ADVERTISEMENT

another elementary school shooting

I wonder what security conditions existed in this school? Since Sandyhook happened elementary schools in Bloomington are essentially locked down with only teachers and students allowed past the main entrance. If I need to take my kid to the doctor I need to check in at the main office, through a secure window, by showing ID and then wait for them to bring him to me. I would assume it’s this way in most communities now.

I can’t confirm this with 100 percent accuracy.

3a5bdc68435aada9.jpeg

I wonder what security conditions existed in this school? Since Sandyhook happened elementary schools in Bloomington are essentially locked down with only teachers and students allowed past the main entrance. If I need to take my kid to the doctor I need to check in at the main office, through a secure window, by showing ID and then wait for them to bring him to me. I would assume it’s this way in most communities now.
I would think most are this way. We live in a very small town. Less than 1000. And our kids school is the same way. have to be buzzed in the front entrance then buzzed into the school.

At my kids' schools you couldn't get through the outside door without being buzzed in. I'm sure there are ways for a motivated individual to circumvent such things though.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I’ve seen reports that he was being chased by LE for killing his grandmother and he just happened to crash near the school. According to that report, he wasn’t actually a student there.

As always, it’s hard to know what to believe right off the bat.

I’ve seen reports that he was being chased by LE for killing his grandmother and he just happened to crash near the school. According to that report, he wasn’t actually a student there.

As always, it’s hard to know what to believe right off the bat.
So he just started killing random kids? WTF.

What do you think we should do about guns?
Something. Anything. Just f---ing try. Anything. Its really god damned obvious that what were are doing now is not working.

Reopen all mental institutions. All felons, those on terrorists watch, and mental patients lose access to guns. If they want them back they can join the military and pass a psyche exam.

I don't know. Something. I do know asking stupid baiting rhetorical questions and then doing jack shit isn't working.

More than nothing.
I don’t know. I like your idea of hitting manufacturers to start with.
Well, we have not done nothing. Many of the regulations the Democrats have supported have been enacted. The problem is that most of those regulations are simply pushing paper with no effect.

Well, we have not done nothing. Many of the regulations the Democrats have supported have been enacted. The problem is that most of those regulations are simply pushing paper with no effect.
What new gun laws have been enacted federally in the last two decades?

Reactions: UncleMark
Nope. And if you craft it right the gun buyback or turn in program would be massive. Subsidize it with fed dollars. I don’t care anymore.
Lift immunity. Make them uninsurable. Subsidize a buyback with amnesty.

I wonder how many of these mass shooters 1) buy guns legally and 2) have no priors/paper and 3) have no mental health history

The reports I’ve read says he was armed with a handgun and possibly a rifle and walked in the school and started shooting. Nothing about getting through security. Right now the best defense is locking down our elementary schools to at the very least slow them down.
Agreed. Metal detectors too. Shame.

Ours are locked down and we’re small town America. Details are sketchy but it sounds like he barricaded himself in a classroom. 14 kids and a teacher sounds about like a normal sized classroom.

wonder how many of these mass shooters 1) buy guns legally and 2) have no priors/paper and 3) have no mental health history
I bet most of the true crazies like this guy and Lanza are purchasing the guns legally.

No more immunity makes the safety issue the manufacturers problem and they are (of course IANAL) probably much less likely to run afoul of constitutional problems.

This will somehow turn into a Rep/Dem thing but the fact is both parties have had super majorities in the last 3 administrations and tbere hasn’t been any real change. They don’t care about gun violence, no matter what they might say in public. Like I said a week or 2 ago, it’s just part of our culture at this point. Gangs, inner city, malls, schools, etc…

The reports I’ve read says he was armed with a handgun and possibly a rifle and walked in the school and started shooting. Nothing about getting through security. Right now the best defense is locking down our elementary schools to at the very least slow them down.
Deep thoughts.

Such a sad state of fvcking affairs. We need to figure out how to disable these lunatics before they do such unspeakable acts. Where are the parents? The Lanza kids parents should have been charged with manslaughter.

this kid’s just the same. Start holding parents accountable for their offspring that commits unspeakable acts

Such a sad state of fvcking affairs. We need to figure out how to disable these lunatics before they do such unspeakable acts. Where are the parents? The Lanza kids parents should have been charged with manslaughter.

this kid’s just the same. Start holding parents accountable for their offspring that commits unspeakable acts
And charge people for negligently storing and keeping firearms. You can own gun but you also have to take care of it.

Yes. Keep guns OUT of the hands of the sickos.
Sorry.

It makes no sense to allow manufacture and sale of far more guns than necessary to satisfy the Second Amendment and then claim the solution is just to "Keep guns OUT of the hands of the sickos," in some mysterious manner that is never explained or described.

That's like saying everybody has a right to piss in the drinking water, unless too many people (never defined) piss in the drinking water.

There are far too many guns and the gunlovers never tell us what they are going to do to prevent mass shootings of little kids with the guns and shootings the gunlovers always claim are absolutely protected by the Second Amendment.

So, please tell us ORG: what do you propose to prevent such shootings of little kids? (Hint: No one but a gunlover gives a shit that the shooter may be successfully prosecuted after killing 14 little kids.)

Reactions: proper golfer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT