ADVERTISEMENT

The Bird is Free

stollcpa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2010
The Democrats won’t be able to censor free speech at Twitter anymore.

The 2020 election might have been different if Musk had owned Twitter. There wouldn’t have been censorship of Republican free speech.

Now Musk will deal with the Democrat weaponization of the DOJ and FBI.

The 2020 election might have been different if Musk had owned Twitter. There wouldn’t have been censorship of Republican free speech.

Sounds like we will longer need QAnon and the like to get our conspiracy and misinformation theories? I don't know why this sounds so good. How do you think Putin and Xi will now use the platform? It's very naive to think this won't create a lot of problems.

Wrong. Twitter derives revenue as an advertising platform. If Musk allows it to become a cesspool, those ad dollars will drop. My guess is that Musk will make a business decision here and manage content, probably similar to current Twitter policy.

Last edited:

Musk is now going to buy the DOJ and the FBI? I like it.

Buy the IRS first.

Wrong. Twitter derives revenue as an advertising platform. If Musk allows it to become a cesspool, those ad dollars will drop. My guess is that Musk will make a business decision here and manage content, probably similar to current Twitter policy.
It already is a cesspool. And it's extremely biased. I follow the enemy. They get away with murder on the left at Twitter. It's also fake as hell. I can click a heart on a dem post and it's added. If I click a pub post the meter doesn't move.

The thing I love most is the 75% of the dead weight he is dumping. They are all censors. Who wants censors. While I agree it can't go bat shit crazy it's still so left leaning it's nuts. All of em are making threats too like actors saying they'll leave the states if so and so gets elected. Hilarious

He's already sent a letter to advertisers saying he will not allow it to become a "free for all hellscape". So squaring that circle with his unfettered free speech isn't going to be easy.

Unless Twitter starts charging users, advertiser desires will dominate. If they start charging users my guess is a lot of people will leave.

It already is a cesspool. And it's extremely biased. I follow the enemy. They get away with murder on the left at Twitter. It's also fake as hell. I can click a heart on a dem post and it's added. If I click a pub post the meter doesn't move.

The thing I love most is the 75% of the dead weight he is dumping. They are all censors. Who wants censors. While I agree it can't go bat shit crazy it's still so left leaning it's nuts. All of em are making threats too like actors saying they'll leave the states if so and so gets elected. Hilarious
You people just live in some kind of fantasy world.

The Democrats own everything, Stoll, and they're out to get you! Run!

And what is it with the left? Before Trump got elected the left and everyone in Hollywood told him to run. He announces he is running pub and Everyone turned on him like a venomous snake.

Elon was loved by the left. His factories were shut down in Cali and he saw the writing on the wall. He leaves Cali and the dem party, AND for good reason and now the left hates him.

Tulsi was loved by the left, but the party went so batshit left she could not deal with it. Common sense got removed from left ideals. So she leaves and she is hated now.

That’s all everyone should want. That’s not the way it’s been and any fair minded person recognizes that.

Reactions: vesuvius13

Do you understand the algorithms involved? I don't but I'm pretty sure if you want to be outraged by the "other side" Twitter will serve that shit up on a platter for you.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

Hard to believe you work in any type of professional setting. How will he tackle your perceived DOJ problem?

I know you Trump guys love your strongmen, so how do you think Musk would go about this?

I left facebook years ago Goat. NOW, what did I lie about?
You claimed Twitter won't let you like conservative tweets. That's a lie, and you know it's a lie.

But after you posted your strange little rant about Trump, Elon, and Tulsi, I'm not so worried about your honesty. I'm more worried about your mental health. Please get checked out.

Agreed. And in a balanced way hopefully. The Gen Z libs that run that place are hopefully in for a very rude awakening. The adults have taken over.

It was a dumpster fire of liberal control.
I keep hearing this and I just cannot figure out why a conservative controlled platform doesn't really take off? Twitter and Truth Social are both private companies who can pretty much do what they want as it relates to censorship on their platform. But one is worth billions while the other is not.

In the marketplace of ideas and advertisers, why are liberals winning?

I keep hearing this and I just cannot figure out why a conservative controlled platform doesn't really take off? Twitter and Truth Social are both private companies who can pretty much do what they want as it relates to censorship on their platform. But one is worth billions while the other is not.

That’s all we do, baby.

Reactions: larsIU

The extremists on each side are very different. Conservative loons like forever Trumpers and election deniers sit around in person at diners and coffee shops and spit out their nonsense. They take it online sometimes but nobody cares. They have a more lone wolf style and each one’s bullshit isn’t necessarily in lockstep with each other’s.

Progressive loons do it in a more calculated manner. They have to express themselves under the veil of intelligentsia and create a status bubble where there is pressure to agree to them or you’ll be out of the bubble. Online platforms - especially social networks - are perfect for this. They help the bubbles form and keep the narratives strong. If you don’t move in lockstep with the latest narrative - you’re out.

Sounds like we will longer need QAnon and the like to get our conspiracy and misinformation theories? I don't know why this sounds so good. How do you think Putin and Xi will now use the platform? It's very naive to think this won't create a lot of problems.
Isn't capitalism awesome? As a formal liberal who is for free speech, it's a great thing. For whatever reasons, a lot of the large tech companies have been pushed pretty far left and have embraced too much censorship in my opinion. Musk isn't some far right wing zealot, he's a former liberal who I consider a centrist. I think it will benefit Democrats, as well. They will get more of their stupid ideas challenged.

Progressive loons do it in a more calculated manner.
I did get a chuckle out of reading anything Progressives do being calculated. I believe it's closer to hive think or groupthink. Also, don't worry there are still TONS of conservative loons on Twitter bitching about Twitter censoring conservative loons.

I agree Twitter's mgmt leans Progressive. Just like Exxon's leans conservative. If we're going to start legislating the belief system of a company, whoa boy.

I did get a chuckle out of reading anything Progressives do being calculated. I believe it's closer to hive think or groupthink. Also, don't worry there are still TONS of conservative loons on Twitter bitching about Twitter censoring conservative loons.

I agree Twitter's mgmt leans Progressive. Just like Exxon's leans conservative. If we're going to start legislating the belief system of a company, whoa boy.
I agree it’s completely hivethink. But there’s a queen bee in each hive. Twitter will hopefully no longer be a part of any political narrative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT