ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be today's surprise Stud Signer?

2017 — Penix
2018 — Sanguinetti

2019 — Flip Gus Hartwig

Gus Hartwig is solid to Purdue. He already tweeted he will be signing with them at his high school today.

I think we get a surprise in the Feb signing period but likely not today.

Gus Hartwig is solid to Purdue. He already tweeted he will be signing with them at his high school today.

He was retweeting Purdue commitment tweets late last night, looks totally solid.

Any other ideas?

That is unfortunate but it is a short trip up 65 for the parents. Good luck to him.

Reactions: Sassy61
I don't see any shockers out there for today. I think that we're still in on some top talent that isn't going to sign early though. Harris would be a huge get and I think we've got a really good shot at him.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't see any shockers out there for today. I think that we're still in on some top talent that isn't going to sign early though. Harris would be a huge get and I think we've got a really good shot at him.
I would love to add Harris.
Matt Weaver said on the Hoosier huddle podcast that Harris signing early and only telling the coaches.
Then making his announcement at the All American game Jan 2.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
2017 — Penix
2018 — Sanguinetti

2019 — Flip Gus Hartwig

Crickets on this site. Nothing but bad news on HSN.....C. Smith & J. Williams probable grade casualties. J. Robertson signed with Duke. Probably out on A. Brown,
Dexter Williams Not a gaudy offer list but I like the look of this young man.

Not seeing it. 6'1", big but not fast, offers from Army, Bucknell, Charlotte & Coastal Carolina

I would love to add Harris.
Matt Weaver said on the Hoosier huddle podcast that Harris signing early and only telling the coaches.
Then making his announcement at the All American game Jan 2.
To clarify, does this mean that Weaver expects Harris to give Coach Allen a silent verbal today?

2017 — Penix
2018 — Sanguinetti

2019 — Flip Gus Hartwig

Don't know about the "stud" part, but Luke Haggard, 6'7" 270 lbs Cal. JC signed. Offers from U Conn, Fresno St, Nevada, Oregon St. J, Robertson signed with Duke, we're apparently out on A. Brown. C. Smith & J. Williams apparently won't sign due to grades. Disappointing.

My notes so far:
*Update Alante Brown is announcing in a half an hour (11:30am EST) - it's going to be Nebraska, Maryland or Indiana
*We signed JUCO transfer Luke Haggard (OT) who 247 has as a 3 star. This was not on the radar (unless I overlooked it, in which case someone will be eager to correct me)
*I too am watching Jason Harris but he is not expected to decide today.
*4-star Westley Neal is still in play. Others have pointed out that we are full at DT but in my view if you can get a 4-star DT you take it even if that means you have a glut
*Jalen Williams and Coleon Smith remain 'soft commits' which always makes you nervous
*Jontavis Robertson went Duke over Indiana and Georgia
*Geri Theodore went Toledo

Last edited:
Alante Brown going to Nebraska it seems. I don’t know what these kids are seeing in Scott Frost?

To clarify, does this mean that Weaver expects Harris to give Coach Allen a silent verbal today?
No, just that when he decides, Harris is sending in letter of intent to his school of choice, and not announcing publicly until the AA game.

I am assuming he will tell the coaches of all the schools that were his finalists.

He would be a huge boost to the class.

No, just that when he decides, Harris is sending in letter of intent to his school of choice, and not announcing publicly until the AA game.

I am assuming he will tell the coaches of all the schools that were his finalists.

He would be a huge boost to the class.
Wouldn’t get your hopes up on Harris, appears to be CU bound.

With the exception of Rutgers, every team that we beat in the Big Ten, out-recruited us. Allen’s staff isn’t good enough. Simply put.

He's back!!!!!! Mr. Neg Nellie can't keep it down too long before he strikes!

On paper it doesn't look as strong as last year's class potentially, but way, way too early to determine anything until 1-2 seasons from now!
you're right, we wont know for sure until a couple of years down the road. but on paper it doesn't look too hot. and after a very good year record wise. what happened?

you're right, we wont know for sure until a couple of years down the road. but on paper it doesn't look too hot. and after a very good year record wise. what happened?
Everyone says by the time IU was 8-4, most kids had their choices locked in, so it's the 2021 class where we will hopefully see a jump. Why? B/C now after this season, a national bowl game on TV Jan 2, and perhaps another big OC hire, we're much more on the radar for better players as we'll be starting on them now thru summer camps, etc.

Let's say IU opens up the season next year with a win (perceived upset) at Wisconsin. That would be an example of how they start getting the 4-star types to start really looking at IU from the get go. I'd be bullish and remember, no one knows for sure how any recruit works out until they play 1-3 seasons. We have some size and athleticism and most of these guys will RS next year, but you never know who could breakout. Anything is possible ahead, and imagine if both 6'7 OL fill out and work out, that will look like a Wiscy Ol over time!

HAHAHAHA.

You remain an idiot.

All that talk about that “big recruiting weekend,” and we will come away with none of the big fish that weekend.

I’m not mad at Allen. I just think his staff can’t recruit. These kids don’t want to play for guys like Wommack, Teegardin, Hiller, Inge. All the good guys we get are recruited by Hart, Shelby and Heard.

Everyone says by the time IU was 8-4, most kids had their choices locked in, so it's the 2021 class where we will hopefully see a jump. Why? B/C now after this season, a national bowl game on TV Jan 2, and perhaps another big OC hire, we're much more on the radar for better players as we'll be starting on them now thru summer camps, etc.

Let's say IU opens up the season next year with a win (perceived upset) at Wisconsin. That would be an example of how they start getting the 4-star types to start really looking at IU from the get go. I'd be bullish and remember, no one knows for sure how any recruit works out until they play 1-3 seasons. We have some size and athleticism and most of these guys will RS next year, but you never know who could breakout. Anything is possible ahead, and imagine if both 6'7 OL fill out and work out, that will look like a Wiscy Ol over time!

All that talk about that “big recruiting weekend,” and we will come away with none of the big fish that weekend.

I’m not mad at Allen. I just think his staff can’t recruit. These kids don’t want to play for guys like Wommack, Teegardin, Hiller, Inge. All the good guys we get are recruited by Hart, Shelby and Heard.
The last two classes have been the two best in program history. We likely return 18 or so starters from an 8-4 team, a win total that's happened under 10 times in 120+ years of playing, and made a January bowl for only the 4th time. I'm confused as to what you expect when there is a fundamental lack of institutional support until very, very recently.

The last two classes have been the two best in program history. We likely return 18 or so starters from an 8-4 team, a win total that's happened under 10 times in 120+ years of playing, and made a January bowl for only the 4th time. I'm confused as to what you expect when there is a fundamental lack of institutional support until very, very recently.
Who is the institutional support you speak of now ?

Reactions: boston jamie

Kevin Wilson had back-to-back classes with a higher average class ranking than Tom Allen's last 2 classes.

Kevin Wilson had back-to-back classes with a higher average class ranking than Tom Allen's last 2 classes.

Problem with that is that half of them bailed. The big recruiting class of 2013 and 2014? Most of the 4-stars contributed nothing, quit or got into a cartel.

It’s only good on paper if they actually make the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT