ADVERTISEMENT

Your predictions

Circlejoe

All-Big Ten
Sep 26, 2001
One week left...and then the level of activity in national politics will likely hit an all-time high, and that's crazy given the past two years of daily head-exploding stuff. A week from today we'll probably see the next session of Congress led by a Democratic House majority and a Republican Senate majority. That will create lots of issues for Trump and a lack of real legislation from Congress.

But even more interesting will be the anticipated large change in the White House. Sessions is likely out, but what replacement can Trump get through the confirmation process? What additional Cabinet members will leave? Will Trump be forced to testify by Mueller? Will Trump attempt to fire additional members of the Justice Department? How long will the 5,000 members of our military remain stationed at the southern border? What legislation will Congress attempt to pass before newly elected members of Congress are seated in January? And how quickly will we have our first legitimate 2020 presidential candidate announcement and who will that be?

I was thinking how great it will be to finally be past this awful mid-term election, but what lies around the corner may be even worse. At least we'll have IU basketball season to distract.

My predictions:
  • 2019 will see large tent cities along the southern border to house refugees and unaccompanied minors. This will become the focus of debate entering into the 2020 election cycle.
  • IU ties for the conference championship and makes it to at least the Sweet Sixteen.

IU football goes winless the rest of the way, finishing 4-8. Allen survives and gets another year.

IU soccer goes undefeated the rest of the way, winning BIG tourney and NCAAs for 9th star.

After 2016? I wouldn't dare attempt to cast my midterm prediction.

ALL of us (I would hope) should be on the same page when our Hoosiers take to the hardwood. I'm going to go out on a limb without first seeing how this talented group of freshmen (and Fitzner, the grad transfer from St. Marys) mesh with returnees and predict a 2nd place finish in the BIG and a Sweet 16 appearance. A friend informed me earlier today that IU just beat the daylights out of Loyola/Chicago in a scrimmage recently.

Last edited:
Well, as far as political predictions, anything in regards to specific candidates is folly. I will predict that the discourse will continue to deteriorate with both sides blaming the other, calling the other hypocrites while dressing it up in terms like dog whistle, whattaboutism and and yabbuts when ultimately they both are doing the same thing with the same intent, only the outcomes have been different...for now.

As far as the Hoosiers, I believe this is the turnabout year. I think they compete for the B1G this season, and provided they stay healthy can make a deep run in the tourney.

70-48, I believe. Archie said our defense was killer.

Yes! I just now read the write up. Loyola had 3 starters back from last year's Final Four team and are favourites to win the MVC. Very good shooting team held down. Green and Race Thompson were unavailable due to injuries. And I'm not sure if Deron Davis played. He still may not be ready to go.

Yes! I just now read the write up. Loyola had 3 starters back from last year's Final Four team and are favourites to win the MVC. Very good shooting team held down. Green and Race Thompson were unavailable due to injuries. And I'm not sure if Deron Davis played. He still may not be ready to go.

Davis played in the scrimmage....and per Archie is looking at 12-15 mins of action tomorrow night.

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan

Davis played a few 2 minutes stints ..

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT