ADVERTISEMENT

Will you all cheer for us in the national championship game this year?

U1qNefb.jpg

No.
I don't cheer for teams in ugly unis who can never win a championship.

Last edited:
Reactions: hometownfan
Personally, I don’t think any mascot is all that amusing. What I find amusing is when the opposing teams’ mascots get into a fight. Do take it as a hockey fan’s perspective.

Purdue in the title game, lol that's rich.
I guess saying IU in the Big Dance is rich lately too. Purdue won't be as good as last year but there is some promise. Returning good players and a good crop of freshman coming in. IU has a couple of good freshman so maybe this team will be better than last year's team was. Both lose some key players though.

I guess saying IU in the Big Dance is rich lately too. Purdue won't be as good as last year but there is some promise. Returning good players and a good crop of freshman coming in. IU has a couple of good freshman so maybe this team will be better than last year's team was. Both lose some key players though.
I didn't say that Purdue wasn't doing well I actually really like Painter. That being said, Purdue hasn't even sniffed a final 4 since 1980. So assuming a title game appearance preseason is laughable at best.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I didn't say that Purdue wasn't doing well I actually really like Painter. That being said, Purdue hasn't even sniffed a final 4 since 1980. So assuming a title game appearance preseason is laughable at best.
I’d say being a missed free-throw and five seconds away from icing a game in the regional final counts as sniffing the Final Four, so don’t overstate case

PU - Sometime's Good, But Never Great.

Creepy Pete mascot does not help Purdue's image.
That train rolling through Nashville didn't help either...AND now that I think about it the reason the purdue football team got their a$$es handed to them in the Music City Bowl was probably because the Auburn football team had to listen to that thing rolling through town blowing that whistle every hour. By game time they were frothing at the mouth ;)

If, If's and But's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Purdue accomplished nothing.
They lost, as in every other year in history.

Had did your shitty ass team look in the NIT. IU accomplished nothing Purdue had a solid run. Own the fact that your team has not been very good as of late. Not saying they haven't been in the past or won't be in the future but recently not so much

Had did your shitty ass team look in the NIT. IU accomplished nothing Purdue had a solid run. Own the fact that your team has not been very good as of late. Not saying they haven't been in the past or won't be in the future but recently not so much
Neither won.
Both failed.
Purdue has never won.
Own that.
Purdue has no winning tradition because they have never won.

I think they realize that. Congrats on finding another way to choke in the tournament. You outdid yourselves against Virginia. I don’t know if you can top that next year

Neither won.
Both failed.
Purdue has never won.
Own that.
Purdue has no winning tradition because they have never won.

I do own that fact. I just wish IU fans would stop with look had great we used to be crap they love to spout. Believe me we as Purdue fans understand the desire to win. Just because we have never won the title doesn't mean we don't have a winning tradition

I do own that fact. I just wish IU fans would stop with look had great we used to be crap they love to spout. Believe me we as Purdue fans understand the desire to win. Just because we have never won the title doesn't mean we don't have a winning tradition
I wish Purdue fans would stop beating their chest with their regular season over achievement that always comes crashing down in the NCAA Tournament against teams with greater talent. That cycle of false hope by Purdue basketball fans just leaves them bitter and angry. Be content that you have a good Engineering and Agriculture school, that has a decent football program. And leave the winning basketball National Championships role to IU once they get a stable coaching staff that can consistently recruit elite level talent.

I wish Purdue fans would stop beating their chest with their regular season over achievement that always comes crashing down in the NCAA Tournament against teams with greater talent. That cycle of false hope by Purdue basketball fans just leaves them bitter and angry. Be content that you have a good Engineering and Agriculture school, that has a decent football program. And leave the winning basketball National Championships role to IU once they get a stable coaching staff that can consistently recruit elite level talent.

When you can make it back to the dance we can talk about IU winning something until then suck it up and accept this fact IU IS MEDIOCRE

Haven't been there since 1980, Painter has never been. Predicting a title game especially without Carsen is absolutely laughable.
I don’t know about the Final 4; way too early. However, even without Carsen, Purdue will be a better team than last season. Even this past season when Carsen was in that month long shooting slump, forcing shots, Purdue was still winning. The times Carsen was resting on the bench, Purdue played well.

Next season, Purdue will be a young team but they will be an experienced team. The sophomores and juniors have played a lot of minutes the past 2 seasons. Purdue still has good shooters. Also, newcomers Newman and transfer Procter will be great additions. Haarms is going to be a beast at the 5. If Williams can guard the 4, the 4 position is set. Boudreaux or perhaps redshirt Duwuona can spell either. Wheeler with most likely Gillis as the backup at the 3. You can count on Eastern running the offense like a Swiss watch. Should be an 18 and 6 player next season. Don’t forget, Purdue plays defense. Should be another fun year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT