ADVERTISEMENT

your board is really to fun to read

Jan 26, 2010
Here is hoping for a good game Saturday. I like to visit other fan bases the week before a game to get some insight on our opponents. I really have to say that I enjoy reading your posts and the back and forth between your board members. It seems like a fun board to be a part of. Your short passing game has me concerned. I'm hoping for a good game Saturday with no injuries on either side. Hopefully not as good as this past week though. I am still recovering from the stress of that one, LOL.

Here is hoping for a good game Saturday. I like to visit other fan bases the week before a game to get some insight on our opponents. I really have to say that I enjoy reading your posts and the back and forth between your board members. It seems like a fun board to be a part of. Your short passing game has me concerned. I'm hoping for a good game Saturday with no injuries on either side. Hopefully not as good as this past week though. I am still recovering from the stress of that one, LOL.
I also like the IU free board. Good work.

It is a fun board with lots of different opinions. I was away for a year when we had the split and followed some of the writers to another site. When you leave these boards you begin to appreciate what is here. I don't think people realize how good it actually is....

It will have to be the short passing scheme as downfield is not a strength and our high potential RB needs a much stronger Oline to be effective against good defenses.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Hey, Pitt fan here! Just checking in to see if anyone has seen any of those crazy Lion fans lately?

It will have to be the short passing scheme as downfield is not a strength and our high potential RB needs a much stronger Oline to be effective against good defenses.
That reminds me of something I thought about during the game Saturday. We have a big strong QB and have rarely connected on long passes in Lagow's 1+ years. Teams can crowd the line of scrimmage and play us like OSU did in the second half.

Lagow isn't the only reason for it. We need a line to allow protection and time to find the receivers and throw the ball downfield. We need receivers to create space. Timian is crafty enough to be one of those receivers. It isn't always raw speed that gets a receiver open. We ultimately need accuracy and vision from Lagow that we haven't seen. My opinion is Lagow is so worried about throwing picks that he puts the ball in the safest location that often nobody can catch. We see it on short and long passes and a reason why his completion percentage is well below 60%.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
That reminds me of something I thought about during the game Saturday. We have a big strong QB and have rarely connected on long passes in Lagow's 1+ years. Teams can crowd the line of scrimmage and play us like OSU did in the second half.

Lagow isn't the only reason for it. We need a line to allow protection and time to find the receivers and throw the ball downfield. We need receivers to create space. Timian is crafty enough to be one of those receivers. It isn't always raw speed that gets a receiver open. We ultimately need accuracy and vision from Lagow that we haven't seen. My opinion is Lagow is so worried about throwing picks that he puts the ball in the safest location that often nobody can catch. We see it on short and long passes and a reason why his completion percentage is well below 60%.

The issues for downfield passing are two IMO. 1. The Oline is not supporting a pocket. 2. RL locks in on one receiver which makes defense easier and picks more frequent.

He had Cobbs wide wide open for a walk in score over the middle in the first quarter Sat but never saw him because he was locked into one receiver and threw incomplete into tight coverage.

The issues for downfield passing are two IMO. 1. The Oline is not supporting a pocket. 2. RL locks in on one receiver which makes defense easier and picks more frequent.

He had Cobbs wide wide open for a walk in score over the middle in the first quarter Sat but never saw him because he was locked into one receiver and threw incomplete into tight coverage.
The lack of a sound running game makes play action extremely difficult. It also means IU “loses” first down, forcing more second and third and long scenarios, which greatly thins the playbook. A poor offensive line allows opponents to get pressure with four (sometimes five), allowing for max coverage. And deep drops and longer patterns are difficult to sustain when the D has time to collapse the pocket and move the quarterback off his spot. Those are the main reasons why IU has been forced to shorten the passing game.

Reactions: cshartle123

Taking the top off a defense is really important to open up some space for the run game. We have shown that we can do that with the fade game to Simmie and Hale, but we need to connect in the middle of the field so safeties and linebackers have to back off the line of scrimmage to cover the middle third. I think Westbrook was supposed to be that guy, but we can still do it with Thomas and Timian.

Prove it. Show me the link. I demand links.

Ok, ok... here's a link;) :

purdue-indiana-football-0c35741285f9de5d.jpg
:D

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT