Basketball….men and women

Jacy Sheldon or Cotie McMahon
MAkira Cook
Tall skinny black girl....Sara?
Braun...got hurt
Dee Dee Haggemann - in the portal
Didn't have one LOL Maybe Abby Ellis or JEnae Terry
No clue on Rutgers
I see you are a true fan, good for you there are always those like you out there. For the record I don't mind the women's game just not a "go to" and have zero idea who the "superstar" players are out side of the IU players and Clark.

I see you are a true fan, good for you there are always those like you out there. For the record I don't mind the women's game just not a "go to" and have zero idea who the "superstar" players are out side of the IU players and Clark.
It's a better watch than the men's game, in my opinion. QUarters vs halves help with that too. Officiating sucks jus tlike in the men's game.

It's a better watch than the men's game, in my opinion. QUarters vs halves help with that too. Officiating sucks jus tlike in the men's game.
I do find the quarters intriguing. I think the men should adopt that as well.

The few women's games I have watched do seem more technically sound, but its hard to beat a well played men's game who have 10 great athletes on the floor and is well coached.

I sure hope IU keeps Moren, she is becoming a hot commodity.

Last edited:

The few women's games I have watched do seem more technically sound, but its hard to beat a well played men's game who have 10 great athletes on the floor and is well coached.

I sure how IU keeps Moren, she is becoming a hot commodity.
I think IU is where Teri wants to be. I hope.

It might be a better watch than our men’s game, that’s fair. But these tourney games on the men’s side are in a different atmosphere than the women’s. The speed of the game and athleticism on display is not remotely comparable.

I don’t “need dunks” but the alley-oop threat that is ever present in men’s games is an important differentiator and makes for a better game. In the NBA, they make 50% more 3’s per game than WNBA. It’s just better. I’m sorry.

I do not know how anyone can think the women’s game is boring now. Every team has great players left, Caitlin, Angel, JuJu and S C center ( can’t spell her name). This game pace is crazy right now.
I don't watch much women's basketball but what I've watched was not boring at all. In some ways I think it's more the way basketball should be played that men's basketball. While it is physical to a certain extent it's not just a muscle game.

Reactions: UncleMark
It might be a better watch than our men’s game, that’s fair. But these tourney games on the men’s side are in a different atmosphere than the women’s. The speed of the game and athleticism on display is not remotely comparable.

I don’t “need dunks” but the alley-oop threat that is ever present in men’s games is an important differentiator and makes for a better game. In the NBA, they make 50% more 3’s per game than WNBA. It’s just better. I’m sorry.
With that logic, there's no reason to watch Men's NCAA basketball because the NBA just does it all better.

And there's no reason to watch high school games, because college games are just much more athletic.

With that logic, there's no reason to watch Men's NCAA basketball because the NBA just does it all better.

And there's no reason to watch high school games, because college games are just much more athletic.
Pretty sophomoric interpretation of what I said.

I’m using NBA and WNBA as a proxy for college men’s vs women because they’re more easily accessible stats. I’d expect P5 stats to be the same across men’s and women’s college.

I sure how IU keeps Moren, she is becoming a hot commodity.
Absolutely on the quarters. Makes coaches actually have to coach a couple more end of situations.

I don't watch much women's basketball but what I've watched was not boring at all. In some ways I think it's more the way basketball should be played that men's basketball. While it is physical to a certain extent it's not just a muscle game.
I don't watch much either, but from what I have seen the good teams really stress fundamentals such as cutting, ball movement, shot fakes, picks that are not just the on-ball pick-n-roll that dominates so much today, floor spacing.

It's, well, more patterned, if anything. Even some elements of motion offense. Growing up in the RMK era, that seems appealing.

But the other difference is that the talent in the women's game is limited to the top 20 or so. South Carolina plays what is supposed to be a good UNC team and beats them by 40. Then again, South Carolina seems to beat everyone but IU by 40.

I expect them to roll tonight and even Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: NPT
Lengthen the shot clock and the men’s game becomes infinitely better than it is now.

That was clearly a foul. Debate whether you call it but it was absolutely a foul. And IMHO you call it. A foul is a foul.
It was a great acting job by Gabbi too. I think you could call a foul like that a dozen times during a game. On Caitlin as she pushes off to get a shot, for example. I think it was getting late in the shot clock and UConn likely wasn’t even going to get a good shot off, but I sure would have liked to see it.

It was a great acting job by Gabbi too. I think you could call a foul like that a dozen times during a game. On Caitlin as she pushes off to get a shot, for example. I think it was getting late in the shot clock and UConn likely wasn’t even going to get a good shot off, but I sure would have liked to see it.

I like what Bueckers said, basically one play doesn't decide a game and that she made a lot of mistakes.

After sleeping on it, it was a foul. One that gave no advantage and didn’t need to be called.
Ref doesn’t know that in the moment though. And it was pretty egregious. I’ve heard everybody yell about “let the players decide the game” but how is allowing a blatantly illegal screen give an opportunity for the Iowa defender to “decide the game?”

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Ref doesn’t know that in the moment though. And it was pretty egregious. I’ve heard everybody yell about “let the players decide the game” but how is allowing a blatantly illegal screen give an opportunity for the Iowa defender to “decide the game?”
I get that. But man that’s a tough call at that time.

I get that. But man that’s a tough call at that time.
Shooter ran wide of the screen causing her to move. Classic answer to why they teach shoulder to shoulder.

Also, Michael pushed off.

Shooter ran wide of the screen causing her to move. Classic answer to why they teach shoulder to shoulder.

Also, Michael pushed off.
I just feel it’s like holding in football. It happens every play and it’s a tough call to make on a game ending drive.

I don’t disagree that it was technically a foul though.

Reactions: larsIU and zeke4ahs
I just feel it’s like holding in football. It happens every play and it’s a tough call to make on a game ending drive.

I don’t disagree that it was technically a foul though.
It was a foul, but certainly more egregious screens were missed. I don't really care if they called it or if they didn't, that was to me a 50-50 call. The ref was right, or wrong, for either call. I don't see the movement others see but her legs were too wide and elbow was outside the body.

Reactions: larsIU
They missed much more egregious calls than that. But frankly, if that call isn’t made, no one’s complaining that they missed that.

I’m normally in the same camp as you on letting the players decide it. But an off the ball screen where the player didn’t even get open from the screen…meh. That’s not good for anyone except Iowa.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT