ADVERTISEMENT

Who was the biggest recruit Indiana missed out on in your opinion?

Except IU had reached its quota, so to speak. Ask Cardinal Hall of Farmer Bob Gibson about that as it relates to IU basketball.

th

The biggest recruit we missed out on is Wall2Boogie. You wouldn’t be a Kentucky fan trolling this board and I might like you then.
That’s a nice gesture. I know I’m a solid poster, but I am not here to troll, just asking a question. Have I trolled before? Absolutely. But I enjoy the conversation here with my Hoosier friends

Reactions: birdforbogey
It’s the truth, though no one would expect someone like you to have any awareness of it. Do some research for a change.

someone like me??

you don't know me from Adam.

so you're saying IU wouldn't take Oscar because that would give them too many blacks???

but then took Bellamy the next yr??

i'm guessing there's a good reason you didn't even try to back that assertion up.

let's see this great research "someone like you" has.

put up or shut up.

someone like me??

you don't know me from Adam.

so you're saying IU wouldn't take Oscar because that would give them too many blacks???

but then took Bellamy the next yr??

i'm guessing there's a good reason you didn't even try to back that assertion up.

let's see this great research someone like you has.

put up or shut up.
Do some digging on Oscar as well as Bob Gibson and you might gain a little insight into how IU recruited black players. And “someone like you” who makes outlandish and unsupported statements on here in the posts I’ve read that have no relationship with reality.

for Kentucky it’s always going to be Ralph Sampson, but for Indiana I was thinking Larry bird. I know you guys have had others that may have been a missing piece for a title. I’m curious who you consider your biggest recruiting misses.

you suck so bad. Do I have to repost your mocking of IU and its fan? why do you post here? The next post brings on your mocking of IU fans....

for Kentucky it’s always going to be Ralph Sampson, but for Indiana I was thinking Larry bird. I know you guys have had others that may have been a missing piece for a title. I’m curious who you consider your biggest recruiting misses.

I didn't realize that Ralph Sampson grew up in Kentucky. How in the @#%$@# was he a miss, if he had NO relationship with the state of Kentucky? wtf

Do some digging on Oscar as well as Bob Gibson and you might gain a little insight into how IU recruited black players. And “someone like you” who makes outlandish and unsupported statements on here in the posts I’ve read that have no relationship with reality.
knucklehead

I had no idea he almost went there. We had Brandon Wright and hansborgh in the bag until some how tubby let them get away. It was the beginning of the end for him unfortunately, because he was a hell of a coach
wtf, none of these players were Kennnnntucky high school kids. Have you mocked IU fans lately on other boards? you suck

I didn't realize that Ralph Sampson grew up in Kentucky. How in the @#%$@# was he a miss, if he had NO relationship with the state of Kentucky? wtf
I know you’re a huge fan of mine, and I’m flattered that you enjoy my posts so much. Ralph Sampson was down to us and Virginia, he had all but committed to Kentucky and changed his mind at the last minute. We need to bury the hatchet my friend. I always enjoy your posts

Wall2BoogieWell-Known Member
Expand Collapse
Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up at IU games.

If IU is the worst fanbase, why in the #@%@# do you post here? YOU have humiliated yourself with your posts on other boards, and then continue to show up here on our board with
these stupid posts and questions. At least regret losing a high school kid that went to school in Kentucky when you post something like this. Ralph Sampson? Hell, IU regrets not getting him too. So do 200 other schools . idiot, liarm and disingenuous dik.

I know you’re a huge fan of mine, and I’m flattered that you enjoy my posts so much. Ralph Sampson was down to us and Virginia, he had all but committed to Kentucky and changed his mind at the last minute. We need to bury the hatchet my friend. I always enjoy your posts
sure, so did 55 other schools. You need to own up to your lies and mocking of IU. More posters here are up to your lies than you know of.

Expand Collapse
Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up at IU games.

If IU is the worst fanbase, why in the #@%@# do you post here? YOU have humiliated yourself with your posts on other boards, and then continue to show up here on our board with
these stupid posts and questions. At least regret losing a high school kid that went to school in Kentucky when you post something like this. Ralph Sampson? Hell, IU regrets not getting him too. So do 200 other schools . idiot, liarm and disingenuous dik.

Expand Collapse

You obviously aren’t aware of the finalists for Sampson. Tap out now.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
That you didn’t understand the original question says a lot. That you aren’t aware of IU basketball history isn’t surprising in the least. We read your posts and could draw no other conclusions. Have you ever been to a game?
yeak , yeah, yeah, you have said that to every poster that wants to see Archie be given the time to prove himself. You have never posted anything remotely knowledgable about basketball. Tell us how you would do it. I am waiting....

yeak , yeah, yeah, you have said that to every poster that wants to see Archie be given the time to prove himself. You have never posted anything remotely knowledgable about basketball. Tell us how you would do it. I am waiting....
Here’s the title of the thread, which apparently was beyond your comprehension:

“Who was the biggest recruit Indiana missed out on in your opinion?”

I have no idea what you’re ranting about now.

Here’s the title of the thread, which apparently was beyond your comprehension:

“Who was the biggest recruit Indiana missed out on in your opinion?”

I have no idea what you’re ranting about now.
The idiot, your buddy W2Boogie, wrote that IU missed out on Larry Bird...all credibility lost.

Here is what else he said about IU Nation:
Wall2Boogie wrote: " Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up at IU games."

Do you agree with her, Pmary?

Glad people mention Oscar as it sounds like we blew it with him.

Most will say Montross in 90. Especially in retrospect with Henderson going down. Plus I'm guessing most of this community was alive and aware back then (sadly history tends to turn to dust. Very few people can talk about the 40 team and 53 is becoming that way. It happens).

Davis biggest miss was Oden/Conley.

Sampson's was Hummell I'd guess.

Crean's was Gary Harris, maybe Trey Lyles.

Archie's is Brooks so far (we'll see how he plays, maybe he won't be).

For me it's Shawn Kemp. He's a head case and would have never made it two weeks here in reality but we did actively recruit him and for a talent on that 1989 team...he might have pushed us over the top of an already outstanding season that ended in the sweet 16 to eventual title runner up Seton Hall. No offense to Todd Jadlow who knew his role, but Kemp was a monster frontcourt freak.
Sampson - Derrick Rose.

liars be liars..... just admit it.....

Hey Jimmy are you like twelve? Wallboogie will not say it. But i will. You are a little bitch. This is a message board. Any person keeping score or history of another person who posts. First needs a life. Second. You are a bitch. And yes I would have no problem saying it to your face. No one owns these boards. People from all over have the right to post. Any idiot who has never played a min for whatever school they cheer on, and carry themselves as some type of gate keeper. Is a bitch. None of us are apart of any of these teams. So it should not be a issue when grown ups post about schools they really have no real connections to. And you literally proved his point on his post about IU fans being the worst. I personally think its Miami fans. But you and a couple other posters on here. Make his point hard to argue.

Josh Smith or Dwight Howard...help is on the way...

Plus we should have got Steph Curry, KD, Kawhi, Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, Barkley, Malone, and all the other all NBA guys...

I wish Archie would get 1 or 2 current guys to commit rather than riding on open scholarships a year after Archie Apologists blaming injuries and bodies as excuse for inefficient practices

Hey Jimmy are you like twelve? Wallboogie will not say it. But i will. You are a little bitch. This is a message board. Any person keeping score or history of another person who posts. First needs a life. Second. You are a bitch. And yes I would have no problem saying it to your face. No one owns these boards. People from all over have the right to post. Any idiot who has never played a min for whatever school they cheer on, and carry themselves as some type of gate keeper. Is a bitch. None of us are apart of any of these teams. So it should not be a issue when grown ups post about schools they really have no real connections to. And you literally proved his point on his post about IU fans being the worst. I personally think its Miami fans. But you and a couple other posters on here. Make his point hard to argue.

so you agree with W2B? you little bitch...

you're just a troll.

you said there was evidence out there that IU passed on Oscar because he was black, and IU already had it's quota. (but yet recruited Bellamy the next yr).

so put up or shut up. where's your evidence. (and don't pass it off as my job to go find evidence that isn't out there to begin with).

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
you're just a troll.

you said there was evidence out there that IU passed on Oscar because he was black, and IU already had it's quota. (but yet recruited Bellamy the next yr).

so put up or shut up. where's your evidence. (and don't pass it off as my job to go find evidence that isn't out there to begin with).
Are you really not aware of those practices? It wasn’t just IU, by the way.

you're just a troll.

Arguing with vapid embittered trolls is a waste of time.

Reactions: Courtsensethree
I just don’t understand why we can’t just talk hoops here jimbo. I always look forward to your takes
I just don’t understand why we can’t just talk hoops here jimbo. I always look forward to your takes

Here is you said about IU Nation:
Wall2Boogie wrote: " Indiana has the absolute worst fan base in basketball. You know it’s bad when cal basically has to say he won’t play there and allow himself, his players, or their families put up with their shit. I couldn’t tell you about the 56 fans that show up at IU games."

own it?

377 since the promise
No idea what you’re babbling about. What promise did you make me? I just asked you to talk hoops if you were going to follow me around. You refused. Then I asked you to just bypass my posts if they bothered you. Again, you refused. Then I asked you to ignore me so you wouldn’t have to see anything I posted. Once more, you refused. You’re here not to talk IU basketball but only to instigate trouble. That’s it. It’s a waste of everyone’s time, most notably your own. Feel free to continue, but you make a fool of yourself every time you chase me around.

No idea what you’re babbling about. What promise did you make me? I just asked you to talk hoops if you were going to follow me around. You refused. Then I asked you to just bypass my posts if they bothered you. Again, you refused. Then I asked you to ignore me so you wouldn’t have to see anything I posted. Once more, you refused. You’re here not to talk IU basketball but only to instigate trouble. That’s it. It’s a waste of everyone’s time, most notably your own. Feel free to continue, but you make a fool of yourself every time you chase me around.

Here is you said about IU Nation:

own it?
I’ve told you jimbo 50 times now, I was innocently trolling that guy on the main board not here. On the main board we poke fun at each other or troll lightly. The internet seems to be too personal for you. As your friend and favorite poster, you might want to take a deep breath and sit the next few posts out.

I’ve told you jimbo 50 times now, I was innocently trolling that guy on the main board not here. On the main board we poke fun at each other or troll lightly. The internet seems to be too personal for you. As your friend and favorite poster, you might want to take a deep breath and sit the next few posts out.

You know that is not true, and anyone reading that thread knows you were mocking IU Nation. No one on any prior posts on the thread even mentioned IU. You ripped IU fans without provocation.. Just own it...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT