ADVERTISEMENT

another elementary school shooting

Nothing Biden does surprises me. He's just so damn dumb. Something needs to be done. Black crime is bad bad bad. . I don't know what. Calif is looking at reparations. I know that repulses republicans and all the free cheese clearly contributed to inflation, but maybe targeted, time restricted reparations with requirements might help a bit. You ever been to a hood gas station? Convenience store? Mart? Shit's crazy expensive. Life in the hood ain't cheap. There aren't Aldis in the hood
Can Rick Caruso win LA Mayor?

As Stoll said, Where did the kid in Texas get the $3000 to buy an AK15? That’s the going price of a gun like that.
Lucy haven't you been to Rural King recently? You can get an AR 15 for $600 and if you get on there mailing list they have specials pretty much daily. You should subscribe.

• Wow
Reactions: sglowrider
Let me put this in crayons for you. The issue in the US is fatherless kids, mostly fatherless black kids. If you need me to give you evidence of how fatherless upbringing is harmful to black kids, you need more help than I can provide.

I don’t care one whit about the rates of fatherless kids overseas.
Since you seem to be borderline DANC-dumb, let me explain.

The issue we were discussing is why the USA is such an outlier in terms of mass shootings and deaths, compared with other developed countries.

You then advanced the possibly quite reasonable hypothesis that the cause for the disparity is the absence of fathers in the USA.

Given your hypothesis, the next question that pops into the mind of any reasonable, thinking person (not you, apparently) is whether there is a disparity in the frequency of absent fathers in the USA relative to other developed countries.

Do you get it? Is the light bulb on?

Since you seem to be borderline DANC-dumb, let me explain.

The issue we were discussing is why the USA is such an outlier in terms of mass shootings and deaths, compared with other developed countries.

You then advanced the possibly quite reasonable hypothesis that the cause for the disparity is the absence of fathers in the USA.

Given your hypothesis, the next question that pops into the mind of any reasonable, thinking person (not you, apparently) is whether there is a disparity in the frequency of absent fathers in the USA relative to other developed countries.

Do you get it? Is the light bulb on?
I hear you.

You are needling. The issue is lack of fathers or male presence. If you think other places are same or worsein that regard be my guest and show your work. But I’m not going down a rabbit hole. .

Reactions: DANC
...be my guest and show your work. But I’m not going down a rabbit hole. .
You made a proposal and I asked for a basic fact that might well support your argument. That is hardly asking you to go down a rabbit hole.

If you insisted that I need to carry an umbrella today, I might ask you about the weather forecast. Is that a rabbit hole?

That doesn't jibe with Bailey's stats.

Who you gonna believe? The US Census or a source that touts liberation based healing?

I didn't say it did.

You need to take a Xanax and not get defensive all the time.

There was a shooting like that in Chattanooga last weekend too.

... and here I am, mumbling under my breath about some feckin' neighbour complaining about me to the condo management/security --- all because I have been feeding the pigeons nearby. Firstly, I happen to like them and more importantly, I am paying forward for all my salacious sins in this current one.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yes shithole includes many forms.....including most cities in this country where gun violence is out of control on a daily basis. Couldn't agree more. And not a fkn thing will ever be done about it in our lifetimes. So either accept it or be wise and start looking for a better place to live in this world than this sick, dying empire.
Bye, Felicia...

Reactions: Lucy01
You said 2 parent families increased. Census said it decreased.

Unless I read your post wrong.
That is not what the Census said. It said it has declined since 1968. Census is not taken every year.
I stated that 2 parent families increased in last year

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Regular night out on the town!

Basically a weekly occurrence around here.

Seriously people need to just go retro and just do fisticuffs or yell like the good ol' days. Or a dance-off.

People seem to get dissed too easily -- hyper-sensitive kids who grew up with social media?

Or its just drug-related gang warfare?

Other the end of the scale -- a few weeks ago I was out biking on a Saturday night. Along the quiet coastal road by the airport, I looked up and saw flashing blue lights. Then as I got closer -- there were 2 cop cars flashing their blue/red lights like some murder scene.
When I got there, it appeared that they were just blocking off that one lane because a branch fell onto the road/lane.
4 cops to guard/manage that one branch. And its quite a quiet road other than trucks that send stuff to the cargo terminal.
My tax money pissed away right in front of my eyes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC
That is not what the Census said. It said it has declined since 1968. Census is not taken every year.
I stated that 2 parent families increased in last year
The census said 2 parent families declined since 1968.

You posted a stat that you can't back up from some bogus organization.

I'll believe the census report.

Seriously people need to just go retro and just do fisticuffs or yell like the good ol' days. Or a dance-off.

People seem to get dissed too easily -- hyper-sensitive kids who grew up with social media?

Or its just drug-related gang warfare?

Other the end of the scale -- a few weeks ago I was out biking on a Saturday night. Along the quiet coastal road by the airport, I looked up and saw flashing blue lights. Then as I got closer -- there were 2 cop cars flashing their blue/red lights like some murder scene.
When I got there, it appeared that they were just blocking off that one lane because a branch fell onto the road/lane.
4 cops to guard/manage that one branch. And its quite a quiet road other than trucks that send stuff to the cargo terminal.
My tax money pissed away right in front of my eyes.
A dance off....... lmao. So 80s.

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
In the good ol' days we didn't have more guns than people!
Oh bullshit. People drove around with guns in their trucks all the time.

People weren't so sensitive and didn't get triggered as easily. If they did, the fought or STFU. There was social pressure not to be an asshole. That doesn't exist today.

You don't know anything about the 'good old days'.

People weren't so sensitive and didn't get triggered as easily. If they did, the fought or STFU. There was social pressure not to be an asshole. That doesn't exist today.

You have no idea - I clearly know the good OL’ days.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge

Census report is only taken every ten years, they have no idea what has happened between census.

Different kind of guns .30-30's, 22's, shotguns deadly but not combat guns. You could get army M-1 type carbines but I don't remember anyone having those in their trucks. Civilization or what poses as civilization has accepted a darker world. We used to have censorship laws that were pretty strong that have evaporated.

Different kind of guns .30-30's, 22's, shotguns deadly but not combat guns. You could get army M-1 type carbines but I don't remember anyone having those in their trucks. Civilization or what poses as civilization has accepted a darker world. We used to have censorship laws that were pretty strong that have evaporated.
.30-30s are pretty damn deadly rifles.

Typical of you - can't disprove the data so attack the messenger!
I gave you the stats from an official government source, Cletus.

You gave me some stat from a 'liberation healing' site.

You can't prove anything you posted about 2 parent households increasing last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT