ADVERTISEMENT

Woody was hired at his age, Go grab Pearl

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
like i've wanted for the longest of time. Ask him for five memorable seasons of basketball and see where IU is at at that point?

Reactions: kmathum
No more geriatric coaches. Cignetti is borderline but seems to have some youthful spark or else he mainlines caffeine for 4 hours a day.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
No more geriatric coaches. Cignetti is borderline but seems to have some youthful spark or else he mainlines caffeine for 4 hours a day.
pearl is far from geriatric. Have you seen this dude on the sidelines? Mutherfuker looks and moves like hes 40. Hes two years younger than Mike----ANd shit look at dudes like RP, Roy, etc....

Pearl would light this place the **** up. Make it "cool". And when he left, dudes would be beating down the doors to coach here.

Pearl at IU would have a title in 5 years.

Pearl is 63 I didnt know he was that old. 430-212 .670 taken three different schools to the tournament been to 1 final four and 5 sweet sixteen coached Southern Indiana for nine seasons and won division lll championship. Loves Indiana wanted job when Crean and Miller got it.

Yup. The time to have hired him was after Crean was let go. (Even though it should have been when Davis was let go).

Reactions: ndhuntington
Beard appears the better option to me. But I don’t discount May by much.
I’m not sure the SEC has seen a new coach at Ole Miss ever come in and go 13-0 before finally taking a loss. Three of their wins were in the “miraculous” category. But wins, nevertheless. They have a home game vs a good Florida team tonight.
Would he leave a program that rescued him after just one season?

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
You could get a good 7 or 8 years out of pearl is my guess. But IU is way to dumb to ever make a hire like that. They would rather try and find the next flavor of the month Archie type guy.
He's more of a flavor of the month guy than Miller was, which he wasn't. May has gone to the tournament one time. He did go to the Final Four but he still only went to the tournament once. Davis went to a championship game once when I was attending IU and he wasn't the answer. May started out with four mediocre seasons and you and the other very constantly negative guys would have wanted him fired after the first.

Miller had six seasons at Dayton. After two mediocre seasons he had four good ones and four tournament appearances. One Sweet 16 and one Elite 8 (one win from Final Four). If May and Miller are both flavors of the month Miller was a better flavor. Reality was he Miller was considered a slam dunk hire and he just didn't work out at IU. May could be exactly the same.

When Woodson is gone we need an established and proven Power 5 coach to replace him.

He's more of a flavor of the month guy than Miller was, which he wasn't. May has gone to the tournament one time. He did go to the Final Four but he still only went to the tournament once. Davis went to a championship game once when I was attending IU and he wasn't the answer. May started out with four mediocre seasons and you and the other very constantly negative guys would have wanted him fired after the first.

Miller had six seasons at Dayton. After two mediocre seasons he had four good ones and four tournament appearances. One Sweet 16 and one Elite 8 (one win from Final Four). If May and Miller are both flavors of the month Miller was a better flavor. Reality was he Miller was considered a slam dunk hire and he just didn't work out at IU. May could be exactly the same.

When Woodson is gone we need an established and proven Power 5 coach to replace him.
I was talking about Pearl not May. I never said to hire May I have always advocated for getting proven winners that did it at a power 5 school.

Reactions: MrBing
Hand Jay Wright a blank check. If he hands it back, then make a run at Stevens. Keep going until you get a guy. Make a great coach say yes rather than this perpetual nonsense.
Stevens has already rejected our blank check. He's not interested. Period.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
Yep. Stevens isn't interested. And Jay Wright is 62 and retired.

It's embarrassing that people are still slobbering all over Stevens. How many times does someone have to turn down a job before fans get the message. Dude doesn't want to coach at IU (or possibly in college again). Or both.

Get over it.

• Angry
Reactions: MrBing and Willdog7
Yep. Stevens isn't interested. And Jay Wright is 62 and retired.

It's embarrassing that people are still slobbering all over Stevens. How many times does someone have to turn down a job before fans get the message. Dude doesn't want to coach at IU (or possibly in college again). Or both.

Get over it.
Yes, but is Jay Wright enjoying his retirement?
He would be a great fit at IU, IMHO.

Stevens did but did we offer a blank check to drew, pearl, beard, etc. I am guessing one of them would come for that 7 million a year.

like i've wanted for the longest of time. Ask him for five memorable seasons of basketball and see where IU is at at that point?
Never understood Pearl’s appeal as IU coach. His personality and team’s style of play just never seemed like the right fit in Bloomington. In fact, the word “clash” comes to mind.

Pearl a ",flavor the month guy"?--Or May?

As for May...he's done a great job at FAU. That program was Chicago State bad when he got there.

For me...

1. Pearl
2. Beard

After that, can go Oats, Mussleman or May. Maybe take one more swing at Bradley?

Pearl a ",flavor the month guy"?--Or May?

As for May...he's done a great job at FAU. That program was Chicago State bad when he got there.

For me...

1. Pearl
2. Beard

After that, can go Oats, Mussleman or May. Maybe take one more swing at Bradley?
We're not getting Oats or Musselman. Stop with that nonsense. Stevens is more realistic though still a pipe dream.

We're not getting Oats or Musselman. Stop with that nonsense. Stevens is more realistic though still a pipe dream.
Whoa, wait....Stevens more realistic than Oats or Mussleman? The guy who has (allegedly) turned IU down multiple times, is more of a reality, than Oats ir Muss?

Damn. Those two like those shit hole states that much?

Yes, but is Jay Wright enjoying his retirement?
He would be a great fit at IU, IMHO.
He would laugh at the culture in Bloomington, he is a great coach, but he is not a mid-western university type guy, way too cow town for him.

• Haha
Reactions: MrBing
pearl is far from geriatric. Have you seen this dude on the sidelines? Mutherfuker looks and moves like hes 40. Hes two years younger than Mike----ANd shit look at dudes like RP, Roy, etc....

Pearl would light this place the **** up. Make it "cool". And when he left, dudes would be beating down the doors to coach here.

If you're going for that age group, why not Jay Wright?

Auburn was freaking AWFUL before Pearl. For a long time as a UK fan AU was a sure-fire conference win.

Beard appears the better option to me. But I don’t discount May by much.
I’m not sure the SEC has seen a new coach at Ole Miss ever come in and go 13-0 before finally taking a loss. Three of their wins were in the “miraculous” category. But wins, nevertheless. They have a home game vs a good Florida team tonight.
Would he leave a program that rescued him after just one season?
Who is May? The Ole Miss coach? Yes he is 14-1 but a lot of those wins were ugly against mid-majors.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He would laugh at the culture in Bloomington, he is a great coach, but he is not a mid-western university type guy, way too cow town for him.
He's also old and wealthy and retired. Why would he want to get back into the grind, especially at a program that needs a cultural overhaul and roster rebuild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT