ADVERTISEMENT

Manchin

bailey777

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2011
WASHINGTON — Senator Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, a key centrist Democrat, announced on Wednesday that he had agreed to include hundreds of billions of dollars for climate and energy programs and tax increases in a package to subsidize health care and lower the cost of prescription drugs, less than two weeks after abruptly upending hopes for such an agreement this summer.

Lol 800 billion in new spending in a recession. Its clear manchin will not run in 2024 he would get crushed. Its obvious the dems know it's their last stand before losing the house and the 2024 senate map is horrible for them. They will lose ohio, montana, and west virginia at a minimum in 2024. They will ram through what they can now. Repubs will have 55 plus seats after 2024 and the house.

WASHINGTON — Senator Joe Manchin III of West Virginia, a key centrist Democrat, announced on Wednesday that he had agreed to include hundreds of billions of dollars for climate and energy programs and tax increases in a package to subsidize health care and lower the cost of prescription drugs, less than two weeks after abruptly upending hopes for such an agreement this summer.

Lol 800 billion in new spending in a recession. Its clear manchin will not run in 2024 he would get crushed. Its obvious the dems know it's their last stand before losing the house and the 2024 senate map is horrible for them. They will lose ohio, montana, and west virginia at a minimum in 2024. They will ram through what they can now. Repubs will have 55 plus seats after 2024 and the house.

The bill actually will reduce the deficit. You need to read past the first paragraph.

Everyone seems to think we are in a recession, but the stock market seems to think otherwise.

Reactions: UncleMark
Low unemployment contraindicates a recession.
So if you have a lot of people working, but the total that they are outputting is worth less than last month, which was less then the month before and the actual individual prices of those products are 11% - 50% more then they were 12 months prior. How does all of that sum? There seems to be a whole hell of a lot of contra-indicators going on.
I have ZERO idea what all of that means, but something smells bad. Can you explain it?

Low unemployment contraindicates a recession.
A recession has a definition, you might not agree with the definition, but we’re in a recession, albeit a strange one. Enough with the morons obliging this administration trying to redefine a recession.

Employment is always a lagging indicator any way. I hope you’re right and employment doesn’t come crashing down either.

This reconciliation bill is the next step in Biden’s quest to become Jimmy Carter. Spending and tax increases on this scale is sure to cause stagflation.

Manchin has been a useful idiot until now. But he’s a moron. Once we take back congress, he is no longer needed.

Last edited:

And I wager the deficit spending and pedophilia will continue but you folks didn’t need social security and Medicare anyways 🙁 please wake up and quit fighting one another like congress wants

A recession has a definition, you might not agree with a definition, but we’re in a recession, albeit a strange one. Enough with the morons obliging this administration trying to redefine a recession.

Employment is always a lagging indicator any way. I hope you’re right and employment doesn’t come crashing down either.

This reconciliation bill is the next step in Biden’s quest to become Jimmy Carter. Spending and tax increases on this scale is sure to cause stagflation.

Manchin has been a useful idiot until now. But he’s a moron. Once we take back congress, he is no longer needed.
Maybe, but Bill4411 has a point.

A recession has a definition, you might not agree with a definition, but we’re in a recession, albeit a strange one. Enough with the morons obliging this administration trying to redefine a recession.

My question, just what leverage did they use on Manchin? From what I've seen of that bill, it makes no sense for his constituency. NOT to say that their constituency is what the lifer's are in DC for.

• Love
Reactions: NOT joe_hoopsier
The bill actually will reduce the deficit. You need to read past the first paragraph.
ROTFLMAO.

Covid relief rocketed the deficit into the stratosphere. A bill that says “keep off the grass” would reduce the deficit.

My question, just what leverage did they use on Manchin? From what I've seen of that bill, it makes no sense for his constituency. NOT to say that their constituency is what the lifer's are in DC for.

Good question. I suppose it's possible he's decided he's not going to run again and decided to do what was right. Everyone claimed he was shooting everything down on principle and politics. Maybe he's taken the politics out of the equation.

So if you have a lot of people working, but the total that they are outputting is worth less than last month, which was less then the month before and the actual individual prices of those products are 11% - 50% more then they were 12 months prior. How does all of that sum? There seems to be a whole hell of a lot of contra-indicators going on.
I have ZERO idea what all of that means, but something smells bad. Can you explain it?
I'm beginning to think this might be a sign of the every growing gap between rich and poor in this country. While there are certainly many, many people in the USA doing just fine regardless of the inflationary situation we find ourselves in, there are many more who are not. And the gap keeps getting larger. So far, the better off have kept the stock market high. No reason to sell off. Business are hiring all the time. Unemployment is low.

It's just weird.

ROTFLMAO.

Covid relief rocketed the deficit into the stratosphere. A bill that says “keep off the grass” would reduce the deficit.
I see what you did there. Your post is a parody juxtaposed with your footnote.

Personally, i have always thought Employment numbers are one off the weakest indicators. Unless it drops wildly, it doesn't move the needle for me.
I go by shipping volumes...when companies like UPS and XPO have lower volumes my ears perk up. The earnings report has shown UPS's volume as down. I know the regional mgr of XPO, and her hub is down too.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I'm beginning to think this might be a sign of the every growing gap between rich and poor in this country. While there are certainly many, many people in the USA doing just fine regardless of the inflationary situation we find ourselves in, there are many more who are not. And the gap keeps getting larger. So far, the better off have kept the stock market high. No reason to sell off. Business are hiring all the time. Unemployment is low.

It's just weird.
The manchin tax on corporations will only increase the gap. All those costs will be passed on the consumers. Alot of politicians are getting very rich off the green energy push but the average american will only become poorer.

No idea but it is clear manchin will not run in WV in 2024 after this and his seat will easily go republican. He barely won in 2018 and now he would have nothing to run on that helps his state.

It’s doesn’t matter what any paragraph says. It’s not going to reduce the deficit or inflation. More spending for the Dems. Big corps will find a way around the minimum tax.

It’s doesn’t matter what any paragraph says. It’s not going to reduce the deficit or inflation. More spending for the Dems. Big corps will find a way around the minimum tax.
Not going to argue tax loopholes with the resident CPA, but it sure seems a minimum tax threshold (15%) is going to raise revenue compared to no minimum requirement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT