ADVERTISEMENT

Woody's Challenge

We only have 2 freshmen and 1 plays. That one plays because the star talent ahead of him are… wait for it… Kopp and Stewart. Duncomb has TJD and Race ahead of him with Durr who is physically able to handle Big Ten bigs. So no, unless he came in better than TJD or Race as a freshman I would not expect to see him much.
Especially, when 5 players are suspended at the power house known as northwestern.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
We only have 2 freshmen and 1 plays. That one plays because the star talent ahead of him are… wait for it… Kopp and Stewart. Duncomb has TJD and Race ahead of him with Durr who is physically able to handle Big Ten bigs. So no, unless he came in better than TJD or Race as a freshman I would not expect to see him much.
what about the NWern game??

what about the NWern game??
We were not really short handed at the 4 or 5 against Northwestern. We were down 3 pgs, 2 wings and our 3rd string 5. Could Duncomb have played Durr’s 3-5 minutes at NW? Sure. But is Duncomb better than Race and TJD manning the 5? Nope. We didn’t fall apart because TJD or Race were tired. TJD, Race, and Geronimo is pretty much our normal big rotation (especially in the second half of close games). We lost because the only guards/wings to play in that game were Galloway, Leal, Kopp and Childress.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Duncomb sits during garbage time because, I guess, Woodson plays starters when the game is decided.......

I swear, the IU fanbase has gotten infinitely dumber over time.

Reactions: SoccerSammy
It seems every recruit we even sign is going to be the next great thing until they get on the court and we see them. Just in this post Banks and Gunn are really being talked up like day one ready to go guys even though both are incredibly skinny. People want I guess to think every recruit that IU signs is going to be some sort of savior. Remember the way Kopp, Steware, and X were talked up all summer long.
All Aboard!!

🤣

Yeah, I guess you're right. Duncomb sits during garbage time because, I guess, Woodson plays starters when the game is decided.......

Lol yep.

I concur. The fan base is extraordinarily stupid.

Look man everyone has different views on how to handle rosters. It’s ok if we feel differently and its ok if Woody does.

The problem about determining garbage time is that it’s subjective. Imo even down 10 with 2 minutes to go the game isn’t over. With the 3 point shot you are potentially 3 possessions away from making it a 1 pt game. Most coaches I know (who coach for a living) feel this way.

My point is this. Duncomb is clearly our 4th best 5 right now. We primarily play 2 with a 3rd getting spot minutes each game. The time and place to develop players is in practice and the off season. Many (dare I say most) true big men need a year to develop physically. Right now Duncomb is our 4th best and doesn’t deserve minutes over and of the top 3. And he has played in 7 games which was probably true garbage time.

IMO Duncomb not playing more minutes this year has very little bearing on the player he will be next year or certainly not in a few years.

It’s ok to disagree. What we can all agree on (I hope) is that we all want him to develop into a solid player for us next year.

Last edited:
Look man everyone has different views on how to handle rosters. It’s ok if we feel differently and its ok if Woody does.

The problem about determining garbage time is that it’s subjective. Imo even down 10 with 2 minutes to go the game isn’t over. With the 3 point shot you are potentially 3 possessions away from making it a 1 pt game. Most coaches I know (who coach for a living) feel this way.

My point is this. Duncomb is clearly our 4th best 5 right now. We primarily play 2 with a 3rd getting spot minutes each game. The time and place to develop players is in practice and the off season. Many (dare I say most) true big men need a year to develop physically. Right now Duncomb is our 4th best and doesn’t deserve minutes over and of the top 3. And he has played in 7 games which was probably true garbage time.

IMO Duncomb not playing more minutes this year has very little barring on the player he will be next year or certainly not in a few years.

It’s ok to disagree. What we can all agree on (I hope) is that we all want him to develop into a solid player for us next year.
What? Courtsense said you are a Purdue fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT