ADVERTISEMENT

Woodson

But at least we will now never have to hear again about how we have to hire an iu. They got their iu guy. But i would think given next year looks worse we have to make it this year. Problem is iowa, michigan, and rutgers are now all winning and we are losing. I think we may be in 9th now.
cue up 'Gloom, Despair, and Misery.'

Reactions: T.M.P.
People in general can't admit when they're wrong. I thought when we were still chasing Stevens that Woody was probably the worst possible hire that we could make. Just made no sense whatsoever. But it's not over yet. He can still succeed here but making the dance this season is an absolute must.

If not the majority of the fan base starts the period where they root for losses and for recruits to go elsewhere to speed up the firing process. Impossible to ever recover from that. We aren't there but we're getting close.
I also dont think they would fire an iu guy after 4 years. He is one of them so my guess is we would get probably 6 years.

should we all ignore the emotional posters who are all rah rah?
If you can find them right now. Sure.

No one is happy, but whining about it doesn't help anyone. You don't whine, just to clear that up. You talk about basketball. Others, it's almost all they do.

I don't care how someone feels. It's not about the name of the poster, it's about the name of the site.

Team is in a huge funk right now. They need to regroup.

Reactions: .Gerdis
This should still be a tourney team
Ryan Phillip's seems to think if we miss the ncaa it sets the program back even further.
Let me tell you what "further back" looks like.

Sitting here this week with:

Eight wins rather than 16
No TJD
Shooting far worse than we have
Archie Miller as a lame duck
No solid recruits coming in.
No idea what is next

This is where we would have been had Scott not pulled the trigger

THAT...is "further back"

He’s not going to change it. He wants kids/recruits to see what he runs. Archie ran with what personnel dictated. Not any better results. Woody wants tape to show. Sure it’s not exactly ideal. It will work eventually when he gets true stretch 4s. Look at race and Galloway. They still shoot it regardless if they make it. He’s got a style and he’s going to run it. Pound it until it works. This is a personnel problem.
I've heard people say that we would need like Kentucky-level recruiting to make this system work. I could see that being true, but I hope you're right.

Let me tell you what "further back" looks like.

Sitting here this week with:

Eight wins rather than 16
No TJD
Shooting far worse than we have
Archie Miller as a lame duck
No solid recruits coming in.
No idea what is next

This is where we would have been had Scott not pulled the trigger

THAT...is "further
This should be an ncaa team period

Thats what phillips said. But look at penny he has tons of talent and still cannot win.
This is a dumb take. For gods sake look up Penny. He was a highschool and AAU guy. He was never an NBA guy. Can’t even compare Woody to an equivalent. You guys try to find any negative.

If you can find them right now. Sure.

No one is happy, but whining about it doesn't help anyone. You don't whine, just to clear that up. You talk about basketball. Others, it's almost all they do.

I don't care how someone feels. It's not about the name of the poster, it's about the name of the site.

Team is in a huge funk right now. They need to regroup.
So here is a basketball question.

I would assume every coach that plays Wisconsin wants to take away Davis, and feel if they can do that they will win. What is the best way to do that (for sake or argument, the best way for IU to do it)?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
But at least we will now never have to hear again about how we have to hire an iu. They got their iu guy. But i would think given next year looks worse we have to make it this year. Problem is iowa, michigan, and rutgers are now all winning and we are losing. I think we may be in 9th now.
If it had to be an IU guy Alford was the only choice that made any sense. But Steve has that massive ego and no one bigger than the program ever again...

I would assume every coach that plays Wisconsin wants to take away Davis, and feel if they can do that they will win. What is the best way to do that (for sake or argument, the best way for IU to do it)?
lol ... hell if I know.

Hope he's off.. Deny him the ball first, gamble and send a 2nd player and see if he passes. Which would be dangerous. Put one player on him and no switching. Maybe Galloway?

He doesn't need space or many dribbles to hit shots and operates well in the mid game. That's hard to stop in any level. Hopefully were not in a situation where Davis matters.

This is a dumb take. For gods sake look up Penny. He was a highschool and AAU guy. He was never an NBA guy. Can’t even compare Woody to an equivalent. You guys try to find any negative.
Maybe look to the sky for answers in the rain.
You're free to lump me in with whoever you normally interact with on this forum. But I'm just pursuing this line of thinking. I'm not attached to anything. I just want elucidation. It is supposed to rain later though, so I'll give looking to the godless sky a try.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

I’ll bite. The swing offense can be hindered by making them put the ball on the floor. They want to screen and pass. Take them out of that first. Try funneling them into the middle. You must get defensive rebounds too. Limit their possessions. I’m not sure how to defend Davis. You put your best defender on him and don’t switch. Wisconsin gets space off switching. That’s my take. I’m sure TMP will respond.

Reactions: .Gerdis
I’ll bite. The swing offense can be hindered by making them put the ball on the floor. They want to screen and pass. Take them out of that first. Try funneling them into the middle. You must get defensive rebounds too. Limit their possessions. I’m not sure how to defend Davis. You put your best defender on him and don’t switch. Wisconsin gets space off switching. That’s my take. I’m sure TMP will respond.
Don't help on their bigs, no need. Weak side post goes for blocks, when available. Everyone else stays extended pressuring to speed them up.

If we could actually get into transition it would help.

Late game, if close, put Galloway on him and have him face guard 90' if he gets the ball make him give the ball up by doubling (if prudent). Make someone else beat you.

Or win by 20 ... so he doesn't matter.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT