ADVERTISEMENT

YEE OF LITTLE FAITH...BOOM!!

Seen it many times. I was a student at the time. He's lucky he said it when he did. If that remark came out today, with social media,.he would have been fired within days due to the pressure. Those kind of remarks one could get away with in the late 1980's, especially coming off a title.

If you've seen it multiple times then you've just outed yourself as a dishonest hack.

If you've seen it multiple times then you've just outed yourself as a dishonest hack.

Was Thomas Ehrlich a dishonest hack? He was our president at the time.

''Coach Knight was not speaking for the university. His reference to rape and his coarse language were in very poor taste. Period. That's all I really want to say.''

Was Thomas Ehrlich a dishonest hack? He was our president at the time.

''Coach Knight was not speaking for the university. His reference to rape and his coarse language were in very poor taste. Period. That's all I really want to say.''

You know exactly what I mean. For you to sit there and characterize what Coach said the way you have, without the context, is blatantly dishonest.

You know exactly what I mean. For you to sit there and characterize what Coach said the way you have, without the context, is blatantly dishonest.

So Thomas Ehrlich was being blatantly dishonest then, the IU president when I was there the first time around. That's what you are saying?

So Thomas Ehrlich was being blatantly dishonest then, the IU president when I was there the first time around. That's what you are saying?

Ehrlich said it was a crude comment. Nothing more, nothing less. Your dishonest spin is that it was a tacit endorsement of rape. You're a POS scumbag and I wouldn't be shocked if you were connected to the media in some form or fashion.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Fred has wanted to do this for a long time. As I've said many times, Fred made a big mistake with the extension/buyout...no question. But he's been waiting for the time to fix it for awhile now. And obviously he just did.

I haven't heard anything new on replacements. Glass really was waiting on that until he pulled the trigger on Crean. Will update more when I know it.
fpeaugh - Are the winds blowing towards the NBA or NCAA for replacements?

mark in down in a little book or journal... if we land Alford, it will be epic!! i have this feeling, the missing piece to the puzzle is Alford. remember this chat..im saying it first, IU needs Alford and Alford needs IU. watch..hello Kris Wilkes and with guys we already have, watch out!! JS!

Kris did not go to UCLA because of Alford, he went there to play with pros in the summer.

Reactions: JonesIndiana
Ehrlich said it was a crude comment. Nothing more, nothing less. Your dishonest spin is that it was a tacit endorsement of rape. You're a POS scumbag and I wouldn't be shocked if you were connected to the media in some form or fashion.

Not connected to the media, just an IU alumni (twice) with a conscience. Should we get into all the quotes that other IU officials made at the time? That makes me a POS because I and so many others found it reprehensible? I forgot, we dare not say bad things about Knight or hell's fury comes down. How did you like his comments last week wishing people dead? Sorry, I have a conscience. Are you going to say that was dishonest spin? Are you going to claim Bob Knight didn't say that last week on the radio?

Reactions: rcaulfie
I don't know if on the merits Alford would be the right hire or not, but you people hung up on the "Pierre Pierce thing" need to go whine to someone who might give a shit, like Gloria Steinhem. If Fred thinks he's right for the job, he should be hired, and to hell with the whining of some irrational, limp-wristed, virtue signalers.

If you were a Penn State fan, I bet you'd be leading the charge to have a statue of Paterno even though he protected a rapist for decades because that meant he wasn't "limp-wristed."

You're pathetic.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
If you were a Penn State fan, I bet you'd be leading the charge to have a statue of Paterno even though he protected a rapist for decades because that meant he wasn't "limp-wristed."

You're pathetic.

Right, so now you're comparing Steve, who's big mistake was that he believed a kid and tried to help him, to someone who knowingly protected a man who raped innocent children.

You're unhinged.

Half? Really? Are you being even remotely serious?

The next time you're out at a bar and you see someone wearing an IU shirt ask them what their opinion of Alford is. I can almost guarantee you the person will rave about him. The guy is a legend in Indiana.

The only reason some people don't like him is because of the Pierce situation. I'd be willing to wager 95% of casual IU fans wouldn't even know what you're talking about if you asked them about it. And 95% is being extremely conservative. Sure it's a story on message boards with fanatics, but the casual fan doesn't even know that exists.
Most fans I have talked to or saw on the message boards don't want Alford.

Reactions: mazz
mark in down in a little book or journal... if we land Alford, it will be epic!! i have this feeling, the missing piece to the puzzle is Alford. remember this chat..im saying it first, IU needs Alford and Alford needs IU. watch..hello Kris Wilkes and with guys we already have, watch out!! JS!
Wilkes won't follow him to IU because he went to UCLA for LA and not the coach. Also most fans I know don't want Alford and I sure don't.

Read the article and the author of the article, not just my words. Read the comments from Iowa, New Mexico. For years we turned a blind eye to Knight's behavior, even though it was boorish and embarrassing. If we hire Alford, we will have done it again, only this time we knew ahead of time.

Why would I stop posting? I don't care for the current President, did I move to Canada? Am I not allowed to be an American? Would the same be true if the IU coach was a complete scumbag, as many have stated? I can no longer follow the program or comment on it?

Your analogy doesn't work. If you said you were a republican and don't like the current President then it would work. I was just hoping I didn't have to read too many more of your posts. Carry on with your trolling.

I am enjoying your back and forth but I am an IU grad, season ticket holder, following since a kid and the late 60's. I loved Alford the player but not Alford the coach. One simple example I showed someone on the premium board was comparing Alford's UCLA defensive rankings with Crean's last 4 years at IU. About the same and both bad.

I am in the fan crowd that wants to see some disciplined fundamentals at both ends of the court and that was not Crean and is not Alford.

I don't have either of your sources and understand many donors would think Alford would unify but the only boxes he really checks is being from Indiana and his IU connection. There is nothing in his coaching record that would put him above any of the other top choices.

I did not see all of Dakich's tweets but I did see him call Buckner (BOT) lazy by saying it would be too much work for him to be on the search team. Is that who you were referring to Fredrica or someone else that has had all this influence on Fred?

I can tell you that I have talked to a lot of season ticket holders that don't want Alford because of his coaching and the Pierce thing is only added bad press on the selection.

Yes, Fredrica, were you referring to Buckner? I heard Dakich tearing him a new hole.

Reactions: chris007
What a dumb post.

Not dumb at all.

Look at all the Penn State fans who STILL worship Paterno.

Heck, look at all the Catholics who never left their church after the Vatican got busted for running the biggest kiddie rapist ring in the world.

The people who brush off this Pierce thing as "only the limp-wristed care" are the exact same type of people who don't care about those instances too.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Your analogy doesn't work. If you said you were a republican and don't like the current President then it would work. I was just hoping I didn't have to read too many more of your posts. Carry on with your trolling.

Where did I say I wasn't a Republican? Or a Democrat for that matter? I didn't. The analogy is fine either way.

"Dishonest spin"? And someone on here has taken major exception to that statement (as anyone with any bit of morality should), you are calling HIM a POS? Wth is wrong with you???

Right, so now you're comparing Steve, who's big mistake was that he believed a kid and tried to help him, to someone who knowingly protected a man who raped innocent children.

You're unhinged.
No, the poster is comparing a person that KNEW a kid who tried to rape an innocent woman but still not only protected him but used pressure on the victim - in the name of God, no less - to someone who knowingly protected a man who raped innocent children. Seems like a fair comparison to me.....

No, the poster is comparing a person that KNEW a kid who tried to rape an innocent woman but still not only protected him but used pressure on the victim - in the name of God, no less - to someone who knowingly protected a man who raped innocent children. Seems like a fair comparison to me.....

He KNEW Pierce raped her or tried to? Prove it...

Reactions: mazz
Fred is either a genius or a corpoarate politician. This hire will show which one is true.
It doesn't take a genius to hire an elite coach. It's more likely we find out if he's an idiot and hires Alford or not.

That still does not prove Alford knew. Did you read it?

Reading comprehension isn't your thing is it? Let me make this simple for you:

Alford was informed of the evidence during the plea bargain phase by the prosecutor.
Despite that knowledge, he publicly defended Pierce.
He was later called out for it by the prosecutor.
He was then reprimanded by the Iowa administration.
And later, he had to publicly apologize for it after being hired by UCLA.

Alford was informed of the evidence during the plea bargain phase by the prosecutor.

It's not as black and white as you're making it. Bottom line is Alford could have seen the evidence, helped Pierce get the plea deal, and still in his heart have believed Pierce was innocent without having to be corrupt. I believe Pierce was probably guilty, but I'm sure he had a "story." I didn't hear it. Steve did.

Try reading it again. Maybe third time is the charm. However, I doubt you care about facts and the truth. You would rather assume the worst of a fellow alum even though there isn't any factual information to back up your claim that he knowingly supported a rapist.

The article is a fluff piece with a few quotes thrown in by White (11 years later) who also never states Alford knew Pierce was a rapist. Not to mention that White must be a god damn creep. Why would White try to make amends with a guy (Alford) who he knows defended a rapist? Either White doesn't think Alford knew Pierce was a rapist or your star witness is scumbag.

Lastly, some more deductive reasoning for you. Your claim is Alford knew that Pierce was a rapist and still defended him. However, Iowa never fired him? New Mexico and UCLA both hired him after it. So, either all 3 institutions said they are ok with employing a person who will defend a rapist (which is insane) or they came to the conclusion that Alford handled the situation poorly (which is why he apologized at Iowa and UCLA) and truly thought Pierce was innocent.

P.S. Not a thing that you posted was taken from the article. White claims that Alford knew of evidence of an assault, not rape, which I am surprised you missed with your great reading skills. Also, we have no idea what information Alford was privy to, because we only have your star witness claims who likes to buddy up with people who defend rapist.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRehab5
I'm way too late to this party, but I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate fpeaugh on hitting this one right on the head. I don't know who you know or how you know it, but congratulations!

Since its been a few days I have to ask you, what is your crystal ball telling at this moment? Who and when? Has the situation changed any?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT