ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the next target at QB?

I think we quickly forget how inept Ramsey was at throwing the ball downfield. Heady player, strong in the pocket, a great leader and underrated athleticism. Did the absolute most with what he had. But god he had no arm strength. DeBoer's offense, which thrived in the intermediate passing game, was perfect for him. Penix was a physical freak by comparison and was better suited for what Sheridan (and DeBord before him) were trying to do.

Solid QB's with limitations are uniquely frustrating. They can win you games especially when you put a solid team around them (see: Stetson Bennett) but I honestly prefer to go after home run guys like Penix. We're never going to have Georgia's level of talent around a quarterback. The only way we can ever hope to compete at that level is having an absolute game-breaker at quarterback. We lose that Ohio State game last year by 30 with Ramsey at quarterback. He would be simply incapable of making some of the throws Penix was making.

Ward has an incredible arm and would be a MASSIVE get for this program and I hope we do whatever it takes to get him to commit. Remember, Lane Kiffin also wanted McCulley....we've proven we can beat Ole Miss out for guys before.
DeBord and Sheridan had good offenses? Really? Where did they earn that praise? Where are they OCing now? PR had plenty of arm. His stats with 2 different programs proves it.

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
Keep sleeping on Tuttle - not saying he’s going to win the Big10 POY but I am cautiously optimistic about him - have to hope that DM takes a big step forward and gets to the point that he can play if called upon next year - I’m not convinced that we need a transfer at QB unless he is an obvious immediate upgrade - will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 7 weeks….
I'm still asleep on Tuttle.

He was very robotic in his play. He was lost when he had to go to his 2nd or 3rd option....not much vision there. And he was never able to make a play when the called play broke down.

Although he hadn't played much, he'd been around P5 football for a good amount of time. He completely failed to rise to the occasion, imo. It's a shame because he's a good guy, and well-liked. I just don't think he can develop into an average BT QB. Hope I'm wrong there. I think that the urgency Allen projected about getting a transfer QB is telling.

As a fan I'm very anxious to get a portal QB with some experience.......hopefully someone who has some passing ability so we can at least platoon McCulley rather than play him full-time or platoon him with Tuttle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT