ADVERTISEMENT

A question for board liberals and Biden voters

If the 2024 Candidates were Biden vs Haley who would you vote for?

• Biden

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Haley

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • 3rd party/leave blank

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
All I know is the scoreboard. How did the major economic data points look when they got into office and how did they look when they left? Now do the same for both Bush's and Trump.
Fortunately, Presidents don’t have unlimited power. Feel free to check those data points and include congress. For example take the stock market. It’s performed best when all 3 branches were controlled by Republicans. 2nd best? Split government. The worst? All 3 branches were controlled by Democrats.

To be fair it’s small sample sizes, but generally increasing the size of government isn’t good for the economy.

Desantis is a fake joke. Not even a real joke.

Real squirrels have more authentic officual photographs than this:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-07-at-03.29.13.png

Real squirrels do this (at least in commercials):

He does have a good head of hair.

You should just take to posting Trump Truths.

"The stock market is only high because people, and institutions, believe & expect me to win the presidential election of 2024." He's high. And MAGA continues to buy this bullshit.

The 3.3 trillion passed by Trump were bipartisan bills. He couldn’t have stopped than even if he vetoed them. Biden’s was passed by just Democrats. One is not the other.
Yes, Trump was so opposed to the multi-trillion dollar stimulus that he made sure his name appeared on the checks that were mailed to recipients.

What about the PPP program he rolled out in April 2020? Great idea in theory, and it helped many businesses that were legitimately in need but, with little accountability and oversight, it facilitated the greatest fraud in American history. $200 billion stolen and blown on Lamborghinis, Bentleys and Ferraris, beach houses, private jet travel and Cartier jewelry. Windfall profits for countless companies. There was no infrastructure in place to properly manage a program of this magnitude, and nobody in the Trump administration cared. The Biden administration imposed new verification rules that helped curb the fraud but, by that time, the horse was already out of the barn. What a disgrace.

Yes, Trump was so opposed to the multi-trillion dollar stimulus that he made sure his name appeared on the checks that were mailed to recipients.

What about the PPP program he rolled out in April 2020? Great idea in theory, and it helped many businesses that were legitimately in need but, with little accountability and oversight, it facilitated the greatest fraud in American history. $200 billion stolen and blown on Lamborghinis, Bentleys and Ferraris, beach houses, private jet travel and Cartier jewelry. Windfall profits for countless companies. There was no infrastructure in place to properly manage a program of this magnitude, and nobody in the Trump administration cared. The Biden administration imposed new verification rules that helped curb the fraud but, by that time, the horse was already out of the barn. What a disgrace.
I never stated Trump was against it. The point is both parties voted for the early bills and are responsible for the consequences. It doesn’t surprise me that the money was wasted, because governments are wasteful.

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Joe Biden is who you should be thoroughly done with. We all should. And if Haley is the solution fine. Maybe she will be the bridge to someone better
Haley was born in South Carolina, grew up in South Carolina and was elected governor of South Carolina. She is not an immigrant.

There is no way that she does not know that slavery was the cause of the Civil War. For her to answer as she did was intellectually dishonest if not an outright lie.

Obviously you didn’t. Where did anyone say it was?
Just because you say it's a right doesn't mean it is a right. Other than the rights guaranteed in the constitution there aren't any unless congress or courts make something a right and as you know those can be taken away.

A recession that never happened, unemployment at 3.7, monthly GDPs +4, crime tanking, inflation tanking, rates getting cut, oil prices going down.

I'm good with Biden's handlers.
Lol. That's like saying Archie Miller did a good coaching job winning 4 games in a row after going 1-12 the previous 13.

Biden took a recovering economy and tanked it with excessive spending. The fed cleaned up his mess, and now that things get a little better for a few months, you want to give Biden the credit? SMH.

Just because you say it's a right doesn't mean it is a right. Other than the rights guaranteed in the constitution there aren't any unless congress or courts make something a right and as you know those can be taken away.
I can't believe COH hasn't slapped you down. Wonder why that is?

I can't believe COH hasn't slapped you down. Wonder why that is?
Well if he has an opinion I'm glad to read it if he does....just like I like to read goat's opinion or any lawyer's opinion on things like this. I may not agree with them but I'll admit that they probably know more than I do.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Sometimes, simple answers are better. More logical at least.

All I hear is excuses when the economy is good and a dem is at the helm. Or when things are bad and a Republican is in charge, just excuses. Never the other way around.
First, and just to be clear, if it's Haley/Biden, Haley gets my vote despite her ongoing fear of MAGA as evidenced by her response to the recent town hall question about what caused the Civil War. MAGA apparently doesn't want the word "slavery" uttered in any discussion of American history. It reminds me of the ServPro slogan, "Like it never even happened." Sad.

Now, back to the economy. It's pretty funny that some of the geniuses here, including the guy most prone to meltdowns, refuse to give the Biden administration any credit for the improving economy, and even make the ridiculous assertion that the economy is improving in spite of him. Love the logic - - when the economy's bad, it's all his fault. When it's improving dramatically, he gets no credit. And that's supposed to be an objective, non-partisan assessment? Lol.

Here are some items that should be part of the current administration's economic scorecard that you referenced:

• American Rescue Plan Act: The stimulus in this legislation included financial safety nets including payments of $1400, extended unemployment benefits and an expansion of the child tax credit. According to the Brookings Insitution, the collective impact of the legislation cut overall poverty by 44%. In the month that the measure was approved, American households' disposable income, after adjusting for inflation, hit a record $20 trillion according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. Several analysts have said the Act spurred a faster recovery for the US than other nations. Retailers including Walmart and Nordstrom credited the aid package with rebounding demand.
  • Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Trump promised an infrastructure deal but never delivered. The Biden administration got it done, with bipartisan support. The legislation will support an additional 600,000 new jobs by the end of 2024, and 800,000 jobs in 2025 according to Moody's. Deere and Caterpillar are two of the many companies that have been lifted by the legislation.
  • CHIPS Act: This too passed with bipartisan support. It allows the US to rely less on China's semiconductor industry. More than 460 companies have shown interest in its $53 billion in research and production subsidies. Micron Technology's $100 billion outlay for a chip factory will create 50,000 jobs in New York. Intel's $20 billion expansion in Arizona will create 3,000 new jobs.
  • Inflation Reduction Act: This law, among other things, provides for clean energy tax credits and Medicare drug price negotiation/reduction. Bank of America says the plan has spurred $132 billion of investment across more than 270 new clean energy projects. Congressional Republicans didn't support the bill but it's tough for them to criticize it. Red states like Texas (allocated $67 billion for clean energy production) and West Virginia ($400 million in awards for wind, solar and clean battery projects) have been some of the biggest beneficiaries.
  • Labor market: Americans aged 25 to 54 are working at the highest rate in 20 years. Unemployments remains near historic lows.

I agree and acknowledge that. My wife is much more left leaning than I am, mostly over that specific issue. I’ve long been a pro choice supporter, with reasonable gestation limits.

And I’ve stated it for years that the GOP’s biggest blunder was going after abortion rights in the way it has. An all or nothing approach is not a long term solution and only alienates those that could otherwise consider voting more conservatively. The Dems have tried to hand the GOP a majority on a silver platter and the GOP refuses to take it.

yggIY1kTaeQulAJl7h.gif
Republicans could win the abortion issue by going with where most Americans are on it, including most Democrats. Americans are good with abortion early in pregnancy and favor increased restrictions in the 2nd and 3rd trimester with basically total opposition to 3rd trimester abortions with exceptions for the physical health and safety of the mother or severe issues (probable death mostly) with the baby. Republicans should simplify this and support a ban with those reasonable exceptions after 16 to 21 weeks (cut it down the middle and go with 18) nationwide, and permit abortions before that point, whatever that point ends up being. I don't think the Republicans would go for that either, to be honest, though they should. They seem to be going with a leave it up to the states concept rather than total bans, which is better than total bans, but not the best in terms of winning the majority support of Americans.

Reactions: NPT
I thought judges tended to follow precedent. Taking away a past decision usually doesn't happen from what I understand. But maybe I'm wrong.

You would think conservatives would care about precedent but I guess not if it conflicts with their fake moral code.
There have been many cases where precedents have not been followed and rightly have been overturned or rendered moot by subsequent decisions. Check out Plessy v Ferguson for one example:

Reactions: NPT
Desantis is a fake joke. Not even a real joke.

Real squirrels have more authentic officual photographs than this:

Screen-Shot-2017-05-07-at-03.29.13.png

Real squirrels do this (at least in commercials):

Dumb. I dislike several things about posts on this board. One is the implied ability to read the minds of politicians. Another is the superhuman capability to look at a person's OFFICIAL picture and make a claim that it's not "authentic" and shows a politician is a "fake joke." How does that work?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania and NPT
First, and just to be clear, if it's Haley/Biden, Haley gets my vote despite her ongoing fear of MAGA as evidenced by her response to the recent town hall question about what caused the Civil War. MAGA apparently doesn't want the word "slavery" uttered in any discussion of American history. It reminds me of the ServPro slogan, "Like it never even happened." Sad.

Now, back to the economy. It's pretty funny that some of the geniuses here, including the guy most prone to meltdowns, refuse to give the Biden administration any credit for the improving economy, and even make the ridiculous assertion that the economy is improving in spite of him. Love the logic - - when the economy's bad, it's all his fault. When it's improving dramatically, he gets no credit. And that's supposed to be an objective, non-partisan assessment? Lol.

Here are some items that should be part of the current administration's economic scorecard that you referenced:

• American Rescue Plan Act: The stimulus in this legislation included financial safety nets including payments of $1400, extended unemployment benefits and an expansion of the child tax credit. According to the Brookings Insitution, the collective impact of the legislation cut overall poverty by 44%. In the month that the measure was approved, American households' disposable income, after adjusting for inflation, hit a record $20 trillion according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. Several analysts have said the Act spurred a faster recovery for the US than other nations. Retailers including Walmart and Nordstrom credited the aid package with rebounding demand.
  • Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Trump promised an infrastructure deal but never delivered. The Biden administration got it done, with bipartisan support. The legislation will support an additional 600,000 new jobs by the end of 2024, and 800,000 jobs in 2025 according to Moody's. Deere and Caterpillar are two of the many companies that have been lifted by the legislation.
  • CHIPS Act: This too passed with bipartisan support. It allows the US to rely less on China's semiconductor industry. More than 460 companies have shown interest in its $53 billion in research and production subsidies. Micron Technology's $100 billion outlay for a chip factory will create 50,000 jobs in New York. Intel's $20 billion expansion in Arizona will create 3,000 new jobs.
  • Inflation Reduction Act: This law, among other things, provides for clean energy tax credits and Medicare drug price negotiation/reduction. Bank of America says the plan has spurred $132 billion of investment across more than 270 new clean energy projects. Congressional Republicans didn't support the bill but it's tough for them to criticize it. Red states like Texas (allocated $67 billion for clean energy production) and West Virginia ($400 million in awards for wind, solar and clean battery projects) have been some of the biggest beneficiaries.
  • Labor market: Americans aged 25 to 54 are working at the highest rate in 20 years. Unemployments remains near historic lows.
It’s amazing to me that you fail to acknowledge the inflation that the rescue act created. And that has not receded. $2.99 to $6 for string cheese. $2.99 to $6 for box of doughnuts on and on and on. This is a new reality we have to live with directly attributed to Biden. Forget home prices. Cars.

Now add draconian Dem policies on lockdowns. The deleterious unnecessary impact we still face from commercial real estate to lagging educational standards.

Things began improving AFTER manchin stopped the additional stim biden wanted, republicans at the local level said enough of the Covid insanity, and the house flipped so Biden and the progressives got shutdown.

Jobs were always coming back. And look how disproportional they are. Primarily healthcare. Harvard biz has the lowest placemat in years.

And wages haven’t come close to catching up. What about fixed incomes? Self employed?

That’s reality - of which you are so far removed

Last edited:
No, how pointless is that? You expect me to believe that Clinton (who I generally like and would probably take over anyone running today) wasn’t benefited by the work Reagan did in the 80s and all of that Silicon Valley development?

Clinton absolutely deserves credit for things, but trying to pinpoint how much was him vs mild government gridlock vs human development is impossible.

Similarly, I rag on Carter, like many. Not everything was his fault, but it’s hard to specifically say what percentage of economic issues were vs. weren’t.
Clinton ran a dishonest campaign on the economy. The recession was over and employment was recovering at an increasingly rapid pace. You would think the economy was still in a recession and the unemployment rate was dismal and worsening if you only listened to Clinton and his surrogates. The new media was complicit. They'd report the initial unemployment good, but not necessarily great, statistics gravely and then neglect to report the revised statistics were indeed very good and improving. Once Clinton was elected and in office suddenly the economy was good and getting better. Of course, it was and it was happening before the election too. This is one of the many things that led to me changing my registration from Democrat to Republican.

Last edited:
Republicans could win the abortion issue by going with where most Americans are on it, including most Democrats. Americans are good with abortion early in pregnancy and favor increased restrictions in the 2nd and 3rd trimester with basically total opposition to 3rd trimester abortions with exceptions for the physical health and safety of the mother or severe issues (probable death mostly) with the baby. Republicans should simplify this and support a ban with those reasonable exceptions after 16 to 21 weeks (cut it down the middle and go with 18) nationwide, and permit abortions before that point, whatever that point ends up being. I don't think the Republicans would go for that either, to be honest, though they should. They seem to be going with a leave it up to the states concept rather than total bans, which is better than total bans, but not the best in terms of winning the majority support of Americans.
I disagree that it would be a winning strategy for Republicans. Depending on how the question is asked somewhere around 40-45% (mostly Republicans) of the population is against abortion besides the rare cases of rape and etc.

If they implement your strategy it would basically allow almost all abortions. I think you would lose more conservatives who reliably vote for Republicans than the amount of people who you might pick up from switching to allowing all abortions. Leaving it to the states should be the universal and constant message for Republicans.

Last edited:
So true... So many people make up their minds who to vote for based on ONE issue and if a candidate happens to be on the wrong side of that issue they lose a lot of votes. It's the same as some people on here who say they used to be a Republican before Trump. I despise Trump but that doesn't make me agree with the Democrats. :)

And Biden campaigned on forging 500 billion o

I disagree that it would be a winning strategy for Republicans. Depending on how the question is asked somewhere around 40-45% (mostly Republicans) of the population is against abortion besides the rare cases of rape and etc.

If they implement your strategy it would basically allow almost all abortions. I think you would lose more conservatives who reliably vote for Republicans than the amount of people who you might pick up from switching to allowing all abortions. Leaving it to the states should be the universal and constant message for Republicans.
I have to run and don't have time to look right now, but I don't believe the polls show that high of a percentage of Republicans with that position. If we take that position, it's a total loser politically. Obviously, not in every state, but most of the country it would be.

So true... So many people make up their minds who to vote for based on ONE issue and if a candidate happens to be on the wrong side of that issue they lose a lot of votes. It's the same as some people on here who say they used to be a Republican before Trump. I despise Trump but that doesn't make me agree with the Democrats. :)
Abortion is so stupid in this day and age. It’s so easy not to get pregnant. Just the laziest of lazy people or intentional.

It’s amazing to me that you fail to acknowledge the inflation that the rescue act created.

We (Trump: $3.3 trillion, Biden: $1.9 trillion) did more stimulus than other countries which likely fueled inflation but allowed for a faster economic recovery in 2021, including the labor market's robust recovery. We've now achieved a major cooldown of inflation while avoiding a recession, with unemployment still exceptionally low.
Stop responding to my posts.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I have to run and don't have time to look right now, but I don't believe the polls show that high of a percentage of Republicans with that position. If we take that position, it's a total loser politically. Obviously, not in every state, but most of the country it would be.

This is the first information I found. Your policy would target 16% of Independents and 16% Democrats. How many of those would it sway to vote Republican?

However, it would alienate 85% of people who already vote Republicans. Making a policy position that 85% of your voting base is against is insane.

You don’t see Democrats, even though a larger portion of their voters are against most abortions (22%) than Republicans who are for most abortions (15%), advocating for a policy their voters are against.

Last edited:
It’s beyond f#cking stupid. Make plan b and birth control cheap/free and accessible.
She can get on birth control. He can put on a rubber. Then he can pull out or if it breaks run up to Walgreens and get plan b. It’s amazing to me that abortions are still an issue

Reactions: DANC
Dumb. I dislike several things about posts on this board. One is the implied ability to read the minds of politicians. Another is the superhuman capability to look at a person's OFFICIAL picture and make a claim that it's not "authentic" and shows a politician is a "fake joke." How does that work?
If you have a photo of DeSantis showing what appears to be genuine emotion of any kind, I'd love to see it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
TiredIt’s amazing to me that you fail to acknowledge the inflation that the rescue act created. And that has not receded. $2.99 to $6 for string cheese. $2.99 to $6 for box of doughnuts on and on and on. This is a new reality we have to live with directly attributed to Biden. Forget home prices. Cars.

Now add draconian Dem policies on lockdowns. The deleterious unnecessary impact we still face from commercial real estate to lagging educational standards.

Things began improving AFTER manchin stopped the additional stim biden wanted, republicans at the local level said enough of the Covid insanity, and the house flipped so Biden and the progressives got shutdown.

Jobs were always coming back. And look how disproportional they are. Primarily healthcare. Harvard biz has the lowest placemat in years.

And wages haven’t come close to catching up. What about fixed incomes? Self employed?

That’s reality - of which you are so far removed

Now you know how it feels trying to teach people about Bitcoin. It’s a thankless job and exhausting.

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
If you have a photo of DeSantis showing what appears to be genuine emotion of any kind, I'd love to see it.
You don’t have a superpower for divining genuine emotion from an official portrait.

I’ve had more than a dozen official portraits during my military and civilian careers. You couldn’t tell me what my emotions were for a single one of them.

You’re being hyper-partisan hack stupid.

Reactions: snarlcakes
She can get on birth control. He can put on a rubber. Then he can pull out or if it breaks run up to Walgreens and get plan b. It’s amazing to me that abortions are still an issue
Much like crime, abortion rates are many times higher for blacks. Likely points to education & parenting, as do most of the problems in their communities. I hope they decide to fix it it someday, white people can’t do it for them…

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
You don’t have a superpower for divining genuine emotion from an official portrait.

I’ve had more than a dozen official portraits during my military and civilian careers. You couldn’t tell me what my emotions were for a single one of them.

You’re being hyper-partisan hack stupid.
My observation wasn't limited to "official portraits." I thought that was obvious.

My post was pretty innocuous. Not sure why you felt the need to respond the way you did, but good job contributing to the increasingly shitty decorum here. Happy New Year.

My observation wasn't limited to "official portraits." I thought that was obvious.

My post was pretty innocuous. Not sure why you felt the need to respond the way you did, but good job contributing to the increasingly shitty decorum here. Happy New Year.
Certain things here have been grating on my nerves for years. Your post was an example of one. It was actually clear you we’re talking about the portrait and you confirmed it when you responded to my reply with, “If you have a photo of DeSantis showing what appears to be genuine emotion of any kind, I'd love to see it.”

You’re specifically talking about the portrait. Saying you meant something other than what your words plainly said is another irritant. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT