ADVERTISEMENT

Who here uses CBD gummies?

Afghan strains, as far as I know, are all Indica. There are old world (Indo china/Africa) and new world (South/Central America) sativas. So it's possible that there's an Afghani Sativa, but it would not be the norm and probably rare. For Blueberry, you want something from the DJ Short line.. It's the original - the rest are copies.

Ever watch Strain Hunters on youtube?

I remember this Blueberry from 20 years ago like it was yesterday. I will 100% be looking into the line you mentioned, because it really has became personal quest for me to find it. Might take me a a year or 2 but I will eventually get back to you on this.

I never have dove into the history of weed like I should. I’ll check our strain hunters, sounds like a fun watch.

I remember this Blueberry from 20 years ago like it was yesterday. I will 100% be looking into the line you mentioned, because it really has became personal quest for me to find it. Might take me a a year or 2 but I will eventually get back to you on this.

I never have dove into the history of weed like I should. I’ll check our strain hunters, sounds like a fun watch.
It's Arjan Roskam, ie one of the most famous growers in the world. He and Franco (RIP) travel the world looking for landraces. His lines include White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Super Lemon Haze. He has won a few Cannabis Cups and is a big fan of Sativas and Sativa dominants.

Link

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott and Cavanagh
They hang people for distributing drugs here, granted it has to be like over 10grams.

Maybe I will do it after I move up north. Or if I get back to Stateside again. Half the family is in the Bay area...
Seriously? 10 grams of pot?

*cannabis

No one calls it pot anymore.

That's not true, we old f'ers do!

Say, wait a minute are you one of them thar long-haired hippy freak potheads? That stuff'll turn your brain to mush. Now, where'd I set my beer?

Is weed acceptable?

Reactions: sdhoosier
That's not true, we old f'ers do!

Say, wait a minute are you one of them thar long-haired hippy freak potheads? That stuff'll turn your brain to mush. Now, where'd I set my beer?

Is weed acceptable?
Yes.... but barely. Vbg

I was probably one of the few who was never a pot (sorry T.M.P.) smoker in college in the 70"s. I smoked a few times but it was always after I was already hammered with my alcohol of choice...either beer, tequila or vodka at that time.

I never felt like I was high when I did smoke and didn't feel any different than just being drunk. I remember back then they also said you had to smoke the wicked weed a few times before you would feel the high. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not.

After college I never did take up smoking weed mainly because I didn't like the idea of smoking period...especially cigarettes.

About 10 years ago I was having some issues with anxiety and insomnia. I tried different scripts through my primary care doc with no luck. This was back before cannabis was legal for recreational use in Caifornia.

However, you could get a card to buy for medical use. So I went to a "clinic" saw some yahoo and got my card. I then went downstairs to the pharmacy and told the hot looking chica behind the counter what I needed it for. Still not liking the idea of smoking I decided to go with some edibles.

I went home with my chocolate chip cookies excited as hell.
At bedtime I anxiously got my cookie out. I decided to go conservative and decided to only eat a 1/4 of the cookie since I had no experience with edibles before.

About 45 minutes went by before I felt anything. Then I felt like someone put their fist on my low back and the pressure went slowly up my spine to my head. Then all hell broke loose!

I had uncontrollable muscle spasms in my arms, legs and body... my wife said it looked like I was having an epileptic seizure. I couldn't walk without supporting myself on a chair or bed. Instead of the desired effect of gently putting me to sleep I felt totally jacked up. I really thought I was dying and pleaded with my wife to take me to the e/r. She calmly told me to relax, I was just high and it would wear off.

Well, it did wear off...the next morning about 6 hours later..worst night of my life! I shudder to think what would have happened had I eaten the entire cookie!

Needless to say I tossed the rest of the cookies. I always wondered what the hell happened. Did I get a bad batch...did the THC react with the other drugs I had been taking for insomnia...needless to say I have not tried any edibles or smokeables since.

I was probably one of the few who was never a pot (sorry T.M.P.) smoker in college in the 70"s. I smoked a few times but it was always after I was already hammered with my alcohol of choice...either beer, tequila or vodka at that time.

I never felt like I was high when I did smoke and didn't feel any different than just being drunk. I remember back then they also said you had to smoke the wicked weed a few times before you would feel the high. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not.

After college I never did take up smoking weed mainly because I didn't like the idea of smoking period...especially cigarettes.

About 10 years ago I was having some issues with anxiety and insomnia. I tried different scripts through my primary care doc with no luck. This was back before cannabis was legal for recreational use in Caifornia.

However, you could get a card to buy for medical use. So I went to a "clinic" saw some yahoo and got my card. I then went downstairs to the pharmacy and told the hot looking chica behind the counter what I needed it for. Still not liking the idea of smoking I decided to go with some edibles.

At bedtime I anxiously got my cookie out. I decided to go conservative and decided to only eat a 1/4 of the cookie since I had no experience with edibles before.

About 45 minutes went by before I felt anything. Then I felt like someone put their fist on my low back and the pressure went slowly up my spine to my head. Then all hell broke loose!

I had uncontrollable muscle spasms in my arms, legs and body... my wife said it looked like I was having an epileptic seizure. I couldn't walk without supporting myself on a chair or bed. Instead of the desired effect of gently putting me to sleep I felt totally jacked up. I really thought I was dying and pleaded with my wife to take me to the e/r. She calmly told me to relax, I was just high and it would wear off.

Well, it did wear off...the next morning about 6 hours later..worst night of my life! I shudder to think what would have happened had I eaten the entire cookie!

Needless to say I tossed the rest of the cookies. I always wondered what the hell happened. Did I get a bad batch...did the THC react with the other drugs I had been taking for insomnia...needless to say I have not tried any edibles or smokeables since.

That sucks. That's wild with that small a dose that it had such a strong effect.

I've always been just the opposite, prefer getting high to alcohol, but, it rarely puts me to sleep and I like getting high during the day and rarely do it within a couple hours before bed. Thats another thing that's great about dispensaries, you have some idea of what it's going to do, and how strong a dose you have. But generally even the strains that are supposed to help with sleep don't for me.

Noobs and edibles ..smh .. it never works out. I can tell you with certainly it didn't cause the spasms as the cannabinoid endocrine system doesn't work like that. at least not in normal human beings or animals. That was you freakin out, over doing it and getting way too high. What you suffered after is known as being greened out or green gills or green flu. You did too much, man . lol.

Noobs, 2.5 to 5.0 mg .. increase it by 2.5 as you get used to it and tolerance increases. Cookies are commonly 75 to 125 MG +/- You probably did 25 from a 100mg cookie or five to ten times more than what you should have. *sigh* .... you should have taken a small nibble only.

Last edited:
but, it rarely puts me to sleep
Depends on strain. There's strains of sativa that will not put you to sleep but instead do the opposite. And some Indicas, will knock you out in 20 minutes.

Sativa is trippy awake social. Indica is relaxing, couch lock, party killer. Hybrids can be anything in between and in combination..

Last edited:
Holy shiite! The words mandatory death penalty and pot, errr cannabis, should never appear in the same sentence. That's fing crazy!

Maybe the out is they call it "the misuse of drugs act"... "No sir, I was smoking it just the way you're supposed to. No misuse here, it got me perfectly high!"

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Depends on strain. There's strains of sativa that will not put you to sleep but instead do the opposite.

Sativa is trippy awake social. Indica is relaxing, couch lock, party killer. Hybrids can be anything in between.

I've tried indicas. It relaxes me overall, but usually my mind keeps clicking. Yes to the couch potato, but generally no to sleep. Or at least I don't feel like it helps me get to sleep. But my sleep is f'd.

I've tried indicas. It relaxes me overall, but usually my mind keeps clicking. Yes to the couch potato, but generally no to sleep. Or at least I don't feel like it helps me get to sleep. But my sleep is f'd.
fwiw - not to be annoying (lol like I really care if I am, right?) there's so much variation in strains because of all the hybrids plus how it's processed how it's grown etc .. that you can basically find exactly what you want.

Bubba Kush taken at 56 days, is different than one taken at 63 days, and far different than one taken at 70. The relative ratios of THC, CBD, CBN and terpines which affects all the effects, change.. The earlier it's taken the more THC, less CBD, CBN, and terpenes. As it grows further THC decreases, as the others increase.

So not only do all the variations caused by hybrids have different characteristics but there's even more considering phenos and processing. So, it can also be tailored to need. It's a very complex plant that scientists and growers are barely starting to understand.

Personally .. I like Super Lemon Haze for anytime or creative activities and prefer later cuts. Bubba Kush is supreme for pain management but I prefer early cuts because late cuts knock me out. OG Kush (Suge Knight or Master's phenotype) for evenings and night time and prefer an early cut on that also.

They love me in the dispensaries ... lol

Noobs and edibles ..smh .. it never works out. I can tell you with certainly it didn't cause the spasms as the cannabinoid endocrine system doesn't work like that. at least not in normal human beings or animals. That was you freakin out, over doing it and getting way too high. What you suffered after is known as being greened out or green gills or green flu. You did too much, man . lol.

Noobs, 2.5 to 5.0 mg .. increase it by 2.5 as you get used to it and tolerance increases. Cookies are commonly 75 to 125 MG +/- You probably did 25 from a 100mg cookie or five to ten times more than what you should have. *sigh* .... you should have taken a small nibble only.

Wow..I guess I did do too much...the chick behind the counter apparently was there for her looks and not her knowledge. ..she told me it was fine to do the whole cookie! Thank god I didn't.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Wow..I guess I did do too much...the chick behind the counter apparently was there for her looks and not her knowledge. ..she told me it was fine to do the whole cookie! Thank god I didn't.
Yea that was on her. You have to build a tolerance first.

Holy shiite! The words mandatory death penalty and pot, errr cannabis, should never appear in the same sentence. That's fing crazy!

Yeap. It sucks. They are a big believer in the broken window theory.

But why do you think we have such low crime rates here? I can walk on the streets at 4am here. Yay! :(

fwiw - not to be annoying (lol like I really care if I am, right?) there's so much variation in strains because of all the hybrids plus how it's processed how it's grown etc .. that you can basically find exactly what you want.

Bubba Kush taken at 56 days, is different than one taken at 63 days, and far different than one taken at 70. The relative ratios of THC, CBD, CBN and terpines which affects all the effects, change.. The earlier it's taken the more THC, less CBD, CBN, and terpenes. As it grows further THC decreases, as the others increase.

So not only do all the variations caused by hybrids have different characteristics but there's even more considering phenos and processing. So, it can also be tailored to need. It's a very complex plant that scientists and growers are barely starting to understand.

Personally .. I like Super Lemon Haze for anytime or creative activities and prefer later cuts. Bubba Kush is supreme for pain management but I prefer early cuts because late cuts knock me out. OG Kush (Suge Knight or Master's phenotype) for evenings and night time and prefer an early cut on that also.

They love me in the dispensaries ... lol

And again, that's one of the great things about dispensaries: you can get information and try and tailor what you buy to whatever you're trying to deal with: sleep, appetite, anxiety, pain, etc... I had no clue about the variation due to when it's harvested! Wine snobs bore me and make me laugh, but I could definitely get in to being a pot, err cannabis, snob! Much more interesting to me. I love being in a dispensary when it's not crowded and you get a knowledgeable salesperson. Plus, I've always loved how pot smells, so getting to open and smell all the different buds, literally makes me salivate. Think it goes back to when I was a teen and one of the pretty and busty burnout girls was showing me her stash (and her pot too!), and held it out for me to take a big whiff. The positive association between the smell as I inhaled and the view of her lovely cleavage as I leaned towards her, still makes me salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs!

Last edited:

Pussy.
Nice pic though.

That sucks. That's wild with that small a dose that it had such a strong effect.

I've always been just the opposite, prefer getting high to alcohol, but, it rarely puts me to sleep and I like getting high during the day and rarely do it within a couple hours before bed. Thats another thing that's great about dispensaries, you have some idea of what it's going to do, and how strong a dose you have. But generally even the strains that are supposed to help with sleep don't for me.

Most of the individual edibles I've bought were a 10mg dose. Like TMP said, a half of that is good for newbies. I generally eat a half if I want a mellow buzz while doing something, or a whole if I'm going to be camped somewhere and want a deeper high.

I know you had a bad experience, but I do think it was overdoing it, or a reaction mixed with other stuff, and I don't think you should be fearful of trying it again, if you want to. If you do, try and buy at a dispensary and find a knowledgeable (and hot!) clerk and share with them what you are looking for. I've found dispensaries have a fair# of hot chicks working there. Not sure if they dig the weed, or the shop owners dig having them to draw in guys. They can be super helpful though.

t9jcjqsawtwwwnnj3mda.png

0r4eqbbvg5zz.jpg

sexy-stoner-pics-23.jpg

a-higher-state-of-mind-when-smoking-cannabis-thcfinder-fs.jpg

mn0op6eskq4pwxdiwtjh.jpg

Last edited:
And again, that's one of the great things about dispensaries: you can get information and try and tailor what you buy to whatever you're trying to deal with: sleep, appetite, anxiety, pain, etc... I had no clue about the variation due to when it's harvested! Wine snobs bore me and make me laugh, but I could definitely get in to being a pot, err cannabis, snob! Much more interesting to me. I love being in a dispensary when it's not crowded and you get a knowledgeable salesperson. Plus, I've always loved how pot smells, so getting to open and smell all the different buds, literally makes me salivate. Think it goes back to when I was a teen and one of the pretty and busty burnout girls was showing me her stash (and her pot too!), and held it out for me to take a big whiff. The positive association between the smell as I inhaled and the view of her lovely cleavage as I leaned towards her, still makes me salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs!

I've never felt anything the few times I ate edibles. Had about 25 mg the first time. Made me a bit drowsy after a couple hours but that was about it. Same thing the other couple times with about 20 mg. I've never smoked anything.

I've never felt anything the few times I ate edibles. Had about 25 mg the first time. Made me a bit drowsy after a couple hours but that was about it. Same thing the other couple times with about 20 mg. I've never smoked anything.

Holy schnikes! That's a lot. So that's the only time you've tried pot? I've seen newbies not get high because they didn't know how to smoke and inhale, but I assume you know how to eat! I'd try different product... but I sure wouldn't go higher dosage, that's a lot!

Holy schnikes! That's a lot. So that's the only time you've tried pot? I've seen newbies not get high because they didn't know how to smoke and inhale, but I assume you know how to eat! I'd try different product... but I sure wouldn't go higher dosage, that's a lot!

That's what the dispensary said to start at. I read that 50mg was a high dose. But I'm not typically affected by medicine much. I could take several Ambiens and I doubt I'd sleep more than a half hour if that.

That's what the dispensary said to start at. I read that 50mg was a high dose. But I'm not typically affected by medicine much. I could take several Ambiens and I doubt I'd sleep more than a half hour if that.

That sounds like a lot to me. I know most "single dose" edibles like candy, etc... are usually 5-20mg, and 10 does me very well. I did check out the article linked below, and it had this interesting comment for a 30-50mg dose:" consumers whose GI systems don’t absorb cannabinoids well." Maybe that's you?

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/cannabis-edibles-dosage-guide-chart

I ordered some for the recovery benefits after running/working out.

Just 10 mg.

What have your experiences been and what should I expect? I was a big weed smoker for MANY, MANY years but haven't partaken since probably around 2010.

Will it feel like I'm baked?
change your avatar

no it won't

no psychoactive properties

Im on a flight to Vegas right now, first time Ive traveled since March. Im pumped for the dispensaries. I am taking a chick that has never been to Vegas(she's 21:) ) so we will go to Planet 13 just so she can see that monster. So many dispensaries in Vegas, I like to blow a ton of money on weed right at first, just to justify how much I am going to give to the casinos.

Reactions: sglowrider
Im on a flight to Vegas right now, first time Ive traveled since March. Im pumped for the dispensaries. I am taking a chick that has never been to Vegas(she's 21:) ) so we will go to Planet 13 just so she can see that monster. So many dispensaries in Vegas, I like to blow a ton of money on weed right at first, just to justify how much I am going to give to the casinos.
As you know: pics or it didn't happen

Weed makes you sleepy. Use the white stuff and your time spent will be a lot more exciting.
No, it doesn't, not always. There's 100's of strains that will wake you up and/or cause insomnia. Hazes especially and other sativa dominants.

No, it doesn't, not always. There's 100's of strains that will wake you up and/or cause insomnia. Hazes especially and other sativa dominants.

Wow. I didn't know this. It explains a few things.

I was in Amsterdam a few years ago. Walked into a coffee shop and asked for some. Then he reeled off a whole range of names. I thought it was just different flavours like wine coolers!
I was too embarrassed to ask! Felt like some kid walking into the news-stand and buying his first porn magazine for the first time. I am sure my voice even cracked as I answer the guy behind the counter!

Last night in Vegas about to head out to dinner. To say it is weird would be an understatement. No shows, no guys clapping strip club tickets on every corner, but masks are a must. Ive had my mask start coming down below my nose on occasion and they will ask you to adjust it. They don't play out here, I like that tho..... Im in the boat of better safe then sorry and I'll listen to people who got degrees in this shit.

The spa at the Venetian/Palazzo was sub par today, kinda like @McNutt76 would probably shoot at the gorgeous Wynn course out my bedroom window. Ill snap a photo before I leave in the morning.

Speaking of gorgeous.... Even tho she is a typical 21 year old nimrod and I mean dumber than rocks. She bangs like a 60s rock band my friends...
In room hut tub tonight after Dinner and craps, bought some bougie bath bombs and epson salts for it....

Like I said, born in Pakistan and full Afghani, only time Ive enjoyed such cultures. You like those fresh Andrew Davis boxers? Go hoosiers baby.

IMG-8717.jpg
IMG-8720.jpg

IMG-8715.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT