ADVERTISEMENT

Are Senate Republicans heading for a repeat of 2022?

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I haven't been paying a ton of attention (yet) to the various Senate races. So I was shocked to see this report detailing how little the GOP Senate election committee has apparently failed to learn from the litany of errors they made in choosing their incredibly weak 2022 candidates. I'm actually glad they are so stubborn and tone deaf they are when it comes to nominating MAGA types, but of the 5 races discussed here, the only one I'd say they have anything close to a viable chance of flipping is (imho) MT. But even that is shaky as the fact that Sheehy the MAGA candidate challenging John Tester grew up in the burbs of St Paul (MN), despite claiming he grew up "near farmland". This past couple weeks when that lie, as well as new revelations regarding him possibly dropping a loaded weapon and shooting himself in the parking lot of Glacier Park and/ or lying to a Park Ranger came to light may end up shaking up that race...

PA is going for OZ part deux, since McCormick lives in CT. He also claims his parents were "school teachers" and he "started with nothing", even though his dad was a colleger President and the nothing he came from was what the students referred to as "the President's Mansion".I think he is already in a hole as Bob Casey is very popular and has had a consistent lead in the polls. I do think it will be interesting to see what CT spokesperson the PA Dems will get to fill the role Little Steven filled of reminding PA voters in 2022 that OZ was from Jersey...

Rogers running to replace Stabenow in MI, lives and is registered to vote in FL. He will no doubt try to paint himself as a "man of the people" even though he lives in a mansion in Cape Coral FL. And the abortion issue (and her recorded praise of the antiquated 1864 law) is going to doom wacky Kerry Lake. The WI Senate candidate who is trying to unseat Tammy Bladwin lives in CA and is involved in a bank scandal and a controversy involving trying to keep nursing home residents from voting. And in addition to those 5, Bernie Moreno is an anti-abortion zealot running to unseat Brown in Ohio where the pro-choice ballot measure just won by close to 60%.

The key is that in all of these instances the Dems have both the wherewithal and the campaign funds to make sure every voter knows about these stories. And on the other hand, the funds Pubs might use to at least try and change the narrative are going to end up in either Donald Trump's (or his legal team's) pockets...

Very likely that the Republicans underperform. I wouldn't be surprised the GOP loses the Presidency and the House by significant margins. They may win the Senate because Democrats are defending so many seats but it'll be much closer than it should be because we're running too many that have Trumpster stank on them.

Very likely that the Republicans underperform. I wouldn't be surprised the GOP loses the Presidency and the House by significant margins. They may win the Senate because Democrats are defending so many seats but it'll be much closer than it should be because we're running too many that have Trumpster stank on them.
That would be ideal, but unfortunately Democrats suck. I think the GOP will win at least 2 out of 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT