ADVERTISEMENT

another elementary school shooting

there is stupid, brain dead level stupid, and just f'd up beyond belief brain dead level stupid.

these belong in the latter category.
I only said it’s amazing it happened while NRA convention is in Texas a few days later.

If someone helped finance his purchase they should fry.

Btw and off subject, you think we will get the Epstein client list or anyone on it will be prosecuted?

Thought who was smart enough? I am confused.
According to you and Democrats, Trump was a mastermind at collusion with the Russians and attempting to destroy democracy.

So he was smart enough to do all that but not smart enough to set up a backchannel with a Russian bank?

Make up your mind.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Wasn’t he bragging about shooting up a school? Why would anyone help a kid purchase guns who was bragging about shooting up a school?
Mark likes to play dumb. At least I hope he's playing.

According to you and Democrats, Trump was a mastermind at collusion with the Russians and attempting to destroy democracy.

So he was smart enough to do all that but not smart enough to set up a backchannel with a Russian bank?

Make up your mind.
He isn't smart enough to do any of those things.

I’ve never seen a conspiracy theory germinate in real time. So exciting.

Like seeing the source of the Mississippi River or finding El Dorado.

Neat.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Guns don't kill people though.

It's the bullets.

You tax the bullets then people wont have an excuse of claiming its for defending their home.

At $100 a pop it would still be worth shooting off 2-3 bullets to defend your loved ones. It may cause some marital issues in some cases by questioning if some are worth $100 or 200. But they will be rare.

But for mass shooters, they will need a lay-away plan if they want to shoot off like that fecker in Vegas right?

Ultimately something has to be done -- America just looks fractured or broken but generally just plain dumb. Nobody in the world has this issue.
The problem will nlot be solved until we TREAT THE CAUSE and not the symptoms or means. Our sick society needs to be made more heallthy.

Reactions: stollcpa and DANC
The problem will nlot be solved until we TREAT THE CAUSE and not the symptoms or means. Our sick society needs to be made more heallthy.
Why is our society sick and not others in the world? What do you suggest we do to treat it?

Reactions: Bill4411
This is usually where stoll gets off the train. I notice he has responded to other posts, but not yours.
I noticed that too. I was actually looking forward to actual conversation without all the flames back-and-forth.

I still think gun control and mental health services have to be used together.

- No gun purchases until 21
- Assault style weapons at 25
- Store and use certain types of weapons at the gun range only.

Maybe "only" 6 or 7 kids die that day....

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Why is our society sick and not others in the world? What do you suggest we do to treat it?
Lack of meaningful father presence. That is the common denominator of these mass shooters and the black kids shooting other black kids on urban streets.

All boys are getting screwed in k-12, but poor and minority boys are screwed the most. They become adults, but are not fully functioning males.

What do we do to treat it? Maybe segregated elementary schools for boys and girls. Oh, and stop all this gender fluidity horseshit mostly championed by females.

I asked my gun shop owner friend what he would do if an 18 year-old came in for an AR 15 and a bunch of ammo. He said “I won’t even show them one if they act too stupid”. But he did say, if they pass the background check he could sell it no questions asked.

He also tells kids that they could get a free AR. He them hands them a card for the military recruiter down the street. He keeps a stack of those cards.

I asked my gun shop owner friend what he would do if an 18 year-old came in for an AR 15 and a bunch of ammo. He said “I won’t even show them one if they act too stupid”. But he did say, if they pass the background check he could sell it no questions asked.

He also tells kids that they could get a free AR. He them hands them a card for the military recruiter down the street. He keeps a stack of those cards.
So, you do like platitudes.

Reactions: Bill4411
Sick society meaning the culture of guns and the propensity to use guns as the natural way to deal with difficulties?
Maybe you can go back one step further? Why is the society 'sick'? From my prospective, not sick but more like extremely unhappy, frustrated, fearful or angry. Constantly.

Last edited:
Sick society meaning the culture of guns and the propensity to use guns as the natural way to deal with difficulties?
Maybe you can go back one step further? Why is the society 'sick'? From my prospective, not sick but more like extremely unhappy or angry. Constantly.
Whatever you call it, you can point directly at many Americans - especially young men - leading lives with no purpose. No God. Absentee parents. Tolerating urban violence. Rampant, and accepted, drug usage. Government 'safety net' if you don't want to work. Promotion of 'gender fluidity'. Accusations of racism when there have never been more opportunities than there are today for minorities. A lenient court system.

Pick any one. Put them all together and you've got what we've got today.

Whatever you call it, you can point directly at many Americans - especially young men - leading lives with no purpose. No God. Absentee parents. Tolerating urban violence. Rampant, and accepted, drug usage. Government 'safety net' if you don't want to work. Promotion of 'gender fluidity'. Accusations of racism when there have never been more opportunities than there are today for minorities. A lenient court system.

Pick any one. Put them all together and you've got what we've got today.
Sorry... was about to respond in bed with my phone but decided to get off from being horizontal and from my notebook instead, and less horizontally.

The issues you mentioned -- are societal changes that are happening all around the world -- only at different degrees or pace. Whether the western world is getting less religious or addressing gender ambiguity etc.

IMO. Drug use, increase alcohol consumption etc are manifestations of the core issues -- ie. how people deal with their shit. So some drink -- and some will go postal.

That's the only thing that's different from the rest of the world -- mass shootings.

Directly or indirectly related -- The US has more guns/assault weapons per capita than anyone else in the world.

Nobody seems to be even close in terms of the frequency of mass shootings. Weekly instead of a range of never (like here) to once (like as common as plane crashes) and they did something about it.

My point is that the US approaches the changes (or cultural shifts) that you mentioned above or deals with the frustrations/anger very differently -- as compared with the rest of the world.

There's a cultural issue -- how folks deal with it on a micro-level ie individually or politically -- antagonistically both domestic and political as well as internationally. The constant battling and hyper-competition.

It may have worked in the past to get the best out of things from sales to innovations to geo-politics. It's like on a constant war footing at school, at work and in global politics.

But maybe it's trickling down to the individual and now this is how it manifests itself? Or maybe its the price you pay since its different sides of the same coin.

Then you add the easy availability of military-grade weapons to people of all races... as they say, bob's your uncle.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
I noticed that too. I was actually looking forward to actual conversation without all the flames back-and-forth.

I still think gun control and mental health services have to be used together.

- No gun purchases until 21
- Assault style weapons at 25
- Store and use certain types of weapons at the gun range only.

Maybe "only" 6 or 7 kids die that day....
Everything you just posted sounds fine to me.

I am not saying there’s a conspiracy. It is odd that it happened at the time it did by kid who found a lot of money to buy the weapons and ammunition. There are crazies on both sides of the second amendment that would do anything for their cause.

Three dead and 11 injured in mass shooting in Philadelphia

Several gunmen reportedly shot into a crowd of hundreds of people in a busy downtown area

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Minor skirmish in the scheme of things.
So Fing scary. Just shooting into a crowd of hundreds. Country is going down the shitter. We need to run these psycho progressives out of every local city and get tough on crime. Just fill the streets with cops. Everywhere you look is a cop. Empty the druggies and throw away the key on these thugs.

Then attack the NRA from every angle. Get some gun legislation that makes sense. Absurd. Any asshole taking NRA money vote against. Vote me out. Enough is enough.

So Fing scary. Just shooting into a crowd of hundreds. Country is going down the shitter. We need to run these psycho progressives out of every local city and get tough on crime. Just fill the streets with cops. Everywhere you look is a cop. Empty the druggies and throw away the key on these thugs.

Then attack the NRA from every angle. Get some gun legislation that makes sense. Absurd. Any asshole taking NRA money vote against. Vote me out. Enough is enough.
As Stoll said, Where did the kid in Texas get the $3000 to buy an AK15? That’s the going price of a gun like that.

People just seem to think the only way to respond to an altercation or disagreement is to shoot each other.

What happened to the old fashion fisticuffs? Or just yelling at each other?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT