ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is John Galt?

Have you actually watched the videos? If not, watch them. It doesn't add up. They're actively hiding important matters from the Congress and the public. They don't need to hide things from the Dems. Their 'investigation' is less than thorough.

It is only less than thorough because Trump and his cronies won't cooperate and are ignoring subpoenas.

Okay. Seems like it would be very easy for the FBI to say Epps wasn’t an informant or agent.
Let’s think about this a little deeper. Note I’m a conservative otherwise I’d say “let’s unpack this” and then kick my own ass.

If the FBI answered who “wasn’t” an FBI informant, and then they supplied an answer of “I cannot comment” when asked about someone else, doesn’t that imply Yes? Do you really want informants outed?

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
They weren’t encouraging the actual kidnapping (you misspelled it). They would never have let it happen. That’s the difference. Did they set themselves up for doubt and future critical lenses with that MI debacle? Of course.

I know all about agent provacateurs and the like. There were surely feds in that crowd because they’d be doing their jobs of surveillance. But it’s a banana land way of thinking to push the violent part of the storming into the FBI sphere.
You have no idea what their role was. You're assuming it, but you have no idea.

The fact is, they were in on the conspiracty, so don't act like it's a ridiculous notion that the FBI wasn't involved in 1/6.

Reactions: 76-1
You have no idea what Ray Epps did or didn’t do.

I agree re BLM and Antifa rioters. Apparently covering your face is a smart idea so they’re infinitely smarter than the 1/6 rioters.
We know what Epps did. He is on numerous videos. We don't know why he did what he did. And there is an amazing lack of curiosity about that from the powers that be.

You have no idea what their role was. You're assuming it, but you have no idea.

The fact is, they were in on the conspiracty, so don't act like it's a ridiculous notion that the FBI wasn't involved in 1/6.
I told CO I agree re Michigan. But again, that doesn’t mean that every bad thing that Trump supporters do means FBI!

The first sentence of the Guardian article gave me cancer of the grammar.

Based on my knowledge of these two incidents/cases I am fully aligned. But that doesn’t mean that we get to blame the FBI for everything else that happens involving white people. That’s how children think.
There is more FBI and DOJ shenanigans. If there were ever a place where past patterns and practices were relevant, it would be a government bureaucracy.

Reactions: 76-1 and DANC
Yes, if that actually happened.

But most of those people on Jan 6 were grown adults that can think for themselves (presumably). Doesn't really change anything outside of adding someone else to the list of people that should be in legal trouble.
so dumb

Reactions: DANC
Ted Cruz cares about one person: Ted Cruz. This doesn’t make him unique in the legislative branch.

He’s doing it for theater and he’s causing harm to the Republic. The investigation will be completed - and he knows damned well these agents/PR mouthpieces cannot answer these questions.
Ted Cruz is a piker when compared to Schiff for any harm he's done to the Republic.

And yes, that's a whutabout, but where is the outrage over Schiff from you or any Dem?

Reactions: 76-1
Please Ranger. Ted Cruz has zero to do with this issue. This point is not about him.
Which issue? Ranger responded to my post which is squarely about Ted Cruz.

Why would Cruz have “zero” to do with the issue when the video features him asking questions that we think he knows can’t be answered at this time?

Try to stick with facts because that is a lie.

President Donald Trump wanted National Guard troops in Washington to protect his supporters at a Jan. 6 rally that ended with them attacking the U.S. Capitol, leaving five dead, Trump's former Pentagon chief testified on Wednesday.

Former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller told a House of Representatives panel that he spoke with Trump on Jan. 3, three days before the now-former president's fiery speech that preceded the violence and led to his second impeachment.

According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

Miller made the remarks during a contentious hearing held by the House Oversight Committee, which is investigating security failures in the days leading to and during the riot.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and IU_Hickory
Which issue? Ranger responded to my post which is squarely about Ted Cruz.

Why would Cruz have “zero” to do with the issue when the video features him asking questions that we think he knows can’t be answered at this time?
I'm not sure how COHvac will answer, but be on the lookout for the word "nuance".

There is more FBI and DOJ shenanigans. If there were ever a place where past patterns and practices were relevant, it would be a government bureaucracy.
It’s laughable to me that Trumpers (which is what you’ve all become) think that the FBI is this bastion of progressivism and liberalism. In reality, the average FBI agent is far more likely to be conservative and GOP-leaning.

Ted Cruz is a piker when compared to Schiff for any harm he's done to the Republic.

And yes, that's a whutabout, but where is the outrage over Schiff from you or any Dem?
Schiff’s a freaking loser of epic proportions and is unfit for office. You happy?

It must be pure bliss living in such a binary world. Maybe it’s called Simpletonia.

Schiff’s a freaking loser of epic proportions and is unfit for office. You happy?

It must be pure bliss living in such a binary world. Maybe it’s called Simpletonia.
Don't get pissed off because you got called on your hypocrisy.

It’s laughable to me that Trumpers (which is what you’ve all become) think that the FBI is this bastion of progressivism and liberalism. In reality, the average FBI agent is far more likely to be conservative and GOP-leaning.
We're not talking about the average FBI agent. We're talking about the people at the top, who have proved they have no problem breaking laws to achieve their goals.

Let’s think about this a little deeper. Note I’m a conservative otherwise I’d say “let’s unpack this” and then kick my own ass.

If the FBI answered who “wasn’t” an FBI informant, and then they supplied an answer of “I cannot comment” when asked about someone else, doesn’t that imply Yes? Do you really want informants outed?
The FBI’s method of using CI’s at political rallies, and in political groups, are very legitimate and important areas of congressional oversight and investigation. This is an issue that Pelosi’s select committee avoids and apparently that avoidance from the executive department was fully displayed yesterday. Questions about this have nothing to do with “outing” individuals.

You think anyone who looks at Trump objectively are "Trumpers".

It's immature and getting old.

Bullshit. This whole thread is saying it did. Are you serious?
"that doesn’t mean that every bad thing that Trump supporters do means FBI!"

Yes, I'm serious. No one has said this. You're reading into posts something that isn't there.

Reactions: Crayfish57
I'm sure all Hillary and Obama's buddies in the Bureau agree wholeheartedly with you.

Reactions: Crayfish57
They weren’t encouraging the actual kidnapping (you misspelled it). They would never have let it happen. That’s the difference. Did they set themselves up for doubt and future critical lenses with that MI debacle? Of course.

I know all about agent provacateurs and the like. There were surely feds in that crowd because they’d be doing their jobs of surveillance. But it’s a banana land way of thinking to push the violent part of the storming into the FBI sphere.
Do you believe an agent like Strzok given an opportunity wouldn’t have tried to do something to entrap a perceived Trump Supporter. I am not trying to get deep in some conspiracy theory. I understand for many Trump supporters are not worthy of any rights or understanding. But can’t you see their distrust after reading what Strzok said? Forget Trump supporters. Wouldn’t anyone be concerned with the fairness of FBI agents if they’re talking like Strzok was? I’d have the same distrust if they were talking about Clinton and her supporters.

You think anyone who looks at Trump objectively are "Trumpers".

It's immature and getting old.
I look at Trump objectively. You do not. Objective focus would require you to clearly see how irresponsible Trump was leading up to and on 1/6. You would have shat your pants if it was BLM and a Democrat.

The democrats are completely culpable, in my opinion, for their phrasing and messaging lending tacit support for BLM riots to get votes in 2020. I think both are awful. Why don’t you?

Do you believe an agent like Strzok given an opportunity wouldn’t have tried to do something to entrap a perceived Trump Supporter. I am not trying to get deep in some conspiracy theory. I understand for many Trump supporters are not worthy of any rights or understanding. But can’t you see their distrust after reading what Strzok said? Forget Trump supporters. Wouldn’t anyone be concerned with the fairness of FBI agents if they’re talking like Strzok was? I’d have the same distrust if they were talking about Clinton and her supporters.
Yes I do. But that doesn’t mean that happened here.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I’d support a bipartisan, 50/50, investigation and report about the FBI, it’s tactics, and whether political ideology is coloring how agents or directors act. Like with election logistics, it seems important to reestablish the legitimacy of an important institution.

It’s just wild to me, though, that we have so few people and politicians on both sides of the aisle willing to fiercely defend the legitimacy of our institutions. This is certainly a new phenomenon, started during Watergate sure, but it’s now both dominant political parties collectively attacking every important institution we have.

Maybe that’s wrong though: maybe these message boards and my time on them color my view as to how prevalent this is (damn human biases!).

"that doesn’t mean that every bad thing that Trump supporters do means FBI!"

Yes, I'm serious. No one has said this. You're reading into posts something that isn't there.
You have major reading comprehension issues. This entire thread’s premise is that the FBI will not answer questions about the mythical provocateur Ray Epps therefore the FBI is involved. There is no evidence he’s an FBI informant. There’s no evidence he’s an agent but that is the conclusion.

Thus, FBI is involved because now everything bad Trump supporters do is FBI-started. This isn’t hard logic. Why is it for you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT