ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the next target at QB?

Maybe we see him in the portal in a few years. The have 6 scholarship QBs on their roster including another 4 star in this class.

Reactions: red hornet
I just dont see many quality QBs left out there in the high school ranks. Personally, it would make most sense to me to get two QBs from the portal -- one who was a freshman this season and one who is a junior or senior. Let the freshman transfer take the place of the high school guys we couldn't pull in.

Braxton Burmeister from VA Tech entered the portal today. Dual threat guy. Would hope we could get someone better than him, but he could be servicable.

Reactions: red hornet
Braxton Burmeister from VA Tech entered the portal today. Dual threat guy. Would hope we could get someone better than him, but he could be servicable.
Buhrmeister is the rolling gypsy QB of the college ranks. Kid has bounced around to like 12 schools. He was actually on the IU campus for a visit……under Wilson. That tells you how long he’s been around.
I think there might be some domino effect brewing and it involves Nix, Ward and Ole Miss. if Nix Commits there, I think Ward comes to IU.

Nix has been in contact with a bunch of different coaches.
I think Ward has bigger upside. My bet is something hinges on a commit to Ole Miss.

Last edited:
Peyton Ramsey Part 2 ?

I like the idea of bringing in a guy who's a Serious threat as a runner...
Played football and basketball in high school and did long jump, triple jump and relays too.

I think the original plan at UVA was to redshirt him since they had an excellent starting QB, but as the season went on they had to use him at WR and RB. Kid’s clearly a very good athlete.

Buhrmeister is the rolling gypsy QB of the college ranks. Kid has bounced around to like 12 schools. He was actually on the IU campus for a visit……under Wilson. That tells you how long he’s been around.
I think there might be some domino effect brewing and it involves Nix, Ward and Ole Miss. if Nix Commits there, I think Ward comes to IU.

Nix has been in contact with a bunch of different coaches.
I think Ward has bigger upside. My bet is something comes out of that for Oke Niss
If CTA and staff are still recruiting Ward I hope they take the time to familiarize him with Matthews, Perry, Lucas and Cooper. That would give him something very interesting to think about.

Zander Diamont still has a year of eligibility left. Of course he was afraid of serious injury or worse when he was protected by a better offensive line.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
Although he'd be a transfer (from Houston), Miller Kopp's younger brother Maddox is in the portal, still has four years of eligibility remaining and might be an intriguing consideration to fill in that "class of '22" spot if no other "true freshman" options are available. Then also bring in an upperclassman transfer.

Although he'd be a transfer (from Houston), Miller Kopp's younger brother Maddox is in the portal, still has four years of eligibility remaining and might be an intriguing consideration to fill in that "class of '22" spot if no other "true freshman" options are available. Then also bring in an upperclassman transfer.

IIRC Kopp, Costelli and Rodriguez would all fall into that category.

Last edited:

Imprasive pair of brothers athletically!

The most known remaining QB's in the portal are Slovis from USC, Cameron Ward from IW, & Harrison Bailey[no relation to Tanner:)] from Tenn. Costelli or Kopp would also be takers.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
The most known remaining QB's in the portal are Slovis from USC, Cameron Ward from IW, & Harrison Bailey[no relation to Tanner:)] from Tenn. Costelli or Kopp would also be takers.
Harrison Bailey went to the same high school that Kamryn Perry went to, although to my knowledge they never played together.

Harrison might have been overrated . . . he had some outstanding receivers, such as Ricky White (MSU, now in the portal), Ramel Keyton (Tennessee), Arik Gilbert (LSU/UGA). But he could sling it to those guys in high school . . . a 4* QB with a .9555 rating from 247 coming out of high school. Kinda like Nate Sudfeld . . . more of a passer than a runner, although he could run without looking like a baby giraffe like Nate did when he ran . . . .

Harrison Bailey went to the same high school that Kamryn Perry went to, although to my knowledge they never played together.

Harrison might have been overrated . . . he had some outstanding receivers, such as Ricky White (MSU, now in the portal), Ramel Keyton (Tennessee), Arik Gilbert (LSU/UGA). But he could sling it to those guys in high school . . . a 4* QB with a .9555 rating from 247 coming out of high school. Kinda like Nate Sudfeld . . . more of a passer than a runner, although he could run without looking like a baby giraffe like Nate did when he ran . . . .
Didn't he play againt us in the bowl game with Tenn.?

Didn't he play againt us in the bowl game with Tenn.?
Harrison Bailey? I don't think so . . . I was there and didn't see him enter the game. In fact, I'm not sure he was at Tennessee yet.

Ramel Keyton caught two passes for 60 yards against IU, including a 46 yarder. Oh, and Ricky White tore up Michigan in 2020 . . . 8 catches for 196 yards and a TD.

BTW, from what I recall watching him in high school, Harrison Bailey may have developed a habit of waiting until a guy is open before throwing it to him. A lot of plays were for big yardage after the routes were busted . . . or after letting a long-developing route to complete developing. Not sure that he's a quick release type of passer.

Harrison Bailey? I don't think so . . . I was there and didn't see him enter the game. In fact, I'm not sure he was at Tennessee yet.

Ramel Keyton caught two passes for 60 yards against IU, including a 46 yarder. Oh, and Ricky White tore up Michigan in 2020 . . . 8 catches for 196 yards and a TD.

BTW, from what I recall watching him in high school, Harrison Bailey may have developed a habit of waiting until a guy is open before throwing it to him. A lot of plays were for big yardage after the routes were busted . . . or after letting a long-developing route to complete developing. Not sure that he's a quick release type of passer.
Re: your last paragraph......to me, that's how McCulley plays....like in HS, running around the backfield until Omar Cooper gets open 30 yds down the field.....He's got a lot of work to do before he can play in a passing system.

Well, fact of the matter......we have to have a QB in this class and we really need one from the portal, if you ask me. I want Ward.....but I"m sure Ole Miss will win that one. Hope I am shocked.

In order of preference (not that all of the guys are looking at IU):

1. Cameron Ward - Incarnate Word
2. Kedon Slovis —USC
3. Peter Costelli - Utah
4. Zach Calzada - Texas A&M
5. Braxton Buhrmeister - Va Tech
6. Harrison Bailey - Tennessee
7. Chubba Purdy Florida State
8. Taison Phommachanh - Clemson

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT