ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Evans on Woodson, Senior Day, Neb loss - Classic

demunn

Sophomore
Mar 15, 2017
Sorry if this was posted already but it deserves its own thread. Evans' candor is awesome and love his defense of the fans and IU BB program.

Sorry if this was posted already but it deserves its own thread. Evans' candor is awesome and love his defense of the fans and IU BB program.

everyone on here should be required to listen to that, he is absolutely spot on, the shots at Leal were unnecessary. only thing I would disagree with him on.

was in a suite with him at the big 10 tournament the famous Minnesota left-handed flip shot under Dackich , while there he got a call from Calipari discussing if he had any pull to get him the IU job. he told him he would see what he could do. I said do you think they would consider him he said hell no. He said they aren't smart enough and how he loved the guy.

Interesting that he said he has conversations with Dolson. And that he tells Dolson what he thinks. And that Dolson likes getting input. Gotta think there are other players like Evans who have a similar opinion of the shit show, and may also be sharing that with Dolson. Dolson obviously can see this crap for what it is, but if Dolson is hearing it unfiltered from former players, it gives me some hope that the seat is really hot.
You can hear Evans’ extreme disappointment that Woodson is getting another year.

Interesting that he said he has conversations with Dolson. And that he tells Dolson what he thinks. And that Dolson likes getting input. Gotta think there are other players like Evans who have a similar opinion of the shit show, and may also be sharing that with Dolson. Dolson obviously can see this crap for what it is, but if Dolson is hearing it unfiltered from former players, it gives me some hope that the seat is really hot.
You can hear Evans’ extreme disappointment that Woodson is getting another year.
it almost sounded personal with wood son, when he said that he never met him really shocked me, I thought the hire was made in part to bring everyone back together.

Listen to the dude…….

He uses the word “buy” instead of “build”intentionally as much as he can.
He hates it.
How many of you do too but are so desperate that you’ve got your pants around your ankles for any attention at all?

Those of you enamored with this current reality and derogatory to us “boomers”who would rather have a foundational/Indiana based program that yearly succeeds culturally as opposed to instantly/financially are showing your a$$ more than ever before.

And signing the death warrant on an athletic program that need not be terminal.

It’s not just just coaching— it’s harder than that — it’s culture.

And yes he needs to go. But he better be replaced with more than a body and a bag of cash.
Or it’s rinse and repeat.

But I hear you…..
Gratify me! Make me happy now!

Now!!

Buy into your current need as opposed to the future and flail endlessly.

Sad.

But you go girls.

Listen to the dude…….

He hates it.
How many of you do too but are so desperate that you’ve got your pants around your ankles for any attention at all?

Those of you enamored with this current reality and derogatory to us “boomers”who would rather have a foundational/Indiana based program that yearly succeeds culturally as opposed to instantly/financially are showing your a$$ more than ever before.

And yes he needs to go. But he better be replaced with more than a body and a bag of cash.

But I hear you…..

Now!!

Sad.

But you go girls.
Get off my lawn!

Reactions: Al Bino
Listen to the dude…….

He hates it.

But I hear you…..

Now!!

Sad.

But you go girls.
I don’t disagree. The “good old days” seemed better. You watched a guy develop from year to year. For example Yogi or Olidipo.
But today is today. Woke culture, buy your college athletes, pay 10 M to fire a failed coach…….
All crazy but these are the rules and everybody has to play by them. I just wish we had a coach who gave us a chance.

Listen to the dude…….

He hates it.

But I hear you…..

Now!!

Sad.

But you go girls.
You need a hug

• Haha
Reactions: nichlee
I don’t disagree. The “good old days” seemed better. You watched a guy develop from year to year. For example Yogi or Olidipo.
But today is today. Woke culture, buy your college athletes, pay 10 M to fire a failed coach…….
All crazy but these are the rules and everybody has to play by them. I just wish we had a coach who gave us a chance.
woke culture, is UConn out waking everyone.

Listen to the dude…….

He hates it.

But I hear you…..

Now!!

Sad.

But you go girls.

Your definition of culture?

everyone on here should be required to listen to that, he is absolutely spot on, the shots at Leal were unnecessary. only thing I would disagree with him on.

was in a suite with him at the big 10 tournament the famous Minnesota left-handed flip shot under Dackich , while there he got a call from Calipari discussing if he had any pull to get him the IU job. he told him he would see what he could do. I said do you think they would consider him he said hell no. He said they aren't smart enough and how he loved the guy.
I agree he was harsh on Leal. I think Leal was trying to step up and be a leader in his mind. I think Evans feels like Leal hasn't earned that right just yet and probably thinks Leal isn't standing up for the principles of the program with the unadulterated public support for Woody.

I agree he was harsh on Leal. I think Leal was trying to step up and be a leader in his mind. I think Evans feels like Leal hasn't earned that right just yet and probably thinks Leal isn't standing up for the principles of the program with the unadulterated public support for Woody.
Evans is wrong on that woody is his coach for better or worse, kid just trying to do the right thing, when he called him a realtor. that wasn't necessary.

Woody was a great player, not a good coach. Leal is a great guy, not a good player. No offense to either of them, but they are not the coach and player that are going to make IU great and need to move on.

How can the university not come out with an official statement of support for Woodson while Woodson and his crew are actively looking at the portal? Doesn't the first have to happen first, then the second? Sounds elementary...but every player in the portal knows this program is disjointed. There needs to real closure on the retention.....or something more desirable.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
How can the university not come out with an official statement of support for Woodson while Woodson and his crew are actively looking at the portal? Doesn't the first have to happen first, then the second? Sounds elementary...but every player in the portal knows this program is disjointed. There needs to real closure on the retention.....or something more desirable.
Because this program is an absolute disgrace right now and they can’t even handle a decent PR move

Coyle had Evans and Hillman on during the season and I was surprised at how critical both were of CMW. And, he has Leary on weekly and even though he seems to accept CMW is going to be the coach, he's very critical of the offense, product on the floor and especially their shooting. Says he could fix Galloway's shooting form in 1 session. But, I've actually been surprised that any former players would be so openly critical of CMW and if Dolson is seeking it out, I'm sure he's hearing the truth and their feelings.

Coyle had Evans and Hillman on during the season and I was surprised at how critical both were of CMW. And, he has Leary on weekly and even though he seems to accept CMW is going to be the coach, he's very critical of the offense, product on the floor and especially their shooting. Says he could fix Galloway's shooting form in 1 session. But, I've actually been surprised that any former players would be so openly critical of CMW and if Dolson is seeking it out, I'm sure he's hearing the truth and their feelings.
My guess, and I mean guess...is that these guys were not enamored with the hire in the first place...so being more openly vocal and critical makes alot of sense. If they were enamored with the hire...I don't think we would be hearing from them. The hire was entirely incestuous, imo....and not based upon due diligence. again...jmo.

You are likely correct that Dolson is hearing negatives from former players.
From my personal experience, and not necessarily how IU is, but C suites look at negatives and describe it as a few disgruntled fans (regardless of the number). They wait for it to resolve. Whatever the issue is, it usually does get reduced, as fatigue sets in with the employees/fans/etc. They explain it away and minimize it so they can continue to feel they are doing a great job. Every board I have been on feels they know more and make better decisions then the people they serve.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
My guess, and I mean guess...is that these guys were not enamored with the hire in the first place...so being more openly vocal and critical makes alot of sense. If they were enamored with the hire...I don't think we would be hearing from them. The hire was entirely incestuous, imo....and not based upon due diligence. again...jmo.
If not initially, they definitely were not happy with the way Fife & Matta left the program.

Woody was a great player, not a good coach. Leal is a great guy, not a good player. No offense to either of them, but they are not the coach and player that are going to make IU great and need to move on.
What makes leal a great guy he was given a 300% raise from woodson to come back next year. No other school woould even give him half of that. When you are gettting paid way more than you are worth it not hard to act like a great guy.

What makes leal a great guy he was given a 300% raise from woodson to come back next year. No other school woould even give him half of that. When you are gettting paid way more than you are worth it not hard to act like a great guy.
Where does the 300% come from ??

Reactions: Jssanto
Lol. Went up from $1 to $3? DUrRrRrR that's 300%!

Woodson doesn't decide the NIL amounts.
I think he was making a lot more than $1. At least $50K, maybe $75K+. Now perhaps 3x that. No idea if that source is true.

It would fit the wastefulness theme at IU. All that NIL, AD budget for bball, and $ for “coach”, and IU is watching from home right now.

Brian Evans just doesn’t think that Anthony Leal very good and until he is he should keep his mouth shut. I can’t argue with that.

I think he was making a lot more than $1. At least $50K, maybe $75K+. Now perhaps 3x that. No idea if that source is true.

It would fit the wastefulness theme at IU. All that NIL, AD budget for bball, and $ for “coach”, and IU is watching from home right now.
I think the source is pretty legit. Why do you think Leal went out on senior night defending woodson and told us all to chill. Money talks.

Brian Evans just doesn’t think that Anthony Leal very good and until he is he should keep his mouth shut. I can’t argue with that.
Yeah. I don’t agree with Leal, but he’s a young person on the team so whatever it’s fine (unlike Woody’s comments/situation). Not that my opinion matters.

Brian Evans earned his senior night and has the right to speak up on this topic. I’m glad he did, this whole program needs a reality check.

it's funny, evans still sounds like evans, hadn't heard that voice since boys club, ballyhoo reference, funny. he is spot on, woodson needs to go

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
It sounds as if you have inside info.
So what was Leal making? And now it is tripled?
Did I also see that Leal is hoping to be a Bloomington realtor or is that false?

Yeah. I don’t agree with Leal, but he’s a young person on the team so whatever it’s fine (unlike Woody’s comments/situation). Not that my opinion matters.

Brian Evans earned his senior night and has the right to speak up on this topic. I’m glad he did, this whole program needs a reality check.
Agree, if the reality check needs to be the BOT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT