ADVERTISEMENT

Mar-a-Lago is Under Siege

This explains how he got his job, among other things.

Looks like he was a very highly paid defense counsel and probably really knows his stuff.

You aren’t very good at this.

First, I repeated other reporting, thus the word “apparently”.

Second, Garland being out of the loop I thought was a point in Garland’s favor. He now put himself in the thick of one of the most shameful law enforcement episodes in recent history. I can’t imagine what is so damn important. This must be more than records disagreement.
"Other reporting" from where? Gateway Pundit? Daily Wire? OANN? You clearly need new sources. In the meantime, you should be more prudent about what you repeat.

And, wait. A federal search warrant is served on a former president and you honestly believed there was even a chance that the Attorney General of the United States didn't sign off on it? Holy shit, dude. You're starting to scare me.

There’s also a contingent that believes both were wrong. And that both should be treated accordingly.

They were both wrong but if memory serves me correctly, Hilary complied with the investigation. They didn't need a warrant to raid the location of the email server and she didn't say how wrong the FBI was for doing their job and thus lead her followers to attack the fbi.

I have seen you and @TommyCracker (off the top of my head) make this claim and I have found nothing to support that. The Judge was seated in 2018 and that was during Trump's tenure, however, I have also seen that this guy is a magistrate judge and magistrate judges are not picked by the President.

Unlike U.S. district judges, who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the United States Senate for lifetime tenure, magistrate judges are appointed by a majority vote of the federal district judges of a particular district and serve terms of eight years if full-time, or four years if part-time, and may be reappointed.
Yeah at the time it was making the rounds that he was a Trump appointment due to him 'being appointed' in 2018.

It was a state appointment under Rick Scott.

Rick Scott is known for being an pretty intense new conservative. It's not like he's Gavin Newsome.

Anyway that sucks because we all know people are going to go irrationally mental, blame libs, corrupt govt or some complicated nutty conspiracy and it was nice to be able to point out that it was actually Trump people in support of this.

So that blows.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

When he was a Trump appointee was a significant fact .. now it's been determined that he wasn't it's immaterial. 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
When he was a Trump appointee was a significant fact .. now it's been determined that he wasn't it's immaterial. 🤣 🤣
representing a dem doesn't necessarily make him a dem either.

It's immaterial to the lost cause of trying to convince Trumpers that there was nothing illegitimate or political about the raid. It's still a fact that Wray was appointed by Trump and he obviously doesn't have an issue with the raid.

Yeah at the time it was making the rounds that he was a Trump appointment due to him 'being appointed' in 2018.

Rick Scott is known for being an pretty intense new conservative. It's not like he's Gavin Newsome.

Anyway that sucks because we all know people are going to go irrationally mental, blame libs, corrupt govt or some complicated nutty conspiracy and it was nice to be able to point out that it was actually Trump people in support of this.

So that blows.
I think the judge is the least concerning thing of this for me to be honest.

Reactions: TommyCracker
We know that the judge who signed the warrant was a Trump appointee, and that he has requested the warrant be unsealed by Aug 15. We also know that the reason the FBI was made aware of additional documents not being willingly returned was that someone in Trump's inner circle turned informer. The fact that someone was privy to the knowledge of what had been kept and informed the FBI of it after the Archives had previously picked up 15 boxes, basically blows a hole in any claim that Trump was unaware of the fact that he was committing an unlawful act.

You'll notice none of the denials focus on claiming there were NO classified documents seized, and both the warrant and the list of seized materials are in Trump's possession and could be released by him at any time. And as has been pointed out, the FBI chose Monday because it was just outside the 90 day threshold (92 days) prior to the midterms. The irony is that while many people are attempting to mindlessly complain about the FBI engaging in "political tactics", the exact opposite is true.

The FBI actually went out of their way to avoid violating Trump's privacy or to prejudice his public image. The primary example of that is the fact that they did not even announce the raid or acknowledge that it had occurred. That info was released by Trump, and he decided to do so long after the raid actually concluded, mainly to portray himself as victim. There were no news crews on site that had been alerted by the FBI. As far as the FBI was concerned it was a secret operation...

They purposely chose a day when he was not at the site, to avoid any pics or videos from news reports showing him being present and confronted by FBI agents. Basically the opposite of a perp walk, although they never intended to arrest him or put him in any handcuffs. They also dressed in plainclothes (not the usual FBI jackets) to avoid any type of photos which might possibly display prejudice against him. Reports are that the decision makers at the FBI deliberated for weeks over the pros and cons of staging the raid, after they received the info from the informant.

And, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like Trump actually did receive a subpoena for documents in June, long before the search warrant was enforced in August:

So since the Trump supporters claimed the government was abusive in conducting a search warrant at Mar-A-Lago, because it should have issued a subpoena first (but allegedly didn't), well, it looks like the govt did actually do what the Trump supporters wrongly claimed it didn't.

OK, Trump supporters, what do you say now?

(Probably will be something about Hunter Biden or Hillary Clinton).

Trump 2024 (to 10) !!

Reactions: Bill4411

So that blows.
Sure, it will matter to conspiracy nuts but not to anyone with half a brain.

Signing off on a search warrant application isn't at all like, for example, issuing a court opinion. It's pro forma. If the requirements are met (i.e. supporting affidavit, the requisite specificity, probable cause, etc.), the magistrate judge is going to sign off on it regardless of whether he's left or right, lib or con, Pub, Dem or Green Party. Rule 41 of the Fed Rules of Criminal Procedure reads that the magistrate judge, after receiving an affidavit or other information, must issue the warrant if there is probable cause.

It's insane and beyond troubling that this judge is being threatened. Trump's wrecking ball keeps swinging.

Reactions: TommyCracker
"Other reporting" from where? Gateway Pundit? Daily Wire? OANN? You clearly need new sources. In the meantime, you should be more prudent about what you repeat.

And, wait. A federal search warrant is served on a former president and you honestly believed there was even a chance that the Attorney General of the United States didn't sign off on it? Holy shit, dude. You're starting to scare me.
Garland is so incompetent there is no way of knowing what he thinks.

he continues with a FISA. Terror alert after the letter asking for help is withdrawn and an apology issued.

He follows the law “without fear or favor” unless law breakers are hounding certain members of the Supreme Court to influence a case.

He is all indignant over FBI criticism because they are patriots doing their job yet he and high officials he supervises criticize state law officials and law enforcement all the time and file frivolous cases because he doesn’t like certain states’ laws.

He calls Mar a Lago a “premises owned by the former president” as if it were a hotel or something. No Mr. AG, you are talking about his home and his private bedroom and office.

Im sick and tired of Garlands bullshit.

he continues with a FISA. Terror alert after the letter asking for help is withdrawn and an apology issued.

He follows the law “without fear or favor” unless law breakers are hounding certain members of the Supreme Court to influence a case.

He is all indignant over FBI criticism because they are patriots doing their job yet he and high officials he supervises criticize state law officials and law enforcement all the time and file frivolous cases because he doesn’t like certain states’ laws.

He calls Mar a Lago a “premises owned by the former president” as if it were a hotel or something. No Mr. AG, you are talking about his home and his private bedroom and office.

Is Mar-a lago Trump's home? I'm not sure what it is?

A 1993 agreement with the town of Palm Beach allowed Trump to convert Mar-a-Lago to a 10-guest-suite private club but, in doing so, prohibited him from living there full-time. Despite the deal, Trump announced in 2019 that he was moving his residency status from New York to Florida and that Mar-a-Lago would be his new home.

And though some neighbors fought back, in 2021, Trump officially skirted the 1993 deal by claiming he was an employee of his club. The town agreed with Trump’s attorney, who held that his client performed work at the club such as attending events, greeting guests and recommending candidates for membership.

A club membership includes "the use of the formal and casual dining areas, the Mar-a-Lago Spa, the pool, the Beach Club, breathtaking guest rooms, exclusive suites, and a state-of-the-art-fitness center," its website said.

Reactions: Bowlmania

When Trump bought Mar-a-Lago he signed documents that it wouldn’t be a residence. He cheated on that like he cheats on everything else. You’re sick and tired of Trump, you just haven’t been diagnosed yet. Pay a visit to that local hospital of yours where they give you such great care. I think you could be cured within the decade.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Huh?

Actually, Mar-a-Lago actually is "a hotel or something."

In fact, it is a private club, with scores of rooms and storage areas and many visitors completely outside Trump's family.

Don't you get the internet in Colorado?

And, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like Trump actually did receive a subpoena for documents in June, long before the search warrant was enforced in August:

So since the Trump supporters claimed the government was abusive in conducting a search warrant at Mar-A-Lago, because it should have issued a subpoena first (but allegedly didn't), well, it looks like the govt did actually do what the Trump supporters wrongly claimed it didn't.

OK, Trump supporters, what do you say now?

(Probably will be something about Hunter Biden or Hillary Clinton).

Trump 2024 (to 10) !!
Here ya go

Reactions: iuwclurker
Here ya go

So all of the J6 House Committee public meetings occurred between the relaxed June 3 meeting at Mar-a-Lago and the seizure this week. Something's afoot at DOJ related to Trump and J6, is my guess.

It’s not gleefully, it’s with sadness at what has happened to our country. Answer questions all the time, for the record. Got one?
Well, he did ask you when you last provided any data or answered a question in good faith but you didn’t answer, soooooo…..

You don't provide a link,so I can't check your source. But the whole issue of who appointed Reinhart arose after DMB linked to a Rassmussen Reports tweet that indicated that they thought it was fishy that Reinhart recused himself from a civil case where Trump sued Hillary, and yet was willing to sign off on the warrant for the search as a criminal complaint...

When I searched I saw multiple accounts that Trump had hired Reinhardt and that's why he recused himself. Now it appears that he was actually appointed by judges, so the whole claim that he would have even been in a position to preside over the Trump lawsuit, much less need to recuse himself seems like a fabrication...He donated to both Obama and Jeb Bush's presidential campaigns and his wife was appointed by then Gov, now Senator Rick Scott...

His boss describes him as "meticulous", and at one point he worked in the ethics Department of the DOJ. I think it was just the luck of the draw that he was assigned the warrant sign off duties on Fri when the DOJ sought the warrant for the Mon raid. They obviously wanted to minimize the amount of days prior to the raid in order to maintain secrecy. And since he's requested for the DOJ to unseal the warrant by Aug 15, I'd say he found the evidence presented to him compelling enough to move forward with the raid.
Compelling example of how you & your sources are bullshit…

Reactions: 76-1
Yeah I basically conceded the point about who "appointed" him. My main point is that I don't see where there was any motivation from Reinhardt other than he felt it was a justified search. And I'm pretty convinced that there was no significance to Reinhardt being the name on the warrant, other than the fact that on Fri it was his day to work the rotating schedule for the 3 offices (including Palm Beach) which make up the district...
You have no credibility.

What do Cooler folks think of the armed man trying to break into the Cincy FBI office.

Patriot or idiot?

What do Cooler folks think of the armed man trying to break into the Cincy FBI office.

Patriot or idiot?
He posted on Trump's social media asking people to join him in his terrorism. So dumb that it ended up as suicide by cop.

Patriot or idiot?
Predictable idiot bent on suicide by cop... His first overt act was to fire a nail gun at the HQ... 🙄

Not exactly anyone's idea of the second coming of Patrick Henry...

You have nothing to fear...

I did get a kick out of MSNBC framing it as a serious attack on the FBI 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: dr.jb

Mahoney left politics in 2009, and 9 yrs later Reinhardt got "his job". How exactly does his serving as Mahoney's counsel at some point prior to 2009 explain how he got his job 9 yrs later?

What else happened in that interim between serving as Mahoney's defense counsel and 2018? Well he was a contributor to fellow Floridian Jeb Bush's 2016 campaign. And his wife was appointed to her position by then Governor, now Florida Republican (and Medicare cheat) Rick Scott.

Here is what happened... On Fri the FBI went to the Palm Beach Magistrate Court and asked the judge on duty Reinhardt to approve a warrant to search MAL. They likely explained that they would keep the raid secret (no notification to press/news crews, would co-ordinate their entry with the on site Secret Service detail, and would time their search for early that coming Mon when Trump would be out of town and thus there would not be any pics/video shots of agents included with Trump that might be characterized as resembling a perp walk. They also likely told the judge that they would dress in plainclothes and forego the traditional FBI jackets- in an effort to be as discreet about the proceedings as possible...

After today I am also fairly certain that they presented the judge with evidence that among the documents they were seeking were top secret papers related to US or another country's Nuclear capacity or both. They also likely presented evidence that indicated that the DOJ/FBI had requested those documents be returned on at least a couple of occasions ,and the FBI had concluded that Team Trump was deliberately delaying their return based on info from a whistleblower (Jerrod?) and whatever was on the surveillance tape they had subpoenaed earlier...

Based on all that, I believe any of the 3 magistrates assigned to Pal Beach would have approved the warrant just like Reinhardt did. I believe that he just happened to be the one who was on duty on this past Fri, so he was the judge that ended up signing the warrant. And unfortunately the judge who has also been the target of threats and harassment, because that is what Trump's minions do...

It only became a "significant fact" because DMB posted a tweet claiming he had recused himself from a lawsuit by Trump vs Hillary. The tweet implied some irregularity in him recusing himself in a civil matter involving Trump, and then signing a criminal warrant...DMB hinted at some nefarious corruption, and I pointed out why a judge who was going to possibly rule on a case brought by the man who hired him was different than signing a legal warrant when presented with evidence...

Turns out (as is often the case) that the tweet DMB posted and referenced was likely not even true, as magistrates don't preside over civil cases. More shoddy research from wingnut twitter...

It's likely immaterial that he was appointed in 2018 when Trump and Scott were in power in Wash and FL respectively. it could very easily have been any of the other 2 justices assigned to Palm Beach, but Fri just happened to be the day Reinhardt was scheduled to approve/issue warrants.

Reinhardt has contributed to both Dem and Pub politicians, including Bush in 2016. He handled defense duties for an-Ex Dem Congressman back in the 2008 range, but his wife was appointed by then Republican Gov, now Senator Rick Scott. Seems to be a wash...

Apparently WAPO is reporting that the fbi was looking for “nuclear documents” when they raided mar a lago.

According to a “source”. Not clear if any were recovered

Lol. Here come the leaks. It’s russiagate all over again.

Apparently WAPO is reporting that the fbi was looking for “nuclear documents” when they raided mar a lago.

According to a “source”. Not clear if any were recovered

Lol. Here come the leaks. It’s russiagate all over again.
The main question that raises is why in the flying f*ck would Trump want or need classified documents relating to nuclear weapons? It's not like he's going to put them on display in his presidential library.

The main question that raises is why in the flying f*ck would Trump want or need classified documents relating to nuclear weapons? It's not like he's going to put them on display in his presidential library.
For that matter, why would he sit on them for a year and a half? Just leave them in a room instead of, you know, getting rid of the evidence?

For that matter, why would he sit on them for a year and a half? Just leave them in a room instead of, you know, getting rid of the evidence?
Let's be real, there is a better than middling chance that Trump has no earthly clue what documents he brought back to Florida from the White House, and his only desire to keep them derives from a sense of entitlement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT