ADVERTISEMENT

You Guys Deserve Better

Dec 26, 2003
This is coming from a UK Fan so please don't crush me. Growing up, there was no greater thrill than beating IU and the hated Bob Knight. Indiana was every bit Kentucky's equal and then some. Since then it's been Davis, Sampson, Crean etc. I know you hate us. You even beat us last year in the tournament, but year in an year out it's not the same. I'll always believe the only fans equal to UK fans are IU fans and you deserve better. College basketball is better when IU is good. Crean is just not getting it done consistently enough to deserve to be IU's coach.

This is coming from a UK Fan so please don't crush me. Growing up, there was no greater thrill than beating IU and the hated Bob Knight. Indiana was every bit Kentucky's equal and then some. Since then it's been Davis, Sampson, Crean etc. I know you hate us. You even beat us last year in the tournament, but year in an year out it's not the same. I'll always believe the only fans equal to UK fans are IU fans and you deserve better. College basketball is better when IU is good. Crean is just not getting it done consistently enough to deserve to be IU's coach.
wish we could somehow get Donovan because, if we don't, I've got a feeling he may be coaching at UK (or U of L) down the road.

I think you guys would have an excellent shot at landing him. He's a college coach and has to be looking for a way out of OKC. IU would be by far the best college job open next year. I'm not convinced that Brad Stevens would turn you down. I think that's his dream job and he knows he can affect college games way more than professional.

Reactions: brianiu
I think you guys would have an excellent shot at landing him. He's a college coach and has to be looking for a way out of OKC. IU would be by far the best college job open next year. I'm not convinced that Brad Stevens would turn you down. I think that's his dream job and he knows he can affect college games way more than professional.
Brad's got a great setup, unless he gets tired of waiting for LeBron to retire.

If OKC doesn't sign Griffin or some other big free agent this summer, I think Westbrook will likely opt out in 2018 to sign with the Lakers or Clippers--not sure how appealing being OKC's head coach will be at that point, especially if Cal gives the NBA another shot or Pitino retires.

why would they deserve better ? Take a look at the 20 years before Crean was hired. Nothing to suggest they deserve a top tier coach since the early 90's. And they were horrible for long stretches of years before Knight. Too many dead periods between those titles. What you are seeing now is closer to an average year at IU than a 25-30 win season would be.

why would they deserve better ? Take a look at the 20 years before Crean was hired. Nothing to suggest they deserve a top tier coach since the early 90's. And they were horrible for long stretches of years before Knight. Too many dead periods between those titles. What you are seeing now is closer to an average year at IU than a 25-30 win season would be.

Because we have the pedigree. Much like UK.

You brought fleas with you.

Kentucky's had droughts of 19 years(58-78), 18 years(78-96) and 14(98-2012). So it's not like mighty UK hasn't had their share of "title droughts". But then again, UK's goals have changed. Apparently draft night is UK's big to do now.

Lets put this in perspective.....UK fans have established the same apathy for IU basketball that IU fans now have. Their former hate for IU basketball, and it was respectful hate, used to be our love for IU basketball. Both are now apathetic.....got there from different directions. That is due to negligence.

I needs a top tier coach and all will be well again. Everything else is in place, the facilities, the recruiting base, the fanbase.

I don't know how long but I see Alford coming back at some point. May be 10 years or whenever but it seems like players who become coaches always want to get back to their Alma mater.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT