ADVERTISEMENT

Who here uses CBD gummies?

plaxico80

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2002
I ordered some for the recovery benefits after running/working out.

Just 10 mg.

What have your experiences been and what should I expect? I was a big weed smoker for MANY, MANY years but haven't partaken since probably around 2010.

Will it feel like I'm baked?

CBD is not the substance in MJ that gets you "baked". That would be THC.

Then again, there are no quality control standards, so the seller can put anything in there. Most likely you are buying expensive sugar pills.

My mother-in-law has a very bad back, and CBD oil helps her greatly, in her opinion.

Just 10 mg.

What have your experiences been and what should I expect? I was a big weed smoker for MANY, MANY years but haven't partaken since probably around 2010.

It shouldn't, unless they're labeled CBD but really aren't to try and be misleading. I've had gummies that were 10mg that did, but they were "regular" edibles from a legal dispensary in CO. I've not tried CBD gummies, but I've tried CBD oil orally for my knees. It might've helped a little, but I didn't find it substantial enough to justify the cost. I did just purchase some CBD ointment that I apply directly to my knee and I feel like it helps way more and I use it almost daily. CBD should be an anti-inflammatory and help with pain, but it's not supposed to have any intoxicating effect in my experience and understanding.

Just 10 mg.

Only losers smoke dope! I'm glad you stopped doing it.

Reactions: cryano

Just 10 mg.

No, you will not get a buzz from CBD. Stick with the THC it does same thing but with benefits. .

Only losers smoke dope! I'm glad you stopped doing it.

Jerry, CBD might do a world of good for your knees! But it just might make you crazy.....

er.

ReeferMadness-01.jpg

reefermadness_09.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavanagh
Jerry, CBD might do a world of good for your knees! But it just might make you crazy.....

er.
fwiw- Every living creature on the face of this planet was cannabinoid receptors. The receptors only accept cannabinoids. Why?

Where did you order from? I've heard that most of the CBD stuff sold.online like Groupon is fake and worthless. You need to buy from an actual dispensary.

Just 10 mg.

Here's what I ordered and I've been really happy with it so far. Topical, so you put it where you're in pain, so might not be what you're looking for if you were looking for just a pick me up. If that's the case, I think Dr TMP has the right prescription!

Amazon product ASIN B07HZ23PSS

fwiw- Every living creature on the face of this planet was cannabinoid receptors. The receptors only accept cannabinoids. Why?
There are natural endocannabinoids: N-arachidonoylethanolamide, 2-arachidonoyl glycerol, and anandamide. They don't produce euphoria, at least to the extent that THC does. The cannabinoid receptors seem to be important for regulating metabolism, endocrine functions, mood, and even reproductive health. They act as a rheostat for hormone levels.

Reactions: Cavanagh and T.M.P.
Just bought some gummies last night at Fresh Thyme grocery store in Rochester, MN. Haven’t tried them yet

Is it legal in MN now?

Must be. They had a huge selection of it. I am up here at Mayo and stumbled onto it last night. I told the lady I want some for anxiety and she pulled out a container of charlottes web that says calm on it. 60 gummies was like $45 so they are spendy.

Must be. They had a huge selection of it. I am up here at Mayo and stumbled onto it last night. I told the lady I want some for anxiety and she pulled out a container of charlottes web that says calm on it. 60 gummies was like $45 so they are spendy.

I've really liked the gummies. That's a bunch, I was thinking I'd paid about $15-20 for 10 that are 10mgs each. That's been a great dose for me. Nice buzz.

I've really liked the gummies. That's a bunch, I was thinking I'd paid about $15-20 for 10 that are 10mgs each. That's been a great dose for me. Nice buzz.
I was just at the holiday gas station and they 10 or so in a pack for $15 to $20 bucks. Gonna hit Fresh Thyme before I leave to stock up

I was just at the holiday gas station and they 10 or so in a pack for $15 to $20 bucks. Gonna hit Fresh Thyme before I leave to stock up

I looked them up and they are CBD and aren't supposed to be THC from how it looks. That's the Charlotte's Web ones Plax bought.

Reactions: plaxico80
I used it several times and it was amazing! The effect was so great and it helped me a lot to fight with my anxiety.

But what is the true story of the indica and sativa. Where did they originate? What were the first true strains?

But what is the true story of the indica and sativa. Where did they originate? What were the first true strains?

The first few episodes of Narcos Mexico do a good job of highlighting one of the big leaps forward in pot cultivation in the early 80s and I enjoyed it because I remember that transition from the leafy "brown pot" full of seeds and stems (Acapulco Gold and Panama Red, etc...) to sensamilla, which was the dense sticky green pot that became the standard from the early 80s on. The early pot I bought was $15 for an ounce, but as I said, the baggie was full of seeds and this is when you had the Cheech and Chong giant doobies and it was a pretty mild high. Then prices went up to $25-40 for a quarter ounce, but it was way more potent and you only needed a hit or two. The development of that is shown in the series, and I think is probably pretty factual. I never heard of indicas and sativas back then and I only started to hear about those in the last 10-15 years and I "smoke" (use more edibles now, if I do at all) so much less now, I haven't kept up with it. Legalization makes so much sense and will be complete nationally I would guess in the next 5-10 years. I only hope there continues to be a place for the small growers and sellers and it doesn't get overrun by big agri/pharma/finance.

I've enjoyed the series though so far. Season 2 was just released this year and I'm working my way through it on Netflix. Narcos I think focused on Columbia and cocaine, while Narcos Mexico begins with the Mexican Sinoloa cartel, but there is alot of crossover with the Columbians and cocaine, as they became the export and delivery vehicle into the states. So far, they are largely one of the "bad guys" in Narcos Mexico. Good series, worth a watch.

Will dogs be able to sniff them? Maybe I can ship it to my necks of the woods.

No idea overseas and with shipping, but I have often been told and believe it, that most dogs you see in airports are only trained to smell for explosives. The reasoning I was told is they don't want the dog to alert on you with a joint in your suitcase and let the terrorist behind get on the plane while the dog was distracted and dealing with you. I think that's largely true. It's possible I was once coming back from Denver and "accidentally" had some edibles in my bag. Got a little nervous when I saw a dog up ahead, but I didn't have much and had heard the explosives only thing, and proceeded. He didn't give me a second look, but it was a bit nerve-wracking.

I think within the US, pot is going to largely go the way of "don't ask, don't tell" until it's fully legal. No idea on international shipping though. Is it that hard to get where you are?

Reactions: sdhoosier
No idea overseas and with shipping, but I have often been told and believe it, that most dogs you see in airports are only trained to smell for explosives. The reasoning I was told is they don't want the dog to alert on you with a joint in your suitcase and let the terrorist behind get on the plane while the dog was distracted and dealing with you. I think that's largely true. It's possible I was once coming back from Denver and "accidentally" had some edibles in my bag. Got a little nervous when I saw a dog up ahead, but I didn't have much and had heard the explosives only thing, and proceeded. He didn't give me a second look, but it was a bit nerve-wracking.

I think within the US, pot is going to largely go the way of "don't ask, don't tell" until it's fully legal. No idea on international shipping though. Is it that hard to get where you are?

They hang people for distributing drugs here, granted it has to be like over 10grams.

Maybe I will do it after I move up north. Or if I get back to Stateside again. Half the family is in the Bay area...

Reactions: T.M.P.
I looked them up and they are CBD and aren't supposed to be THC from how it looks. That's the Charlotte's Web ones Plax bought.
I have these and they work for sleep. They do have melatonin in addition to plant based cannabinoids(cbd) which should be noted.

Almost anything that is available online for distribution, etc does not contain THC and will not get you high.

Google landrace strains and there is plenty of info. Some common ones you may have heard of on the Indica side are Hindu Kush and Afgani. Sativa = Acapulco Gold, Durban Poison, and Thai. Landrace strains are naturally occurring in various regions and have most likely never been crossbreed with other strains. They are considered original genetics. Over decades these genetics are crossbred many times to create an almost endless number of combinations/names that we have today. These landrace strains originate from various parts of the globe and can sometimes be named after the region. Afgani, Acapulco Gold = Mexico, Thai, Durban Poison = Africa, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: T.M.P.
Google landrace strains and there is plenty of info. Some common ones you may have heard of on the Indica side are Hindu Kush and Afgani. Sativa = Acapulco Gold, Durban Poison, and Thai. Original genetics come from landrace strains which are cross-bred for the almost endless combinations and names we have today. These landrace strains originate from various parts of the globe and can sometimes be named after the region. Afgani, Acapulco Gold = Mexico, Thai, Durban Poison = Africa, etc

Afghani is one of the only 100% sativas I’ve had. Awful I might add. Another was green crack, not a founding father strain, but holy shit it matched its name. Hindu Kush was a pure indica as well. The best indica I’ve ever had was a strain out of Colorado called cherry cola. Although Indiana bubblegum and some blueberry I had in Hs rivaled that. I’ve been on a 10 year hunt to find blueberry even close to what I had in HS with absolutely nothing close. Every so called blueberry strain I’ve had from countless states has been not in the ball park. At this point I wonder if the legend of the blueby is growing in my mind with each passing day.

Maybe you don't ..

I have had one afghani strand from one grower, or seed company over seas several different years. It was a 100% sativa, for sure. But I mean trusting these people with real strain names is nearly impossible. The whole industry has a horrible wrap because 90% of people involved are imbeciles.

I have had one afghani strand from one grower, or seed company over seas several different years. It was a 100% sativa, for sure. But I mean trusting these people with real strain names is nearly impossible. The whole industry has a horrible wrap because 90% of people involved are imbeciles.
Afghan strains, as far as I know, are all Indica. There are old world (Indo china/Africa) and new world (South/Central America) sativas. So it's possible that there's an Afghani Sativa, but it would not be the norm and probably rare. For Blueberry, you want something from the DJ Short line.. It's the original - the rest are copies.

Ever watch Strain Hunters on youtube?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT