ADVERTISEMENT

A question for board liberals and Biden voters

If the 2024 Candidates were Biden vs Haley who would you vote for?

• Biden

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Haley

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • 3rd party/leave blank

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
My little PA is MAYBE 30. Very petite and cute. I love it when she lectures me on a healthy lifestyle. i just smile and nod.

Like, babe if you only knew.

Mine is a young, small, cute Asian gal in her first job after residency. I let her know from the beginning of our first session that I was familiar in general how primary care medicine worked due to my mom and how I knew she wasn't a miracle worker and that all she was doing was playing the odds and making recommendations based on the current state of the art. I even compared it to the process I used when I was doing computer repairs -- information gathering (symptoms, time frames, etc), observation (confirming symptoms, seeing for yourself what's going on), hypothesis and testing, firm diagnosis, and repair.

First time she sprang some jargon on me (I knew what she meant) I threw it back at her in layman's terms. She grinned and nodded her head. We've gotten along fine ever since.

Reactions: DANC
If Haley denounced Trump and said he was a geriatric misogynistic dictator who tried to overthrow the election, I would strongly consider voting for her, yes.

But so far she has said she would back Trump if he were to win the nomination, so that is an absolute deal breaker.

Biden represents American democracy. A vote for him is a vote to continue a peaceful and prosperous democratic Republic. He is way too old, but it really doesn't matter if Trump actually avoids jail and is in a position to be elected again. I don't see how any cognizant American would cast a vote in November for Trump.
'democratic Republic'.

SMH.....

Textbook example of the disastrous failure of public education...

I don’t follow. Desantis has a good record. He just has no personality. Biden is an abject failure. And a dickhead. We’re at the store. We see the prices. $4.99 sbx bottles now $9.39 and he has the temerity to come out with bidenomics. Joke
I don't normally go to SBX but I'm traveling so I stopped. Small coffee and coffee cake for $10. Is very good, but that's ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
It’s great!

Backyard rink set up, water freezing quick. Two days off for my son Monday and Tuesday, so hours and hours of use! Putting the light up today and tomorrow, though is going to be painful.
We just dropped my minion off. Daughter went straight to her room and fell asleep. All day and night with that boy yesterday inside was like doing an iron man

Awful I’ll add insult to injury. The Texan played at Dayton
Funny Face Reaction GIF by TikTok

Backyard rink set up, water freezing quick. Two days off for my son Monday and Tuesday, so hours and hours of use! Putting the light up today and tomorrow, though is going to be painful.

School closed for cold?

Seriously, when I was a kid in the 60s and early 70s they never closed schools for cold. They might delay an hour or two for snow, but that was it. And this was in a rural school district with buses running on country roads that weren't plowed in any kind of prompt fashion.

I’ll add insult to injury. The Texan played at Dayton
I’m not really a bread or sweets person. I usually go some sort of egg route for breakfast. There is a little cafe just south of Keystone at the crossing (Indy north side) that has great pancakes. They have cheesecake pancakes that are unreal. Supposedly they put an entire slice of cheesecake in the pancake batter. Serve it with a strawberry butter. It’s the bomb. Super healthy.

School closed for cold?

Seriously, when I was a kid in the 60s and early 70s they never closed schools for cold. They might delay an hour or two for snow, but that was it. And this was in a rural school district with buses running on country roads that weren't plowed in any kind of prompt fashion.
Nope, MLK day + teacher something or other.

At my kid’s school, after Christmas break, it’s rare for them to go to school every day in a week. Always some holiday, teacher “service” day , etc. Crazy.

Nope, MLK day + teacher something or other.

At my kid’s school, after Christmas break, it’s rare for them to go to school every day in a week. Always some holiday, teacher “service” day , etc. Crazy.

Gotchya. Forgot about MLK Day.

I remember "Teachers Institute" got us two days off some time during the year. Believe it was a Thursday and Friday. I don't think many of the teachers did any actual "instituting."

We all know it is your most beloved holiday
I’m not on the school board, or it would be a holiday.😉. MLK was an important part of our history and his actions should be celebrated, but I think he would be disheartened at the state of race relations & black culture today. I think he’d also be disappointed how far we’ve fallen from every man being judged by his actions, not the color of his skin. Or maybe he would be more like you & imply that anyone that uses actual data or is critical of those things is a racist, worsening relations & failing to address the root causes. I live in a small community with a lot of Hispanics, but few blacks, but I can read & process data, I’m surprised as an alleged scientist you’re so bad at it.

• Love
I’m not on the school board, or it would be a holiday.😉. MLK was an important part of our history and his actions should be celebrated, but I think he would be disheartened at the state of race relations & black culture today. I think he’d also be disappointed how far we’ve fallen from every man being judged by his actions, not the color of his skin. Or maybe he would be more like you & imply that anyone that uses actual data or is critical of those things is a racist, worsening relations & failing to address the root causes. I live in a small community with a lot of Hispanics, but few blacks, but I can read & process data, I’m surprised as an alleged scientist you’re so bad at it.
'alleged' being the key word

Anyone who allows ideology to overrule data, as OS did during Covid, cannot legitimately call himself a 'scientist', no matter his education level, which is also suspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT