ADVERTISEMENT

Zero shooters

What’s a matter, Love4beer? On the losing end again after all your idiotic bluster on our board? Hope you guys enjoyed the game today…just another step on your way to the IU super bowl, the NIT. If you qualify.

Heard Love4beer Sucks echoing through Mackey all day. Hope that’s not too physical for you. Sorry that chant infuriates you so. We love living in your head and driving you crazy with envy.

Thanks for hanging on my every word. I haven't posted on GBI in 5 years.

You embittered clowns come here by the dozens and create user names to address me...and who lives in who's head?

He’s a great player. No he’s not perfect. Stop with the player blaming and excuses.
I assure you I was as high on him as anyone coming out of high school. The reality is He can score in the lane and around the basket and that’s it. Doesn’t mean I don’t like the kid, but I watch the games and this is the reality. Archie just lets him do whatever he wants and doesn’t hold him accountable for anything.

I assure you I was as high on him as anyone coming out of high school. The reality is He can score in the lane and around the basket and that’s it. Doesn’t mean I don’t like the kid, but I watch the games and this is the reality. Archie just lets him do whatever he wants and doesn’t hold him accountable for anything.

Aha! I think you just inadvertently pinned the tail on the donkey at the end there.

When you seemingly cannot or will not run an offensive system and when you cannot make threes and when you cannot shoot free throws and when your five star player looks as frightened as a JV player playing his first game, you are not going to win. I have never seen an IU team this bad on offense ever.

Reactions: BigMobe and fpeaugh
Aha! I think you just inadvertently pinned the tail on the donkey at the end there.
Actually I just hold EVERYONE accountable for their part for this team underachieving. You obviously do not which is why you didn’t understand it. Most people just point to the coach because it’s the easy default argument that requires no thinking.

When you seemingly cannot or will not run an offensive system and when you cannot make threes and when you cannot shoot free throws and when your five star player looks as frightened as a JV player playing his first game, you are not going to win. I have never seen an IU team this bad on offense ever.
Easy to defend when you don’t have to cover the 3 point line. We have guards that want to go to the basket to score, so when nobody is a threat to shoot a 3, you can clog the lane all day and the reason they can’t score. Hate to say it, but it’s not going to get better. Kids aren’t going to learn to shoot overnight. It’s just a badly constructed team.

16-16 at MD, not mentally tough.
Needs to straighten Morgan up at the line-He stands sideways.
I keep seeing that too and the cameras even focus on his feet. If I were a coach and a guy had bad form but was 75% , I'd leave him alone but he is below 60% and his feet are so screwed up! They need to point at the basket. I just shot hoops in my barn and watched good shooters and granted yes no crowd and all but watching good form and emulating it , who stands like that to shoot? He looks like he is playing Twister! Archie needs to find some tapes from IU archive way back and learn some things on offense. Regardless of good Knight vs bad and personality aside if you can't see a better flow with his offense?

I never said he can’t score, but he can’t shoot. He is a shooting guard shooting 23% from three and barely 70% from the line. If you can’t see that it’s because you refuse too.
He’s a great player. No he’s not perfect. Stop with the player blaming and excuses.
I’ll be glad to see him go to the NBA just like all the rest of the BIG. He had a bad game. It happens. Lots of injuries for IU. That hurts development.
Wasn’t that long ago Purdue fans were lamenting how bad they’d be next year if CE leaves. Now some players are starting to emerge. The same thing will probably happen at IU.
And truthfully missing all those free throws sure didn’t help your cause. This game was like the IU-PennSt game in reverse. PSU missed all those free throws and it cost them the game.
Lastly I look for Eastern to have 2 fouls early at Assembly Hall meaning Romeo will probably go off on us.

oh yeah a buyout in his second year. He has to deal with Creans guys atleast let him have a few years to get his guys.
Everyone said the same thing for Crean although all the signs were right there in front of us. It’s screaming at us. Yet people want to make the exact same mistake. It’s baffling.

Ah, so you must have skipped the Jeremiah Rivers led IU offense? Danny Moore at point guard?

The bottom has previously been reached.

Everyone said the same thing for Crean although all the signs were right there in front of us. It’s screaming at us. Yet people want to make the exact same mistake. It’s baffling.

Crean had all of one good win in three years. Not at all comparable.

Reactions: GregHaggard
*Was a lottery pick. He can’t shoot, can’t defend, doesn’t compete, can’t shoot a free throw. The kid has talent, but doesn’t compete. I don’t feel bad for any kid that doesn’t want to compete. He has been exposed. He is NOT going to be a lottery pick.

You’re overstating that quite a bit. He would likely be overshadowed on Duke, Kansas, etc. I don’t say that as an attack on him, it’s just reality. I don’t blame him at all. I’m coming around to blaming Archie here and I think you’ll see more and more fans do the same.

He would absolutely be overshadowed at elite schools. He scored all those points in high school because he was playing high school kids and could get to the rim whenever he wanted. He wasn’t a good shooter then either. It’s obvious He hasn’t worked on him jumpshot enough over the past several years, but is now just getting exposed. That’s on him. Sure he can be coached better, but it’s soft to not hold him accountable for anything.

Romeo is averaging 19 points a game. This is his first game without scoring double digits. He had a bad game. Hell be back to scoring 20 points next game.

Also, overshadowed at elite schools?
Romeo seemed to have did just fine at the 2018 Mcdonads game full of all stars. Scored19 points. (Second most only behind RJ barret)

With Hunter back, and another year experience, this team will improve next year.
Coupled with the fact that TJD is more athletic than JM, we shouldn't be losing to much.
Maybe we won't be very good next year, but the following year we should be competitive.

Romeo is averaging 19 points a game. This is his first game without scoring double digits. He had a bad game. Hell be back to scoring 20 points next game.

Romeo seemed to have did just fine at the 2018 Mcdonads game full of all stars. Scored19 points. (Second most only behind RJ barret)
To be fair he only played a half.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984

He won't score that many if he gets intimidated again at our next opponent's "arena,"

They have none. Not one. Easy to defend when you don’t have to cover the 3 point line.
I think it may be worse than that.

Yesterday, I had trouble spotting any play that even appeared remotely designed to free someone to intentionally shoot a three-point shot. And, I wasn't even drinking (then).

Now, I'm not talking about anything as exotic as the Bracey Wright dribble-dribble-dribble-gun-it-up-at-the-last-second offense or the Alford-everyone-else-drop-what-you're-doing-and-get-me-open offense. I just didn't even see anything like an inside/out-pass-to-the-"center"-so-he-can-pass-to-an-open-shooter offense.

Purdue repeatedly was able to pass to the "center" but we had much trouble doing that -- our bounce passes to the "center" were repeatedly slapped away.

Our offense seems to be based on the ability for a guard to dribble at least partly down the foul lane before passing it out for a shot. For a couple reasons, I don't think we're very good at that. I am starting to wonder if the coaching staff has initiated an offense that doesn't set up a three-point shot like we're used to seeing.

Reactions: glidresquirrel

he might not. get enough games on tape and coaches start to figure out ways to defend the new guys. we'll see. doesn't anyone pull up 7-8 footers anymore? everyone just crashes into the defenders and lets the refs sort it out

Watched Butler-St. John's yesterday. Every time the ball went to the Butler post, the first thing the post man did, if not wide open, was to look for an open man on three point line. Wonder why our posts don't do this? Maybe it is because we can't make them, but maybe we should try.

Easy to defend when you don’t have to cover the 3 point line. We have guards that want to go to the basket to score, so when nobody is a threat to shoot a 3, you can clog the lane all day and the reason they can’t score. Hate to say it, but it’s not going to get better. Kids aren’t going to learn to shoot overnight. It’s just a badly constructed team.

It hasn't been constructed yet. Miller saved 3 players from bailing, then brought in a good first class and has another good one on the way. Of the freshmen, 2 are starting, which is exceptional if you ask anyone who coaches Big Ten basketball. Then, you have 2 of Millers guys out for the season, one who isn't quite ready, and a sophomore (Durham) who has made great strides in improving his shooting from a year ago. He was a low ranked Crean recruit.

Look at it this way, how badly does Holtman want Keita Bates-Diop right now? He is doing the same thing- just had a couple stud seniors last year to carry them.

Morgan is a stud senior and has been very good, especially since he is playing Nover's 6'8" 5 spot without Alan and Cal.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that Davis needs at least 6 months with physical conditioning to really help this team.

Fitzner has not helped and that is on Miller.

If Beilfelt was playing the 3rd forward, and if Rob Johnson was a senior this team would be very good. Or if Morgan and TJD were starting together.

Lots of ifs, but there are personnel issues outside of the control of a coach. Effort, well that is another story. Need more from a number of them.

Romeo's not a college star. He doesn't have the fire in his belly to dominate or take over a game. Next year will be worse and Archie will be on the hot seat. Interest is waning again!
Disagree. Romeo is a college star, who was one of only 25 players nationally that were recently nominated for the Wooden Award.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Romeo's not a college star. He doesn't have the fire in his belly to dominate or take over a game. Next year will be worse and Archie will be on the hot seat. Interest is waning again!
Disagree. Romeo is a college star, who was one of only 25 players nationally that were recently nominated for the Wooden Award
What’s a matter, Love4beer? On the losing end again after all your idiotic bluster on our board? Hope you guys enjoyed the game today…just another step on your way to the IU super bowl, the NIT. If you qualify.

Heard Love4beer Sucks echoing through Mackey all day. Hope that’s not too physical for you. Sorry that chant infuriates you so. We love living in your head and driving you crazy with envy.
PU fans are a legend in their own mind, only.

It hasn't been constructed yet. Miller saved 3 players from bailing, then brought in a good first class and has another good one on the way. Of the freshmen, 2 are starting, which is exceptional if you ask anyone who coaches Big Ten basketball. Then, you have 2 of Millers guys out for the season, one who isn't quite ready, and a sophomore (Durham) who has made great strides in improving his shooting from a year ago. He was a low ranked Crean recruit.

Look at it this way, how badly does Holtman want Keita Bates-Diop right now? He is doing the same thing- just had a couple stud seniors last year to carry them.

Morgan is a stud senior and has been very good, especially since he is playing Nover's 6'8" 5 spot without Alan and Cal.

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that Davis needs at least 6 months with physical conditioning to really help this team.

Fitzner has not helped and that is on Miller.

If Beilfelt was playing the 3rd forward, and if Rob Johnson was a senior this team would be very good. Or if Morgan and TJD were starting together.

Lots of ifs, but there are personnel issues outside of the control of a coach. Effort, well that is another story. Need more from a number of them.
How bad would Holtmann love both Romeo and Morgan on the same team? That’s a dream scenario.

And Davis has been the same since day 1. He is what he is. A good role player who is not very athletic or agile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT