ADVERTISEMENT

Musk/Twitter Document Dump

Dems and squishy Republicans on this board are their own echo chamber. They've all convinced themselves Trump is Beelzebub's brother. So they're convinced Trump would lose in a landslide.

I think a lot depends on who the Dems run, but clearly Trump is the Republican front-runner outside of this board. Maybe Desantis comes on, I don't know. But the media won't be kind to him, either.
Trump lost in a landslide to Bidens corpse. He cost the Republicans mightily in the midterms.

The only ones convincing themselves are the ones who somehow still think Trump is the answer.

You are so weak. ;)
The guy sabotaged the 2020 Georgia senate elections and backed idiots in the 2022 primaries who subsequently lost elections Republicans should’ve won. Its personal grievance above party and principle for him at this point.

Weak would be to continue down the path of losing. But we’re all all IUBB fans so that’s a path we all know well.

The guy sabotaged the 2020 Georgia senate elections and backed idiots in the 2022 primaries who subsequently lost elections Republicans should’ve won. Its personal grievance above party and principle for him at this point.

Weak would be to continue down the path of losing. But we’re all all IUBB fans so that’s a path we all know well.
Lighten up, Francis. It's a running joke with McMurtry and me.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Trump lost in a landslide to Bidens corpse. He cost the Republicans mightily in the midterms.

The only ones convincing themselves are the ones who somehow still think Trump is the answer.
I'm not saying he is or isn't the 'answer'. I'm just giving you my opinion of what, imo, will happen.

I'm not sure who Republicans will run, but I'll vote for whomever it is, including Trump.

Got any examples, or do you just buy the "Trump lies" claims without any facts?
Bad faith argument yet again. I’ll indulge you with a few of countless lies, big and small.

He promised he’d build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. Neither happened except for a tiny length of new wall was built and we paid for that. Than he lied by claiming he built the wall.

He lied about the size of his inauguration just to kick his Presidency off with an obvious blatant lie.

He claimed he’d balance the budget and never tried.

He lied about election fraud. Only idiots and true believers believe that nonsense.

He lied about the FBI planting classified documents in his house than lied about declassifying them. Even if one of those was a the truth (neither is) it would make the other a lie.

I could go on for pages, but my least favorite President was Bill Clinton who was a compulsive liar. Trump makes Bill Clinton look like one of our most honest Presidents in comparison.

Get out of here with the idea that Trump isn’t a liar. Only a blind, deaf, and stupid person could possibly think that.

Compromise is the job of the folks in the Capitol and statehouses, it’s not to be done at the ballot box.

So when you consider voting for a person from the opposite party of yourself who promises to “reach across the aisle”, think again.

You are being sold a bill of goods.

When the tea party came around, compromise started to be seen as a bad thing and it has only gotten worse. Politicians want to get re-elected so they have compromised a lot less.

So yea, I wouldn't count on any compromising or reaching across the aisle...especially on hot topics that garner strong opinions

Reactions: UncleMark
I'm not saying he is or isn't the 'answer'. I'm just giving you my opinion of what, imo, will happen.

I'm not sure who Republicans will run, but I'll vote for whomever it is, including Trump.
Yeah but you’d take DeSantis in a head to head primarily. At least I hope you would.

Heard anything from DeSantis since he’s won his second term? Likely not much.

But he’s been plugging away not responding to antagonisms from the Trumpers and fighting the good fight.

Fight the marxists in the state house not on Twitter.

Bad faith argument yet again. I’ll indulge you with a few of countless lies, big and small.

He promised he’d build the wall and have Mexico pay for it. Neither happened except for a tiny length of new wall was built and we paid for that. Than he lied by claiming he built the wall.

He lied about the size of his inauguration just to kick his Presidency off with an obvious blatant lie.

He claimed he’d balance the budget and never tried.

He lied about election fraud. Only idiots and true believers believe that nonsense.

He lied about the FBI planting classified documents in his house than lied about declassifying them. Even if one of those was a the truth (northern is) it would make the other a lie.

I could go on for pages, but my least favorite President was Bill Clinton who was a compulsive liar. Trump makes Bill Clinton look like one of our most honest Presidents in comparison.

Get out of here with the idea that Trump isn’t a liar. Only a blind, deaf, and stupid person could possibly think that.
He didn't 'lie' about the FBI planting docs - he suggested it might have happened. Would you put it past the FBI, after they lied to get FISA warrants? And yes, they did lie to get them, as the conviction by Durham showed.

Are we calling unfulfilled campaign promises "lies" now? Really? Then every politician lies. Every. One.

Please do go on. You've proved you're just parroting what you've heard - Democrat and media talking points.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
When the tea party came around, compromise started to be seen as a bad thing and it has only gotten worse. Politicians want to get re-elected so they have compromised a lot less.

So yea, I wouldn't count on any compromising or reaching across the aisle...especially on hot topics that garner strong opinions
Then it’s a stalemate and not an issue worth changing the status quo on. Get it?

Agreeing to spend half a trillion dollars instead of a trillion dollars on a program you don't agree with is not compromise, Grover.

Yeah but you’d take DeSantis in a head to head primarily. At least I hope you would.

Heard anything from DeSantis since he’s won his second term? Likely not much.

But he’s been plugging away not responding to antagonisms from the Trumpers and fighting the good fight.

Fight the marxists in the state house not on Twitter.
@DANC this really is the point. There’s no reason to vote trump if Desantis runs

Then it’s a stalemate and not an issue worth changing the status quo on. Get it?
Is there a point where your candidate becomes such a danger to the country that getting him out of office is more important?

Or is policy the most important factor regardless of any attempts to subvert the countries laws and/or constitution ?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
He didn't 'lie' about the FBI planting docs - he suggested it might have happened. Would you put it past the FBI, after they lied to get FISA warrants? And yes, they did lie to get them, as the conviction by Durham showed.

Are we calling unfulfilled campaign promises "lies" now? Really? Then every politician lies. Every. One.

Please do go on. You've proved you're just parroting what you've heard - Democrat and media talking points.
We’re done once again. You do not argue honestly about Trump. It’s fitting because Trump is dishonest too. Absolutely, the biggest liar we’ve elected in my lifetime. That’s a fact.

We’re done once again. You do not argue honestly about Trump. It’s fitting because Trump is dishonest too. Absolutely, the biggest liar we’ve elected in my lifetime. That’s a fact.
Pointing out the fallacy of your claims is arguing honestly. You just don't like to be exposed for spouting talking points without backup facts.

Is there a point where your candidate becomes such a danger to the country that getting him out of office is more important?

Or is policy the most important factor regardless of any attempts to subvert the countries laws and/or constitution ?
Yes, we've passed that point with Biden - he is a danger to the country and needs to be removed from office.

Reactions: Crayfish57
@DANC this really is the point. There’s no reason to vote trump if Desantis runs
Well, #1, he's not running yet. So, until he decides, it's all just speculation.

But if he does declare, you will see a media onslaught that will be equal to that on Trump. See what his numbers are after that.

Well, #1, he's not running yet. So, until he decides, it's all just speculation.

But if he does declare, you will see a media onslaught that will be equal to that on Trump. See what his numbers are after that.
Numbers should be immaterial. There should be no qualifiers. We know trump is a loser. Over and over. We know he’s a liar. We know his judgement is awful by the people he backs. Boebert. Mtg. Gaetz. His crowd are the worst of the worst. Dumb. Scummy. Gross.

Any Dem would destroy him. It would be ugly.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Numbers should be immaterial. There should be no qualifiers. We know trump is a loser. Over and over. We know he’s a liar. We know his judgement is awful by the people he backs.
Numbers are very material - they determine who wins elections.

Are you still voting for Trump if Biden and Trump are the choices?

The only ones convincing themselves are the ones who somehow still think Trump is the answer
He picked up House seats in 2020 and increased his popular vote share by around 12M votes but lol. The RINOs didn't do nearly as well as the Trump candidates in 2022. But keep supporting who you'll support. I'll stay home.

Reactions: DANC

I don’t know what “dangerous to the country” means. Trump was an embarrassment post the 2020 election. He was dangerous to the Republican Party’s election chances for sure.

The country? Nah. Some idiots storming the Capitol is shameful and a black mark on the nation. Trump’s lack of action on that day makes him disqualifying in my eyes.

The country wasn’t in jeopardy in 1812 when the Capitol burned down. That was a nuisance war, as is Trump, a nuisance.

I suppose some people would point to the Raffensberger incident “find the votes”. That was bad. Yes. Disqualifying.

Had Raffensberger “found” said votes and flipped Georgia red, guess what? Trump still would have lost.

This federalist, republic system we have is a great thing if you learn to embrace it. The irony is it saved your Democratic asses from being taken over by an orange faced loon who could just fire and appoint new leaders in Washington.

Yet your party undermines it and crams down on states every chance they get. Why exactly?

Do you believe in centralized Federal government control?

I don’t know what “dangerous to the country” means. Trump was an embarrassment post the 2020 election. He was dangerous to the Republican Party’s election chances for sure.

The country? Nah. Some idiots storming the Capitol is shameful and a black mark on the nation. Trump’s lack of action on that day makes him disqualifying in my eyes.

The country wasn’t in jeopardy in 1812 when the Capitol burned down. That was a nuisance war, as is Trump, a nuisance.

I suppose some people would point to the Raffensberger incident “find the votes”. That was bad. Yes. Disqualifying.

Had Raffensberger “found” said votes and flipped Georgia red, guess what? Trump still would have lost.

This federalist, republic system we have is a great thing if you learn to embrace it. The irony is it saved your Democratic asses from being taken over by an orange faced loon who could just fire and appoint new leaders in Washington.

Yet your party undermines it and crams down on states every chance they get. Why exactly?

Do you believe in centralized Federal government control?
Trump tried to have fake electors in multiple states overrule the will of the voters and encouraged his supporters to storm the Capitol.

Since 2020, trump has pushed election deniers in races across the country. If given the chance to steal the next election, do you think those election deniers would do the right thing?

Failure to succeed doesn't mean he wasn't a threat to our country. Plus, he hasn't stopped trying to better rig the system for his next attempt at the white house.

Plus, my question was a hypothetical about if there was anything a gop candidate could do to lose your vote to the evil dems. Or would they have free reign to do absolutely anything?

• Haha
Trump tried to have fake electors in multiple states overrule the will of the voters and encouraged his supporters to storm the Capitol.

Since 2020, trump has pushed election deniers in races across the country. If given the chance to steal the next election, do you think those election deniers would do the right thing?

Failure to succeed doesn't mean he wasn't a threat to our country. Plus, he hasn't stopped trying to better rig the system for his next attempt at the white house.

Plus, my question was a hypothetical about if there was anything a gop candidate could do to lose your vote to the evil dems. Or would they have free rein to do absolutely anything?
You are entirely too dramatic. Which is why you are a male Democrat. Enjoy.

So you've changed your mind? I thought you said you'd vote for Trump if it was between him and Biden?
Yeah no one should ever vote for trump again. no one should vote for boebert. mtg. none of them. they are about as gross as it gets. i can't even stand to look at their faces. I truly cannot stand that entire trump, boebert, mtg crowd.

Plus, my question was a hypothetical about if there was anything a gop candidate could do to lose your vote to the evil dems. Or would they have free reign to do absolutely anything?
Check out the House Democrat leader if you want to see an original election denier.

While I voted for him (really against Trump), he’s not escaped criticism from me. If you haven’t seen it you haven’t been paying attention.
And I'm sure that there a lot of people that did. I just don't get the worship of Trump. If Republican voters stay home because Trump is not the nominee in 2024 then they are not Republicans. Sometimes (like in 2016 & 2020) we just don't have a decent choice to vote for,

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
And I'm sure that there a lot of people that did. I just don't get the worship of Trump. If Republican voters stay home because Trump is not the nominee in 2024 then they are not Republicans. Sometimes (like in 2016 & 2020) we just don't have a decent choice to vote for,
I am one of the poor schmucks that did vote for Biden in the past election because of my disdain for Trump. I have voted Dem on a local & state level fairly frequently & will continue to do so. I have learned some lessons over these past couple of election cycles though. I care less about the person themselves, as they are surely all dirtbags on some level. It’s more about policy & platform, how they will vote in congress or act as President & based on that, the Dems on the national level are not in alignment with what’s best for me & my family. If someone such as Aloha would rather have Mother Theresa in office than someone that acts on their behalf, that’s their choice, but I have come to a different conclusion…

• Love
Reactions: DANC and dbmhoosier
We’re very lucky to have each other
The thing is you guys can disagree without rancor. You cannot discuss Trump on here without Democrats slinging names at you. And they defend the current incompetent lying old man who is standing in as president.

The thing is you guys can disagree without rancor. You cannot discuss Trump on here without Democrats slinging names at you. And they defend the current incompetent lying old man who is standing in as president.
DANC and I complete each other.

We take each other for all our faults. He knows I’m weak. I know he can’t wake up. And that’s okay

I have learned some lessons over these past couple of election cycles though. I care less about the person themselves, as they are surely all dirtbags on some level. It’s more about policy & platform
I agree with that for the most part. However I do have limits and Trump is over those limits.

Reactions: jet812
Dems and squishy Republicans on this board are their own echo chamber. They've all convinced themselves Trump is Beelzebub's brother. So they're convinced Trump would lose in a landslide.

I think a lot depends on who the Dems run, but clearly Trump is the Republican front-runner outside of this board. Maybe Desantis comes on, I don't know. But the media won't be kind to him, either.

I know, I know...Vanity Fair, but this seems to be tracking people I know. So anecdotally, the only way I think Trump is truly the front runner is if the GOP makes the mistake of running too many people in the primary. I think Trump has his 30% core support, give or take, and that would be enough in a crowded field.

I don't think the guy can win the general again and I think DeSantis is a better candidate all around. I have never voted in a primary, if the race is still competitive when Indiana gets its turn and Trump is running against DeSantis, I will be voting in my first primary to keep Trump out of the general.

Thanks for some of the things he did, disappointed in how he acted, go retire and enjoy your last years and let the new guys take over. I don't want another self centered 80 year old in office.

Why does everyone who tries to look objectively at Trump 'worship' him? Does everyone who voted for Biden worship him?

Stop the hyperbole - you are dehumanizing anyone who has a different viewpoint on Trump.

So, anyone who doesn't vote for any Republican is not a Republican? By your definition, Aloha is not a Repbublican.

I am one of the poor schmucks that did vote for Biden in the past election because of my disdain for Trump. I have voted Dem on a local & state level fairly frequently & will continue to do so. I have learned some lessons over these past couple of election cycles though. I care less about the person themselves, as they are surely all dirtbags on some level. It’s more about policy & platform, how they will vote in congress or act as President & based on that, the Dems on the national level are not in alignment with what’s best for me & my family. If someone such as Aloha would rather have Mother Theresa in office than someone that acts on their behalf, that’s their choice, but I have come to a different conclusion…
Thinking for yourself isn't in vogue around here.

Reactions: stollcpa

I know, I know...Vanity Fair, but this seems to be tracking people I know. So anecdotally, the only way I think Trump is truly the front runner is if the GOP makes the mistake of running too many people in the primary. I think Trump has his 30% core support, give or take, and that would be enough in a crowded field.

I don't think the guy can win the general again and I think DeSantis is a better candidate all around. I have never voted in a primary, if the race is still competitive when Indiana gets its turn and Trump is running against DeSantis, I will be voting in my first primary to keep Trump out of the general.

Thanks for some of the things he did, disappointed in how he acted, go retire and enjoy your last years and let the new guys take over. I don't want another self centered 80 year old in office.
I agree with most of that, but 30% is a huge number and a Republican nominee won't win without it. That's all I'm saying.

And as I said above, a lot can happen between now and the Primaries. Desantis could step on his dick, which I doubt, and Trump may decide to sit it out and throw his 30% to Desantis or some other candidate - I think he'd love to be the Warwick - Kingmaker - of the Republican Party.

Making a decision now, over a year before the first primary, is premature. I do think there will be many candidates because, even though they know they won't be the nominee, they'd love to show they have enough support for VP.

Why does everyone who tries to look objectively at Trump 'worship' him? Does everyone who voted for Biden worship him?
Trump is the only president in my lifetime that people would refuse to go vote for the R candidate of their party simply because he(Trump) didn't get nominated. I'm sure there are a lot on the D side that would like to see Biden nominated again (don't understand that one either) but I'll bet very, very few would stay home if he's not nominated again whereas I think a lot of Trump supporters will stay home if he's not the nominee in 2024.

You said 'I agree with most of that, but 30% is a huge number and a Republican nominee won't win without it. That's all I'm saying."

I agree with that and all I'm saying is if those 30% stay home and not vote for the R nominee (assuming it's not Trump) then they are essentially electing the D nominee.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT