ADVERTISEMENT

Fetterman's House

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
i like the background noise of tv at work and usually leave our tv on with sports (champions league today) but if there's no sports architecture/housing shows. used to be cnn. how times have changed. any way not my style but fetterman converted an old car dealership (altho the show said furniture store) into his home in the town where he was mayor in PA. again not my style but very interesting w/ a super cool spiral staircase. he's way too left for me but an interesting unique character. genuine i think.

i like the background noise of tv at work and usually leave our tv on with sports (champions league today) but if there's no sports architecture/housing shows. used to be cnn. how times have changed. any way not my style but fetterman converted an old car dealership (altho the show said furniture store) into his home in the town where he was mayor in PA. again not my style but very interesting w/ a super cool spiral staircase. he's way too left for me but an interesting unique character. genuine i think.

I think MGT is planning to add a cement pond behind her cabin.

No posting picks of Fetterman without the stache

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

If you like architecture check out Falling Waters, Frank Lloyd Wright’s house in Pennsylvania, built for the Kaufmann family, out of Pittsburgh. We were there late last week. Cool as all get out.

How freakin bad is your ADHD that you have the TV on in the background, while posting on here, and working all at the same time??

If you like architecture check out Falling Waters, Frank Lloyd Wright’s house in Pennsylvania, built for the Kaufmann family, out of Pittsburgh. We were there late last week. Cool as all get out.
i've actually seen it. unreal. but you saw it in person? we have a small flw house here right by my ex stoker's house. it's actually small. like 1800 sq ft

Events-Title-Image-400x224.png

History-Title-Image-400x252.png

Give-Title-bar-400x354.jpg

How freakin bad is your ADHD that you have the TV on in the background, while posting on here, and working all at the same time??
it's real bad. i have a tv on the wall. my laptop going. and i'm messaging pakistan and on three group chats and posting on here all at once. and about every 20 minutes i walk over to my partners offices and at least twice a day beg one of them to walk to sbx

it's real bad. i have a tv on the wall. my laptop going. and i'm messaging pakistan and on three group chats and posting on here all at once. and about every 20 minutes i walk over to my partners offices and at least twice a day beg one of them to walk to sbx
I can relate. Jelly of the three chat groups though. I have a few but they’re old and don’t text much.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
i've actually seen it. unreal. but you saw it in person? we have a small flw house here right by my ex stoker's house. it's actually small. like 1800 sq ft

Events-Title-Image-400x224.png

History-Title-Image-400x252.png

Give-Title-bar-400x354.jpg
Did the upgrade tour, a Christmas present from our daughter. Definitely worth the time/trip. Also got to see three other houses, in Polymath, two by Wright, which were moved to the area, and one by an apprentice. A fourth is now stored in four shipping containers on the property. It is scheduled to be “reassembled” soon. Larger house than any of the other three.

Did the upgrade tour, a Christmas present from our daughter. Definitely worth the time/trip. Also got to see three other houses, in Polymath, two by Wright, which were moved to the area, and one by an apprentice. A fourth is now stored in four shipping containers on the property. It is scheduled to be “reassembled” soon. Larger house than any of the other three.
yeah that's very cool. i would love to do that tour. among my many complaints is that here in missouri we truly are far from everything. sucks

Oak Park has lots. And his original home and studio.
The Oak Park home and studio is on the list to see.

Unfortunately, you can see a lot of poorly done attempts at recreating the FLW “look.” Can see that in Cincinnati, Bloomington, Chicago and elsewhere.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
The Oak Park home and studio is on the list to see.

Unfortunately, you can see a lot of poorly done attempts at recreating the FLW “look.” Can see that in Cincinnati, Bloomington, Chicago and elsewhere.
here's the shows i really like if you like background stuff
Grand Designs
Impossible Builds
The World's Most Extraordinary Homes
Amazing Spaces

That's baller.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT