ADVERTISEMENT

X got T’d up

This season is lost. Its time to get Leal and Cupps and Gunn all the PT we have.

This season is lost. Its time to get Leal and Cupps and Gunn all the PT we have.
We are better in the three guard lineup. I’d play X, Leal, Galloway, MM and MR. Actually like the lineup with Ware out. Ware actually only averaging 10 points per game in big ten play.

We are better in the three guard lineup. I’d play X, Leal, Galloway, MM and MR. Actually like the lineup with Ware out. Ware actually only averaging 10 points per game in big ten play.
One of our 5 star flops Big Ten is eating him up and he realizes it. Take some time off to stop the slide downhill.

Is MM the best player we have, athletically too? I say we give him the ball like we gaveto jhs last year .

Admittedly I am not the biggest fan of X; still, he tossed the ball to a player who was not paying attention and the ball bounced off his chest . . . big freaking deal. He didn't throw it with force and wasn't taunting him in any way. The "T" in this case was total BS in my opinion. Still, guess it is best to coach the players to set the ball on the floor and/or simply do not touch it after it goes through the net.

It hit him in the chest because he wasn't ready. He didn't throw it hard. Nice fake story though.
Didn't surprise me it was called a T, but I really don't think he was trying to hit him in the face or anything and thought it was stupid of Hawkins to be standing out of bounds and not be ready to catch the ball.

Reactions: darmetrius and DANC
The truth hurts. Woodrow said when asked about when Ware is coming back "when HE decides to". He will sit as long as possible to keep his stock from going down any further. The Big is too big for our big. Happy to be a dumbass.
Wares current situation…my guess anyway…

He has likely solidified himself as someone NBA GMs will take a hard look at with their first pick.

How he handles the end of this season, however, can and will affect their view of him as well. I think shutting it down would be a big risk for him, right now. One of the big question marks is his motor, his drive, does he love the game, etc… Sitting out and not helping his team finish the season would have to turn some GMs off. He needs to be closing the deal with NBA GMs in terms of their views towards his motor and toughness, not reopening doubts.

He’ll play when he’s healthy. I’d bet a lot on that.

Not sure he meant to throw it off his face. But the act of tossing the ball that way puts you at risk for a T. And with his history, great risk. Yet another dumb play. Not horrifying, just dumb and unnecessary.
The ball didn’t hit him in the face. It hit him (lightly) in the chest because he didn’t see it coming.

Tossing the ball to the baseline after a make is neither dirty nor unusual.

The ball didn’t hit him in the face. It hit him (lightly) in the chest because he didn’t see it coming.

Tossing the ball to the baseline after a make is neither dirty nor unusual.
Dude. He looked right at him and tossed it to him. Thats a very common T.

Wares current situation…my guess anyway…

He has likely solidified himself as someone NBA GMs will take a hard look at with their first pick.

How he handles the end of this season, however, can and will affect their view of him as well. I think shutting it down would be a big risk for him, right now. One of the big question marks is his motor, his drive, does he love the game, etc… Sitting out and not helping his team finish the season would have to turn some GMs off. He needs to be closing the deal with NBA GMs in terms of their views towards his motor and toughness, not reopening doubts.

He’ll play when he’s healthy. I’d bet a lot on that.
In all reality I dont know who or what to believe anymore. I do know the games are getting harder and harder to watch because of many on the team have lack of motor, drive, basketball smarts and a coach that seems completely out of place. I would love to see this change, but have little to no faith it can happen.

2 shots for Illinois at beginning of the half. He’s a complete moron.
Biggest bullshit call in the history of the wide world of sports.

Refs weren't going to call anything until Illinois acted like they'd been stabbed.

But, oh Mr. Rape Suspect - feel free to charge into X and have it be a blocking call.

****ing joke.

We seem like we have never been taught to block out. This is a basic fundamental learned in Junior High School
When Reneau had position for a rebound, they went over him, scored, and then Reneau was called for a foul.

Basic fundamentals say you can't foul if you've got position.

Reactions: 13thman
I’d be all for playing Reneau and Ware a lot less at the same time moving forward. Seen enough of the lane clogging. More 4 out/1 in and Spread the floor, which at times today, looked pretty decent. Keep the ball moving. Even though IU can’t score from 3, It would open up some driving lanes at least, which is the only way X and Galloway can score.

Why is it, especially on a day when IU needed more Offense out of everyone due to Ware out, nary a play was run, a down screen set, a double screen, nothing to get MM more open looks from 3? This guy should be getting way more looks from 3 as one of the only offensive weapons this team has!! It’s no wonder decent shooters from the portal don’t want to come to IU seeing how little they’ll be utilized in this scheme. Meanwhile Gunn, someone else who can shoot, languished on the bench the full 40.

The D was more than good enough to win the game today. The FTs were just awful…again. And X? We all know about X. He giveth some life today on both ends and he taketh away with another boneheaded play and terrible FT shooting. That game was so ripe for the taking. Just needed a stop or 2 on D, and hit a couple more FTs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
in
X hasn’t gained the confidence of officals
To know otherwise
WTF does that mean? 'gain the confidence of officials'?

Why don't they just call the same game for everyone? That's their job - not to psychoanalyze the players.

Reactions: baileyiu
X has a past refs know this quit doing dumbass shit.
He does have a past, but that doesn't give refs to call fouls on him that aren't fouls on anyone else.

It wasn't dumbass shit - it was just tossing the ball after a basket - it's done all the time.

He does have a past, but that doesn't give refs to call fouls on him that aren't fouls on anyone else.

It wasn't dumbass shit - it was just tossing the ball after a basket - it's done all the time.
At the buzzer?? Come on!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT