ADVERTISEMENT

Anti-MAGA Conservative roundtable

If DeSantis waits and Trump runs and wins in 2024, the window may have closed for DeSantis. We could get a third term of Trump if the fast food doesn't kill him first (who says the 22nd Amendment can't be repealed - - is a constitutional convention called by two-thirds of the state legislatures such a stretch anymore?). Or maybe the installation of the first female president, lovely Ivanka. And then Jr. And then Barron may be old enough. 😜
I think Biden has demonstrated to a not insignificant number of people he's just too damn old. Trump would be the same age if he runs in 2024. On top of all of the other minuses age is yet another one.

Leftists view of Trump is so binary. Either a MAGAbot or a Never Trumper. What about Republicans like myself who wouldn’t vote for Trump in a primary, but likely would in a general? It’s not like Trump got an absolute majority in the 2016 primary.
Well I would assume a guy like Taylor voted for Trump initially, since Trump hired him for a fairly noteworthy position...

Based on what he said in the longer interview I posted, it sounds like up until last week he considered himself a Republican and would likely vote against trump in a GOP primary. But again he's a counter terrorism guy, and his analysis of Buffalo led him to announce he's leaving the Party completely. Doesn't mean he considers himself a Dem, just an Independent who no longer sees a place in the current GOP.

So how does that differ from your assessment, since you voted against Trump originally, but for all intents and purposes you seem to be allied and would likely vote for GOP candidates in 2022 and 2024? What do you think he sees differently about Buffalo than you do, vis a vis the GOP? I know why you and I likely disagree, but why do you think you feel differently than he does?

A political news channel covers the most powerful GOP political figure who will likely be the GOP presidential nominee in 2024? The hell you say!
I think it was Walsh who pointed out that every single GOP Primary winner has sworn fealty to Trump, despite the fact that Trump may have endorsed their opponent instead.

And the former head of the RNC has a guest fill in role for one of MSNBC's regular hosts and chooses to bring on fellow Republicans like himself who feel adrift within the confines of the current pro-Trump party. I don't see why some are complaining about that type of discussion in the midst of a Primary season...

We’re going to disagree. I think Trump is a simple thinking buffoon amongst a peer set of overthinking bureaucrats and somehow it works. Mostly I think because the peers are so flummoxed by his buffoonery that they don’t know if it’s a game because he can’t possibly be this big of a jackass - except he is.
What is obvious is Trump's abrasive personality clouds a lot of peoples minds. If Trump is a buffoon I can't imagine what Biden is. As I said in another post I don't get all of you people wanting Mr Rogers to be President and be your best buddy and neighbor and hang his cardigan in your closet. I could care less about his personality vs getting things done and the comparisons between him and Biden are laughable. Joes staff bragging about the biggest economic turnaround like Biden actually had jack shit to do with it. The pandemic slowed/became manageable and people went back to work and business reopened.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
I think it was Walsh who pointed out that every single GOP Primary winner has sworn fealty to Trump, despite the fact that Trump may have endorsed their opponent instead.

And the former head of the RNC has a guest fill in role for one of MSNBC's regular hosts and chooses to bring on fellow Republicans like himself who feel adrift within the confines of the current pro-Trump party. I don't see why some are complaining about that type of discussion in the midst of a Primary season...
C'mon, guy. You're not allowed to talk about Trump unless you like him. Otherwise, you're obsessed with him. Or, even worse, suffering from TDS!

- He is not the president.
- He WILL absolutely be running in 2024 and he will win the GOP nomination. Only thing that would stop him is a large sum of money from else where that also allows him to be in the limelight 24/7.
- I do sleep great at night. This is true for me personally.

So 2 out of 3 for me. Maybe 1 for3 with others. In baseball that's a HOF batting average.
I’ll take the field. I know Democrats enjoy obsessing over him, but he’s not that popular in terms of Presidents. He was the first President in 28 years not to get re-elected. He lost the House, Senate, and popular vote (both times). And he just got beat by a 78 year old Joe Biden with limited mental capabilities. To be fair, Republicans are good at f#cking things up, so you have chance.

Calling Trump 'a resident of Florida' is a little like calling Michael Jordan a resident of Chicago in 1994.

Yeah, he wasn't playing for the Bulls then, but he still had a lot of influence because he was still by far the Bulls best chance at winning another title and he could come back whenever he wanted.
Yeah, that was a dumb one.

I’ll take the field. I know Democrats enjoy obsessing over him, but he’s not that popular in terms of Presidents. He was the first President in 28 years not to get re-elected. He lost the House, Senate, and popular vote (both times). And he just got beat by a 78 year old Joe Biden with limited mental capabilities. To be fair, Republicans are good at f#cking things up, so you have chance.
Agreed. His record is that of losing. Desantis would destroy him in a debate

Reactions: snarlcakes
Leftists view of Trump is so binary. Either a MAGAbot or a Never Trumper. What about Republicans like myself who wouldn’t vote for Trump in a primary, but likely would in a general? It’s not like Trump got an absolute majority in the 2016 primary.

Maybe because a lot of people don't see how Trump would be preferable in any election (general or primary). Sorry, but the left doesn't have any near as bad/scary/nutso as Trump and that is before even getting into policy.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Yes, he's a resident of Florida.

The post overall is a level of dumb I don't see from you.
"A politically biased news channel covers a resident of Florida who is unlikely to ever run for president again because it's viewers are obsessed with same and it serves as a distraction from the ineptitude of their own administration."

I stand by every word. Look up MSNBC. No sane person disputes its bias nor their preoccupation with Trump and distractions.

As for Trump I genuinely think he will only run if it's a better than 50/50 shot that he wins: hence a far lefty. Any moderate the Dems put out would destroy Trump. Last election you Dems put out a cadaver and beat him. Imagine a decent candidate. Dems do the smart thing and Trump won't run. He won't want to suffer defeat again. As it stands he can claim he was cheated. Fool me once.... He'll hang onto that.

Regardless of stupid tweets and some brain cramps Trump is obviously a lot smarter than the leftys give him credit for. I would guess he is smarter than everyone of the ones that post here with no doubt. Even smart people do dumb things occasionally On the obverse I think Biden is even dumber than he appears at least in his current stage and he wasn't too bright to begin with. If he didn't get into politics and live off taxpayers he wouldn't amount to much.

lol... trump is so smart that he thought we won the revolutionary war by taking over airports, that injecting disinfectant was a possible option against covid, and that you could protect yourself from hurricanes by nuking them...which those hurricanes were weaponized and being sent by the chinese.

A real Einstein :)

lol... trump is so smart that he thought we won the revolutionary war by taking over airports, that injecting disinfectant was a possible option against covid, and that you could protect yourself from hurricanes by nuking them...which those hurricanes were weaponized and being sent by the chinese.

A real Einstein :)
Well at least he knew he was President and not a senator . If I were a Biden ass licker like you, the last thing I would bring up are Trump's gaffs.

Maybe because a lot of people don't see how Trump would be preferable in any election (general or primary). Sorry, but the left doesn't have any near as bad/scary/nutso as Trump and that is before even getting into policy.
Grover lol
Your admin is setting records: murders; inflation; gas. From foreign policy to covid to culture wars to the doa agenda they've bungled everything there is to bungle. Worrying about Trump is all that's left. It's game over for this admin. Time to Make America Florida

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
We’re going to disagree. I think Trump is a simple thinking buffoon amongst a peer set of overthinking bureaucrats and somehow it works. Mostly I think because the peers are so flummoxed by his buffoonery that they don’t know if it’s a game because he can’t possibly be this big of a jackass - except he is.
I don't think he is a buffoon per se. I think he is an egomaniac and that allowed him to get caught up in something akin to the umpire scene from the Naked Gun. Each time he got more over the top and people ate it up, it fed his ego and he tried to top that.

Personally, I think that quite a bit of the GOP establishment pushback against him is more rooted in not wanting to be associated with the deplorables than it is anything else. You had people completely flip and start arguing the opposite of everything they used to argue and say, "well because Trump..." Ok, well if Trump said he liked chocolate cake, that shouldn't fundamentally change your views on chocolate cake. What it was really about, IMO, is that Ttump gets support from the one group in this country that all the other groups are not really fans of and there is the added bonus that you can say whatever the heck you want about them and not get a blowback because of their akin color. Poor whites. All the epithets that get thrown at the MAGA types are the same things you have always seen thrown at poor whites. "The people we think are ignorant and we don't want to be associated with are part of that party so we want out...I mean, the party was still operating as it had been operating since at least GWB but..."

As to the guy that went to IU, a Chinese guy just shot up a Taiwanese church. He was connected to the Chinese government through organizations they have set in the U.S. He wrote a manifesto about dealing with the Taiwanese issue (using China's verbiage for the issue) and not a word. Didn't fit the narrative. The Buffalo shooter said he was an authoritarian leftist and basically a radical green. He also harbored racist views so we have to change the GOP? That's just dumbassery.

"A politically biased news channel covers a resident of Florida who is unlikely to ever run for president again because it's viewers are obsessed with same and it serves as a distraction from the ineptitude of their own administration."

I stand by every word. Look up MSNBC. No sane person disputes its bias nor their preoccupation with Trump and distractions.

As for Trump I genuinely think he will only run if it's a better than 50/50 shot that he wins: hence a far lefty. Any moderate the Dems put out would destroy Trump. Last election you Dems put out a cadavand beat him. Imagine a decent candidate. Dems do the smart thing and Trump won't run. He won't want to suffer defeat again. As it stands he can claim he was cheated. Fool me once.... He'll hang onto that.
Google "Fox News Trump endorses" and narrow your settings to the past week and you'll get 13 links to stories on foxnews.com

Google "MSNBC Trump endorses" and you get half as many links.

I don't think he is a buffoon per se. I think he is an egomaniac and that allowed him to get caught up in something akin to the umpire scene from the Naked Gun. Each time he got more over the top and people ate it up, it fed his ego and he tried to top that.

Personally, I think that quite a bit of the GOP establishment pushback against him is more rooted in not wanting to be associated with the deplorables than it is anything else. You had people completely flip and start arguing the opposite of everything they used to argue and say, "well because Trump..." Ok, well if Trump said he liked chocolate cake, that shouldn't fundamentally change your views on chocolate cake. What it was really about, IMO, is that Ttump gets support from the one group in this country that all the other groups are not really fans of and there is the added bonus that you can say whatever the heck you want about them and not get a blowback because of their akin color. Poor whites. All the epithets that get thrown at the MAGA types are the same things you have always seen thrown at poor whites. "The people we think are ignorant and we don't want to be associated with are part of that party so we want out...I mean, the party was still operating as it had been operating since at least GWB but..."

As to the guy that went to IU, a Chinese guy just shot up a Taiwanese church. He was connected to the Chinese government through organizations they have set in the U.S. He wrote a manifesto about dealing with the Taiwanese issue (using China's verbiage for the issue) and not a word. Didn't fit the narrative. The Buffalo shooter said he was an authoritarian leftist and basically a radical green. He also harbored racist views so we have to change the GOP? That's just dumbassery.
Kudos on the umpire scene reference.

Google "Fox News Trump endorses" and narrow your settings to the past week and you'll get 13 links to stories on foxnews.com

Google "MSNBC Trump endorses" and you get half as many links.
That's a very specific topic. As of last year cnn and msnbc had mentioned trump more than Biden - the actual president.

Grover lol
Your admin is setting records: murders; inflation; gas. From foreign policy to covid to culture wars to the doa agenda they've bungled everything there is to bungle. Worrying about Trump is all that's left. It's game over for this admin. Time to Make America Florida
I know you don't like disagreement but I'm trying to be civil here and am asking for some reciprocity.

The issues you've identified are huge problems and obviously matter to people. And, yes, Republicans should absolutely hammer those issues in the leadup to November. But framing the democracy issue (and it is an issue) as simply "worrying about Trump" is erroneous. Call me old school, but bullshit election denying, ongoing and baseless allegations of election fraud, and election interference at the state and local level by an enormously influential political leader are incredibly irresponsible and dangerous in a representative democracy. That's a big deal that needs to be part of the discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
What is obvious is Trump's abrasive personality clouds a lot of peoples minds. If Trump is a buffoon I can't imagine what Biden is. As I said in another post I don't get all of you people wanting Mr Rogers to be President and be your best buddy and neighbor and hang his cardigan in your closet. I could care less about his personality vs getting things done and the comparisons between him and Biden are laughable. Joes staff bragging about the biggest economic turnaround like Biden actually had jack shit to do with it. The pandemic slowed/became manageable and people went back to work and business reopened.
I wasn’t talking about Biden. They’re both buffoons. Both can be true.

I know you don't like disagreement but I'm trying to be civil here and am asking for some reciprocity.

The issues you've identified are huge problems and obviously matter to people. And, yes, Republicans should absolutely hammer those issues in the leadup to November. But framing the democracy issue (and it is an issue) as simply "worrying about Trump" is erroneous. Call me old school, but bullshit election denying, ongoing and baseless allegations of election fraud, and election interference at the state and local level by an enormously influential political leader are incredibly irresponsible and dangerous in a representative democracy. That's a big deal that needs to be part of the discussion.
If he runs I will agree with you. Today he is a resident of Fla

Not taking Intel briefings, not listening to brilliant people like McMaster (because he couldn’t handle smarter people than he), his nepotistic approach to governing, I could go on and on - are all hallmarks of a buffoon.

Not taking Intel briefings, not listening to brilliant people like McMaster (because he couldn’t handle smarter people than he), his nepotistic approach to governing, I could go on and on - are all hallmarks of a buffoon.
Yet somehow he was sure as hell doing a lot better job than Biden is . I am not some big supporter of Trump the man if we had a better choice. If Joe took an intel briefing he likely sleeps though it. Point is, currently Biden is President and people like you are still focusing on Trump all day.

Yet somehow he was sure as hell doing a lot better job than Biden is . I am not some big supporter of Trump the man if we had a better choice. If Joe took an intel briefing he likely sleeps though it. Point is, currently Biden is President and people like you are still focusing on Trump all day.
I don’t understand why you’re bringing Biden into it. I’m talking about trump. You’re making a comparison where I am solely focused on trump.

• Haha
Reactions: Zizkov
Well I would assume a guy like Taylor voted for Trump initially, since Trump hired him for a fairly noteworthy position...

Based on what he said in the longer interview I posted, it sounds like up until last week he considered himself a Republican and would likely vote against trump in a GOP primary. But again he's a counter terrorism guy, and his analysis of Buffalo led him to announce he's leaving the Party completely. Doesn't mean he considers himself a Dem, just an Independent who no longer sees a place in the current GOP.

So how does that differ from your assessment, since you voted against Trump originally, but for all intents and purposes you seem to be allied and would likely vote for GOP candidates in 2022 and 2024? What do you think he sees differently about Buffalo than you do, vis a vis the GOP? I know why you and I likely disagree, but why do you think you feel differently than he does?
I don’t see how what happened in Buffalo has anything to do with the GOP.

Speaking of brilliant, would you care to translate that into something that makes at least a modicum of sense? Here is a tip, commas and periods are your friend.

Speaking of brilliant, would you care to translate that into something that makes at least a modicum of sense? Here is a tip, commas and periods are your friend.

Trump is a fake.
We should all hate that kind of a person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT