ADVERTISEMENT

Zero defense

Not sure we can win against a good team

If we don't shoot 60 to 70 percent from the field. In all fairness, it seems like Ohio st has been getting away with a lot fouls all game
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Not sure we can win against a good team

We struggle on road, especially vs a team that is better than average.

We won't.

We are what we are--warts and all. 15 out of 20 times, it's been good enough.

Let's not forget the game in Bloomington OSU had some wide open threes. And missed a lot of them (they were 3 of 21). Our defense looked better than it actually was because they didn't hit from outside.

Our defense lapses are my biggest issue with this team.

AND our defense lapses are glaring. If we'd simply learn a few basic concepts on playing defense, we would be much better.

We shot nearly 50% from the field. That generally wins games, but defensively we gave up too much.

Unfortunately, Coach will not be able to fix the defensive lapses. That is a product of how these players developed and didn't learn fundamental defense early on.

Not much you can do.

Re: Our defense lapses are my biggest issue with this team.

So basically we have to shoot s pretty high percentage to win or have a chance to win.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This is a little overboard, but when the refs aren't calling the hacks 20

feet away from the basket, IU needs to force the issue and get more aggressive. Make them call the foul!

Not at all, I'm sure half were purely on us, lazy passes and driving into

Trouble were the main culprit.

Re: Not at all, I'm sure half were purely on us, lazy passes and driving into

They played very good on the ball defense. We didn't create many easy buckets, which made us force things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT