ADVERTISEMENT

Zero shooters

Zero shooting and guard okay is awful. Take Romeo off this roster and next year is looking worse than this year

Reactions: IUgradman
He’s a lottery pick. I feel bad for the kid. For his sake he should not have come to IU. We’re not using him well.
*Was a lottery pick. He can’t shoot, can’t defend, doesn’t compete, can’t shoot a free throw. The kid has talent, but doesn’t compete. I don’t feel bad for any kid that doesn’t want to compete. He has been exposed. He is NOT going to be a lottery pick.

*Was a lottery pick. He can’t shoot, can’t defend, doesn’t compete, can’t shoot a free throw. The kid has talent, but doesn’t compete. I don’t feel bad for any kid that doesn’t want to compete.
He will be a lottery pick and he’ll do great in the NBA. He’d be a star at Kansas, Duke, UK, etc. That’s why top kids go there and not to IU.

I especially feel bad for everyone blaming the kid. As a recruit he was going to be a “legend” and now everyone is criticizing him for not living up to THEIR expectations. It’s pathetic.

Zero shooting and guard okay is awful. Take Romeo off this roster and next year is looking worse than this year

Did you watch the game? Only time the team looked any good today was when Romeo was on the bench.

When he's out there everyone just stands around and waits for him to do something.

Romeo's not a college star. He doesn't have the fire in his belly to dominate or take over a game. Next year will be worse and Archie will be on the hot seat. Interest is waning again!

Reactions: wchew200
He will be a lottery pick and he’ll do great in the NBA. He’d be a star at Kansas, Duke, UK, etc. That’s why top kids go there and not to IU.

I especially feel bad for everyone blaming the kid. As a recruit he was going to be a “legend” and now everyone is criticizing him for not living up to THEIR expectations. It’s pathetic.
How is not being able to hit a jump shot or free throw not on him? How is playing with no effort not on him? You are just like Archie and can’t hold kids accountable. That’s why they suck and aren’t getting better.

You’re overstating that quite a bit. He would likely be overshadowed on Duke, Kansas, etc. I don’t say that as an attack on him, it’s just reality. I don’t blame him at all. I’m coming around to blaming Archie here and I think you’ll see more and more fans do the same.

They have none. Not one. Easy to defend when you don’t have to cover the 3 point line.

No shooters, no 3 point threats, free throws are atrocious, no identifiable offensive philosophy, and Archie’s vaunted defense is not impressive. I have no idea what happens in practice and the locker room, but this staff will never survive the deafening howls of mad Hoosiers if next year isn’t a dramatic improvement. He was hired with work to do, but the clock is ticking.

How is not being able to hit a jump shot or free throw not on him? How is playing with no effort not on him? You are just like Archie and can’t hold kids accountable. That’s why they suck and aren’t getting better.
He had a bad game. He’s averaging nearly 20 ppg. And you’re saying he can’t shoot or score? Stop

I have said it in multiple posts we need shooters not sure what star raking Cline was but we need atleast 2-3 on the roster so guys like Morgan can kick it out guys who can shoot McRoberts cough cough..

You’re overstating that quite a bit. He would likely be overshadowed on Duke, Kansas, etc. I don’t say that as an attack on him, it’s just reality. I don’t blame him at all. I’m coming around to blaming Archie here and I think you’ll see more and more fans do the same.
He would absolutely be overshadowed at elite schools. He scored all those points in high school because he was playing high school kids and could get to the rim whenever he wanted. He wasn’t a good shooter then either. It’s obvious He hasn’t worked on him jumpshot enough over the past several years, but is now just getting exposed. That’s on him. Sure he can be coached better, but it’s soft to not hold him accountable for anything.

Reactions: glidresquirrel

No...on those teams he would have talented players at most every position....and could just let the game come to him, rather than having to force everything due to lack of other offensive options beyond Morgan.

He would absolutely be overshadowed at elite schools. He scored all those points in high school because he was playing high school kids and could get to the rim whenever he wanted. He wasn’t a good shooter then either. It’s obvious He hasn’t worked on him jumpshot enough over the past several years, but is now just getting exposed. That’s on him. Sure he can be coached better, but it’s soft to not hold him accountable for anything.
He is averaging almost 19 a game

He had a bad game. He’s averaging nearly 20 ppg. And you’re saying he can’t shoot or score? Stop
I never said he can’t score, but he can’t shoot. He is a shooting guard shooting 23% from three and barely 70% from the line. If you can’t see that it’s because you refuse too.

Just stop.

Go celebrate the win on GBI with the rest of the haters.
What’s a matter, Love4beer? On the losing end again after all your idiotic bluster on our board? Hope you guys enjoyed the game today…just another step on your way to the IU super bowl, the NIT. If you qualify.

Heard Love4beer Sucks echoing through Mackey all day. Hope that’s not too physical for you. Sorry that chant infuriates you so. We love living in your head and driving you crazy with envy.

Last edited:
Just stop.

Go celebrate the win on GBI with the rest of the haters.
just be honest and realistic. Stop the excuses.

I never said he can’t score, but he can’t shoot. He is a shooting guard shooting 23% from three and barely 70% from the line. If you can’t see that it’s because you refuse too.
He’s a great player. No he’s not perfect. Stop with the player blaming and excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT