ADVERTISEMENT

White Sox get Todd Frazier from Reds...

I hate this fire sale the Reds are doing, but I hope all these young prospects develop into something. I feel like they're where teams like the Astros and Cubs were a few years ago.

Silver lining, it will be even easier to get good seats at Reds' games this year.

Phillips going to be next.

Reds are starting over. From the very bottom. Guess they looked at the state of te division and decided to skip a few years.
yep...I was talking with my son about the impending fire sale the other day. Having spent the last 7 years in the DC area where we went to a handful of Nationals games every year (usually one-to-two games when the Reds were in town) he asked me if it was alright if he started rooting for the Nationals.

I told him he has to stick with his team, but the news about Frazier coupled with the possibility of Brandon Phillips going to the Nationals might push him over the edge.

I hate this fire sale the Reds are doing, but I hope all these young prospects develop into something. I feel like they're where teams like the Astros and Cubs were a few years ago.

Silver lining, it will be even easier to get good seats at Reds' games this year.

Yeah. At least IU/Colts/Cubs fans had something going on this year.

Me, being IU/Colts/Reds.....totally F'd.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson

Frazier had to go. They need more prospect talent, and he's one of the very few guys they have who is good, young, and inexpensive. Every other trade piece is missing one, two, or three of those qualities. That said, I'm not sure whether this was the best return they could have gotten for him, particularly given it doesn't involve any pitching, which Cincy sorely needs.

Frazier had to go. They need more prospect talent, and he's one of the very few guys they have who is good, young, and inexpensive. Every other trade piece is missing one, two, or three of those qualities. That said, I'm not sure whether this was the best return they could have gotten for him, particularly given it doesn't involve any pitching, which Cincy sorely needs.

They have gotten a metric shit-ton of pitching from their trades with Miami, San Francisco and Kansas City. They just have to develop it. They are completely short on bats throughout the farm system, however, which is why they did this trade. They botched this trade, imho.

Reactions: Bligedy
So the Chapman trade was scuttled by his domestic violence charge, right?

So they'll get nothing for him, he'll get suspended for part of next year, then they will lose him for good for nothing. That would suck.

So the Chapman trade was scuttled by his domestic violence charge, right?

So they'll get nothing for him, he'll get suspended for part of next year, then they will lose him for good for nothing. That would suck.

They will get an end of first round pick for him more than likely, which is probably more a better return then they will get after that news broke.

Apparently besides allegedly choking the girlfriend, he fired 8 rounds from a gun during the dispute.

A bunch of minor leaguers as part of trade.

Dodgers also involved.
Reds are a mess! Got very little back for his production. I'm not unhappy they traded him, they needed to, but it's still a bad trade. Reds are gonna be bad for a couple years anyway.

Reds are a mess! Got very little back for his production. I'm not unhappy they traded him, they needed to, but it's still a bad trade. Reds are gonna be bad for a couple years anyway.
Yep, they'll be bad for sure, but my hope is that they develop some of this young talent and they're on the KC/Cubs/Astros track in a few years.

Yep, they'll be bad for sure, but my hope is that they develop some of this young talent and they're on the KC/Cubs/Astros track in a few years.
I think that's their plan. We shall see what they draft this season in terms of prospects. They have several high picks. They need position players badly. Pitching will be fine in a couple seasons.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT