ADVERTISEMENT

You Are Welcome

Without IU as their rival, PU would have no identity.

You're welcome.

That is all...

Just like the Eagles have no identity without the Cowboys as their rival. Pretty close, think about time frames.

Also, please keep making fun of Purdue for blowing big leads against good teams (while still winning the game). Irony is pretty Ironic.

That is all.

Just like the Eagles have no identity without the Cowboys as their rival. Pretty close, think about time frames.

Also, please keep making fun of Purdue for blowing big leads against good teams (while still winning the game). Irony is pretty Ironic.

That is all.
IU hasn't lost a lead to a good team and won, have they??

so let me get this straight, you just lost to IU. You sit 3 games behind IU in the BIG standings and you have a worse overall season record than IU as well and you walk up into an IU board w/ a smug post about "helping IU out"? Yes thank you Boiler nation, we appreciate the help. Where would we be without you

Geez, you guys were brutal to Bruce.

We can use whatever help we can get---we haven't won a lot of Big Ten titles since 1993...This is a chance to get a 3rd, and maybe a 2nd outright.

While I think we would have beaten Maryland at home anyway, this takes some of the pressure off---which is a good thing given the historic precedence of IU teams playing tight on senior day.

Reactions: CC Mac
Hmmmm, well it seems to me that Purdue beating MARY today out you in a position to win it outright was a big help for your conference hopes. If you guys want to focus on the other crap go for it. That speaks volumes.

Thank you for losing to us. How's that?

Reactions: CC Mac
Hmmmm, well it seems to me that Purdue beating MARY today out you in a position to win it outright was a big help for your conference hopes. If you guys want to focus on the other crap go for it. That speaks volumes.[/QUOTE
So you are saying PUke won the game to help out poor ole IU and not because you play the game to win and to help you're own position in the standings?
If that was indeed the reason then thank you but don't expect us to return the favor. That is all..

that is all.
You realize that it really does not matter as we're 17-2 vs top 25 teams in the hall. Only if MD finds a way to beat us in the Hall will it help. Even then, it does not matter if we lose on Tuesday & then to MD... And Iowa wins out. Only thing that matters... Iowa on Tuesday as it will define the outcome. If it makes you feel better, feel free to think that. (Not trying to be a smart a$$, but that's the reality) if IU takes care of business at home vs MD, worse case is a share of the title.

This is a once in a lifetime team for PU.

With the exception of the biggest games they struggle selling out a smaller gym and have to discount tickets, they have a big game against a top 10 team on National TV and what is the topic of their most prominent sign?

you guessed it.

Reactions: TeeJay88
This is a once in a lifetime team for PU.

With the exception of the biggest games they struggle selling out a smaller gym and have to discount tickets, they have a big game against a top 10 team on National TV and what is the topic of their most prominent sign?

you guessed it.

Once in a lifetime? Care to explain why that's the case?

We are good but this isn't a "once in a lifetime" team. I'd say that if we had several 5 star guys but we can easily have a team this talented in the future.
Absolutely right, you could seriously upgrade both guard positions.

The teams with Hummel, the Big Dog teams, the three amigos, etc. You're kidding yourself if you think this is the best team we've had.

None of those were better although the perfect storm team should have been but even that team when healthy did not have as many weapons. Back court and coaching are your only weaknesses this year.

None of those were better although the perfect storm team should have been but even that team when healthy did not have as many weapons. Back court and coaching are your only weaknesses this year.

Those teams absolutely were better. I don't think many IU fans would agree with your idea that this is a "once in a lifetime" team for us. I'm interested to hear other opinions on the topic.

Those teams absolutely were better. I don't think many IU fans would agree with your idea that this is a "once in a lifetime" team for us. I'm interested to hear other opinions on the topic.
The 1994 team would run your current squad out of the building.

I think the best Purdue team I have seen was the Lewis, Mitchell and Stephens teams of the mid 80's but they couldn't get past the sweet 16. I would then take the big dog team of 94

I think the best Purdue team I have seen was the Lewis, Mitchell and Stephens teams of the mid 80's but they couldn't get past the sweet 16. I would then take the big dog team of 94
In 1980, in Indy, a Joe Barry Carroll team lost in the final four. That was the best team and performance in my lifetime by a PU team. Denny Crum and Louisville took the title.

In 1980, in Indy, a Joe Barry Carroll team lost in the final four. That was the best team and performance in my lifetime by a PU team. Denny Crum and Louisville took the title.
I know they went to the final four in 80 along with Iowa and UCLA with UL winning it all in Indy. I still think the over all team in the mid 80's were better and had better coach.

I know they went to the final four in 80 along with Iowa and UCLA with UL winning it all in Indy. I still think the over all team in the mid 80's were better and had better coach.

I'm unsure how that sentiment would be quantified.

I'm unsure how that sentiment would be quantified.
One in 1980 it only took 3 games to get to the final four in 80 and the regions were not asbalanced then as well. Also are you saying since a team went to te final four it is better than any team that did not go to the final four. So 2002 team is better than the 75 team or the 93 team since those teams did not go to the final four.

The teams with Hummel, the Big Dog teams, the three amigos, etc. You're kidding yourself if you think this is the best team we've had.
With all those final fours those teams played in, I can see why you feel that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT