ADVERTISEMENT

Who are your four championship teams?

With their qb issue, I don’t think fsu deserves a spot even if they win vs Lu’vul

Reactions: CraigHo
It’s tough. They started that game at #8. Does that game jump them into the top 4? Ohio State won’t make it, but their loss is better than Bama and Georgias. A possible 13-0 ACC team left out? Do they just say F-it and make it a 8 team tourney this year?
FSU on a 3rd string QB is probably the reason they get left out. Bama jumps because they're Bama and beat #1. I just have a feeling that FSU gets hosed and Saban slides in.

Washington
Michigan
Texas
Alabama

Florida State does not pass the eye test.

Michigan
Washington
Florida St
Liberty
All undefeated teams. Unfortunately, Liberty is undefeated in the wrong year.
Probably Texas at #4 but I could see them hosing Florida St and put in Alabama.

My god the ACC championship was annoying to watch

I get that ESPN has the CFP contract and ESPN is telling Tessitore to canvass for Bama

Every freaking play though he was bringing it up

Reactions: DANC
Will be

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Florida St

Should be

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

With their qb issue, I don’t think fsu deserves a spot even if they win vs Lu’vul
It doesn't work that way. You don't judge a team on their QB issues. You judge them on if they win or not, and their SOS and things of that nature. U don't leave out an undefeated power 5 conference champ, period. If they do, it's all rigged.

It doesn't work that way. You don't judge a team on their QB issues. You judge them on if they win or not, and their SOS and things of that nature. U don't leave out an undefeated power 5 conference champ, period. If they do, it's all rigged.
You can and should leave out an undefeated power 5 conference team that is clearly not a top four team in the country. Alabama is far, far better right now. And so is Georgia.

Reactions: kmathum
4 undefeated teams. No reason to assume Texas is better than Georgia or OSU. College football is so flawed.

Imagine Florida Atlantic or San Diego St. from last year's FF trying to argue their case to a football committee.

whoever it is there will be some serious "election was rigged" bitching

from the teams that get cut

The best four teams:
Alabama
Washington
Georgia
Michigan

The four teams that will be in the CFP:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Florida State
I think Texas is better than Washington but agree with everything else.

4 undefeated teams. No reason to assume Texas is better than Georgia or OSU. College football is so flawed.

Imagine Florida Atlantic or San Diego St. from last year's FF trying to argue their case to a football committee.
Mid majors upset P5 programs all the time in the dance. Almost never happens in the football playoffs.

I think, based on nothing, they put Florida State in. To me, obviously they're not one of the top four. But, they do still have a good defense, and haven't lost, so...

Then it's Bama or Texas, I think they'll put in Texas, Who beat Bama and is playing well.
I don't like the 'they beat xxxx so deserve to be in over them' because my retort is "then outside of head to head they lost one more game against weaker opposition didn't they? But, I am happy for bama not to be in if it happens. I think Texas gets in.

The team I think is weaker, is Washington. Their schedule wasn't tough and they struggled a couple games, but got it together in those games enough to win. Of course they could beat anybody, with Penix and that offense, a tough out. Obviously they are in, I'm just skeptical.

If FSU is correctly out, then Alabama over Georgia due to recency. Even though Georgia is good enough to win it all if they get in.

I think, based on nothing, they put Florida State in. To me, obviously they're not one of the top four. But, they do still have a good defense, and haven't lost, so...

Then it's Bama or Texas, I think they'll put in Texas, Who beat Bama and is playing well.
I don't like the 'they beat xxxx so deserve to be in over them' because my retort is "then outside of head to head they lost one more game against weaker opposition didn't they? But, I am happy for bama not to be in if it happens. I think Texas gets in.

The team I think is weaker, is Washington. Their schedule wasn't tough and they struggled a couple games, but got it together in those games enough to win. Of course they could beat anybody, with Penix and that offense, a tough out. Obviously they are in, I'm just skeptical.

If FSU is correctly out, then Alabama over Georgia due to recency. Even though Georgia is good enough to win it all if they get in.
Their schedule wasn’t tough? The PAC 12 was the best and deepest conference in the country this year. They beat Oregon twice, once at Autzen (right?).

Their schedule wasn’t tough? The PAC 12 was the best and deepest conference in the country this year. They beat Oregon twice, once at Autzen (right?).
I just looked through their schedule. Looks like pure crap to me. I'd bet good money that even OSU would run a train on Washington.

The top 5 teams are UM, Bama, Texas, Georgia, and OSU in no particular order. Probably a fairly sizeable drop off from the #5 to #6 team.

Last edited:
Oregon was their tough game.

No, overall the schedule wasn't as tough as other top teams.

USC was tailor made for them with that weak defense. Defense looked like Indiana against Illinois at times.

Should be:

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Texas

They're all conference champions and I think that champions should usually be in over non-champions. This year, these four teams are deserving conference champions. Of course, we have 5 power five conferences, and one has to be left out. This year, that's Florida State. If Louisville won, they'd be out too.

Reactions: 4th&short
I believe their back up was held out of their game vs Louisville for concussion protocol. He will be available for their next game. so i say 13-0 they are in.

Oregon was their tough game.

No, overall the schedule wasn't as tough as other top teams.

USC was tailor made for them with that weak defense. Defense looked like Indiana against Illinois at times.
Now do Texas.

Now do Alabama.

Now do Georgia.

Don’t base it off of brand names and historical success. Look at Ranked wins, and where the games were played.

Reactions: dr.jb and midwolfe
Just to show how broken this whole thing is and always was, I saw someone advocating for Georgia to be included because they are back to back champions. Like previous seasons should have a bearing on this season. You don't have a real championship unless it's one you earn your way into.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT