greater sense, DeS was seen as an acceptable 'successor ' to PDJT, perhaps a wing-man until '28.

Very.Bad.Move.

MAGA and unaffiliated Alt-Right have walked away from any future consideration of DeS as a viable candidate.
The Trump Organization is setting itself up to lose again. He ain't the guy.

The Trump Organization is setting itself up to lose again. He ain't the guy.

Craze, since there will be a Republican primary wouldn't it be the party members which are setting themselves up to lose upon nominating Trump ?

Sometimes I wonder if the days of party bosses picking a candidate at a party convention didn't provide us with better Oval office executives than those more popularly nominated through primaries.

Never in the somewhat distant past would such a thought ever have crossed my mind. Am I becoming less of a small "d" democrat ?

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Craze, since there will be a Republican primary wouldn't it be the party members which are setting themselves up to lose upon nominating Trump ?

Sometimes I wonder if the days of party bosses picking a candidate at a party convention didn't provide us with better Oval office executives than those more popularly nominated through primaries.

Never in the somewhat distant past would such a thought ever have crossed my mind. Am I becoming less of a small "d" democrat ?
We'll see how it goes, the whole "Ron DeSantis was exposed as a GOPe" thing is just dumb. Trump can't win without the more moderate people and the moderate wing needs MAGA types to win at the national level. All these people are going to have to stop fighting and learn to get along. Trump isn't helping with that at all.

If he is the candidate again I am going to be wildly disappointed. It will mean 2 bad options again because even without Biden nobody I would vote for is winning a Democrat Primary either.

We'll see how it goes, the whole "Ron DeSantis was exposed as a GOPe" thing is just dumb. Trump can't win without the more moderate people and the moderate wing needs MAGA types to win at the national level. All these people are going to have to stop fighting and learn to get along. Trump isn't helping with that at all.

If he is the candidate again I am going to be wildly disappointed. It will mean 2 bad options again because even without Biden nobody I would vote for is winning a Democrat Primary either.
I mean, have you seen DANC and Aloha going at it, here? That ain't happenin'

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

Desantis blew the launch and, honestly, still is blowing the campaign.

He's taking a whipping from Trump in the insult game. He took it straight on the chin and his punches back are super weak. He knew what he was going up against and took exactly the wrong tack. He had enough early buzz that he could have gone toe-to-toe and made a game of it. Instead, he said nothing remotely critical until he got brought down a few notches.

He's taking a whipping from Trump in the insult game. He took it straight on the chin and his punches back are super weak. He knew what he was going up against and took exactly the wrong tack. He had enough early buzz that he could have gone toe-to-toe and made a game of it. Instead, he said nothing remotely critical until he got brought down a few notches.
I read a few righty blog sites and one of them that I would consider about the furthes right of those I read had a pretty harsh broadside against Trump yesterday. Tim Scott caught a little bit of it to over the Florida school standards and his response as well (namely he isn't up for a fight). Anyways, Trump is benefiting some from the circle the wagons phenomenon right now. He was below 50% support before all his legal stuff popped up. We'll see how it goes when the primary really kicks in.

Could you imagine me and you and joe and cray riding the backroads of indiana. out on a pick. the windows down in joe's rat rod. cray wanting us to swing by an auction house so he can meet a guy who owes him and is late. that's MAGA!!!
Hint: bigger turn off than car seats…..

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Sounds like a typical Saturday night in my little town. We always had to stop and drink our cherry vodka out in the cornfield so no one would see us.
Yep cherry vodka mixed with a DQ Misty.

Turns out you’re a bigot too. I guess you were trying to make fun of me and my fiancé with the buggy comment. I’ve never been in an Amish buggy but I am proud of the Amish/Mennonite heritage in my family. I learned integrity, compassion for other human beings, hard work and many other great attributes from the Amish/Mennonites. Bigots like you have tried use my heritage to make fun of and demoralize me and many like me. It has never worked and it won’t work for you.

Be safe and enjoy showing off in your “hot”car today. BTW I am passing a buggy right now on my way to a client.
I'm not into to religious extremists, and I'm glad your car has the hp to pass a 1 hp wagon. By the way, it's you who brought up my car, not me. I just answered your question.

And believe me, it's not your heritage that bothers me. It's your uninformed political nonsense and your profanity.

Reactions: Circlejoe
His wife fancies herself a national political strategist on par with Ed Rollins or Jim Carville. She’s not. She thinks her neighborhood in Florida is a national bellwether. It’s not. They screwed up right at a critical time. DeSantis can still recover, but he’s not good at the game.

Desantis has never been close to Trump in the polls

How does he snatch defeat from victory when he was never in the lead?

DeSantis and his wife totally misread Trump's base, and where it was coming from.

all they saw was Trump's war on social liberals, which totally missed a main core of his base.

Trump the politician is just Trump the salesman. Give the voter what they want.

Trump saw what social issues resignated big with voter blocks, religion, pro life, anti immigration, anti crime, and gave it to them, at least lip service to.

but so did every other conservative politician.

but Trump also saw how overwhelmingly popular and passionate Bernie's populous ECONOMIC agenda and political base was compared to Hilary and every Pub, and what voters hoped they would get from Obama, (pro working class since he was black), but absolutely didn't.

and when the DNC and the DNC media sht all over the Bernie base and thew them in the trash, which didn't go unnoticed by much of Bernie's base, Trump went dumper diving for that base as well to add to his conservative social base, by plagiarizing much of Bernie's stump attack on offshoring the manufacturing base to China and adding in that the media was the enemy of the working man, which it obviously was and is.

DeSantis and all the other Pubs only took up Trump's conservative social agendas and attack on immigration, but totally leave out the economic/offshoring Bernie points, which are also a main piece of Trump's anti immigrant stance. (it isn't just the "brown" thing with Trump's "build the wall" base, but the flooding the labor market with cheap labor and workers thing).

Trump's social agenda copied by DeSantis and all other Pubs is only half of Trump's political popularity.

the other half, and the one most passionate because no other politicians are going for them, is the Bernie bros he inherited that the DNC and DNC media threw in the trash.

DeSantis and all the other Pubs trailing Trump by a mile despite all Trump's being a horrible and corrupt pathologically lying POS of a human being, is that none of the rest of the Pub politicians grasped how big a piece the economic Bernie base Trump retrieved from the dumpster play for Trump, and think they can do it taking on only the social side.

Last edited:
Aside from the fact that it was a controversy days prior to Harris's trip to FL to condemn it, and the fact that other current or previous Black GOP politicians found it offensive (see Michael Steele roundtable below) exactly what purpose do you think it served by DeSantis's handpicked "scholars" to serve up the controversy?

Why is there any need to make the claim that slaves learned skills that they later benefited from? How scholarly are these folks, if when they are asked to cite examples, they immediately start naming people who were either never slaves, or who learned the "skills" after the period when they were enslaved? Sounds pretty lazy for an "academic", don't you think?

And beyond that, in what universe is it beneficial to claim that in race riots (launched by whites vs Blacks) there were "victims" on both sides? How exactly are people who started a riot and were subsequently injured "victims" in any sense of the word? Who exactly are these provisions designed to appeal to?

Perhaps the Trump voters in this poll that said discrimination vs Whites is a bigger problem than racism vs Blacks? The only demographic that elieves that are Trump voters, and some of their responses are unbelievable. For example 19% say racism vs Blacks is a big problem, but 37% answer the same question with regards to discrimination vs Whites?

Oddly enough the same poll in 2017 found that in the eyes of white Trump voters whites were more oppressed than Blacks,Latinos,Jews and Muslims. In that poll 45% of white Trumpers considered discrimination vs Whites a huge problem while only 22% considered racism vs Blacks a problem...

This is the constituency Ron is targeting with ALL of his political culture wars. But there is nothing that indicates these scholars are any more competent than the previous DOE officials that DeSantis dismissed. Similarly, Ron's political choice of Ladapo as chief medical officer during the pandemic led to reduced vaccination rates and FL having more deaths during Delta than any other state. And now FL leads the US in malaria cases. Coincidence?

And while the guy I've never heard of in this roundtable may be a liberal, the two Republicans (Michael Steele and Brendan Buck) definitely are centrist or even center Right. But they both point out why DeSantis can't win and as Buck points out DeSantis is incredibly stubborn and has allowed the issue to fester...

Last edited:
Reactions: Indyhorn

Agreed- folks wanted to avoid Trump at all costs- but Trump tore into DeSantis and with DeSantis trying to get to right of Trump just killed him. And had he used his superior intellect to hit Trump in kind, I think DeSantis could’ve taken Trump. Now, like the rest of 85% of Americans, DeSantis hopes Trump is found guilty on a Felony

Correct.

Very.Bad.Move.

I said before he ever announced he needed to wait until 2028. He should have listened to me. lol

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Desantis acts like a little boy who is brave only because his big brother is standing behind him, arms crossed with a menacing look, ready to save him if he's challenged.

because at one point he was a smart, successful, accomplished, sane alternative to a lying lunatic.
There are a lot of Republicans who can claim that.

I've always said the media would demonize any Republican who would run for President and it looks like I was right.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
There are a lot of Republicans who can claim that.

I've always said the media would demonize any Republican who would run for President and it looks like I was right.
Any Republican?

Are they "demonizing" Scott, Hurd, Haley, Hutchinson?

Reactions: Indyhorn
Reactions: Spartans9312
"weaponized DOJ" or "War on Christmas" or "shadowbanning" or "biased media" or "brainwashing by teachers"

The scars were removed.
They could not have factored in any part of the interview.

The five issues you posted have been exhaustively documented, and still remain, along with many more.

Remove your scars, and possibly the 'noticing' will move on..

The scars were removed.
They could not have factored in any part of the interview.

The five issues you posted have been exhaustively documented, and still remain, along with many more.

Remove your scars, and possibly the 'noticing' will move on..
The whole point went so far over your head it's got a tail number.

It never got off the ground,
weighed down by your false analogy.
It’s not a false analogy.

You only have to look up resume name discrimination studies to show that discrimination exists, for example. Now, knowing that discrimination exists, does it provide an out for people? Sure. That was the point of that video.

I’ll concede for the sake of argument that everyone really is out to get conservative Christians (they’re not, but just to make the point). The reality of discrimination being a thing doesn’t matter to the perception of the “victim,” which the video was about.

You can’t have your cake (I.e., people are a bunch of crybabies always claiming discrimination) and eat it too (I.e., except me and my people. We’re TOTALLY discriminated against all the time).

He will be the nominee.
You won't be satisfied until Trump loses 30 percent to 70 percent. For the rest of your life you'll be talking about your "lost cause" of making America great again. If only the rest of the country saw the light, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT