ADVERTISEMENT

Where are you cutting back?

It's actually 100% legal.

I believe it's because these apps don't store any content, they are web scraping apps that search for feeds from the public domain.

Unlike a Napster, limewire etc which was file sharing...there is none of that. With these apps you search for say '2000 mules' and it will come back with available streams that are out there.

It's more like owning one of those giant satellite dishes back in the day and finding the west coast feed.

Sports are a good example. There are web scraping apps that I can search for say the Reds and Guardians baseball game and I'll typically get three to four feeds that are available from the reds side and Clevelands side.

The moral question obviously is there, as currently most premium stuff is out in the public domain for this app to find and available to the user.

I justify by comparing it to the Spotify model. You buy the device (in this case the Amazon fire stick) and it's the stick that lets you use these web scraping apps.

I figured in a thread about saving some money it was pertinent.

https://parsons-technology.com/what... is a very,talented individual named Teru Pen.

From the link. Keep in mind there are a ton of webscrapers like Cinema HD. The developers of this specific and very popular one aren't updating it anymore so it will eventually die off:

'Although it is free, Cinema HD APK is a very safe application. It doesn’t have any malicious bugs that harm your device. Moreover, the content here is completely legal, therefore you don’t have to worry about getting tangled in any legal issues. Cinema HD V2 was developed by a very talented individual named Teru Penn'
Tommy C. Rockstar. Progressive. Life Hack. Tune in. Tuesday's on the Tok

Tommy C. Rockstar. Progressive. Life Hack. Tune in. Tuesday's on the Tok
I hope you'll be a recurring featured guest or even co host! Talk band shit, sports, music, cooking, traveling, sports, business, legal, beer, shitting tips and tricks, parenting, pets, and maybe some politics if we need to increase our subscribers.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I have never been….and I’m never going.
You guys can have my place in line.
Yep... standing in long lines and feeling like I'm a sardine because there are so many people is NOT my idea of fun. I'm more of a nature person and like to be outside but each to their/his/her own.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I want to go to a mountain town this summer that is walkable and just stay there the entire time. I've driven around CO enough. What's the best one for an 11 yr old @CO.Hoosier. I want to fly right in. Anywhere west really. Mountains. Cool town. No driving. Easy
Vail, Breckenridge, Estes Park.... on and on. But I would want a car. My wife is from CO so we used to be out there every day and have driven all over the state. There are so many beautiful places to see. Another good place to go is the Canadian Rockies.... Banff area. Of course you'll need a car theree.

Yeah, I want to do a West trip when our youngest gets a little older. When I was younger we did a trip out to Montana where we stopped at the badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and Little Bighorn along the way. Then we did Yellowstone. That was a cool trip where you got to see some stuff that is pretty unique.
People who have never been west don't realize what that are missing. We've been to about all the national parks or at least the major ones. We loved Alaska and would always recommend it as a destination. We've been 4 times and would like to go back again.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Telluride is very picturesque. Walkable. Not sure how an 11-year-old would like it. But would be easy adult hang-out place. Stay away from blue-grass festival. Beaver Creek would be a good sit and veg place too.
We went to Telluride when it was just a hole in the wall. We were driving up the road to Telluride and went around a bend and the road was filled with sheep because they were moving them to a different grazing area so we just had to sit there as the sheep went by us on both sides of the car.

There is a beautiful waterfall there (Bridal Veil ??). It may have been commercialized by now because we were there back in the 80s.

Reactions: DANC
Down? Not seeing sales drop. Market has gone from insane, crazy hot to just hot. Most things still go pending within the first week. But I sense a lot of the bidding wars have lessened. Which is natural with mortgage rates moving up by 2% in the last two months.

Also less than desirable homes are lingering on the market a while longer now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
Vail, Breckenridge, Estes Park.... on and on. But I would want a car. My wife is from CO so we used to be out there every day and have driven all over the state. There are so many beautiful places to see. Another good place to go is the Canadian Rockies.... Banff area. Of course you'll need a car theree.

People who have never been west don't realize what that are missing. We've been to about all the national parks or at least the major ones. We loved Alaska and would always recommend it as a destination. We've been 4 times and would like to go back again.
No I know. I've done all that. This is a super short trip not a driving around. A destination trip

For those interested, Hollywood made a movie sequel to McM's summer childhood vacation:

As as aside, we need more of these campy horror flicks. Sharknado tried but it wasn't trying to be serious.

Also, they went on to make Alligator II

My fav part of these two is they are completely unrelated to Gator (starring the duo of Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed who would go on to star in one of the movies of my young life, Smokey and the Bandit, one year later).

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
As as aside, we need more of these campy horror flicks. Sharknado tried but it wasn't trying to be serious.

My fav part of these two is they are completely unrelated to Gator (starring the duo of Burt Reynolds and Jerry Reed who would go on to star in one of the movies of my young life, Smokey and the Bandit, one year later).
That are pg 13

Reactions: larsIU

Speaking of campy Hollywood my stoker told me last night that Zac effron is in a new movie and that he put an end to dad bods. Dad bods are out now. This is hot dad summer. I told her it's pretty late notice. It's off to a rough start

Speaking of campy Hollywood my stoker told me last night that Zac effron is in a new movie and that he put an end to dad bods. Dad bods are out now. This is hot dad summer. I told her it's pretty late notice. It's off to a rough start
My favorite part of losing weight at my age is yes, there is less of me, but I don't really look better.

Then again, I never looked like Zac Efron. Maybe as a baby.....

I'm pretty sure dad bods were never "in."

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
I know a lot here are quite well off and not bothered with inflation but just wondered what regular people are cutting out.

We’ve finally gotten to the point of being squeezed. We have cut eating out drastically. Once a week max. Usually Friday night Mexican takeout. Also didn’t renew my Colts tickets. Really a good excuse as I really didn’t like going anymore. Our annual Fall Break is looking iffy as well. Would rather save the money for a rainy day.

I don’t really know how the middle class is handling this. Credit card debt I assume.
I've stopped buying masks and hand sanitizer.

Most people on this board do quite well financially so I would not say it is very good gauge of reality in the real world as most can handle high inflation. Only 30 percent of households actually make over 100k and most on this board fall into that category. Most regular middle and lower middle class people are struggling. Retailers are really starting to see it as well. The pain is real.

Results: Target earnings tumbled to $2.19 a share. Revenue rose 4% to $25.17 billion. Same-store sales climbed 3.3%, in-store comps up 3.4% and digital store comps up 3.2%.

Target blamed the profit shortfall on higher freight costs as well as bigger markdowns and weaker-than-expected sales of bigger-ticket discretionary items such as TVs. The markdowns and shift from discretionary items could be a consumer reaction to rising inflation, which is outpacing wages significantly.

Target stock plunged 25% to below 162 in the stock market today, hitting an 18-month low. That's after retreating 1.4% on Tuesday in sympathy with Walmart earnings. Shares had been in a cup-with-handle base with a 254.97 buy point.

Most people on this board do quite well financially so I would not say it is very good gauge of reality in the real world as most can handle high inflation. Only 30 percent of households actually make over 100k and most on this board fall into that category. Most regular middle and lower middle class people are struggling. Retailers are really starting to see it as well. The pain is real.

Results: Target earnings tumbled to $2.19 a share. Revenue rose 4% to $25.17 billion. Same-store sales climbed 3.3%, in-store comps up 3.4% and digital store comps up 3.2%.

Target blamed the profit shortfall on higher freight costs as well as bigger markdowns and weaker-than-expected sales of bigger-ticket discretionary items such as TVs. The markdowns and shift from discretionary items could be a consumer reaction to rising inflation, which is outpacing wages significantly.

Target stock plunged 25% to below 162 in the stock market today, hitting an 18-month low. That's after retreating 1.4% on Tuesday in sympathy with Walmart earnings. Shares had been in a cup-with-handle base with a 254.97 buy point.
This is dependent on where you live but what income level would you consider middle class?

I have lived well below my means for a long, long time. When realtors asked my salary and then said how much house I can buy, I told them they were crazy. When car dealers asked my salary and then said how fancy a car I can buy, I told them they were crazy. Kids graduated college and a 15-year mortgage was paid off in time.

We drive beaters, cook our own meals 95% of the time, are not rich, but are not poor either. My commute is under 6 miles each way, so gas prices have not affected me much. I do try to reduce trips. For example combining grocery / home depot / FedEx stops into one trip rather than three. And groceries are higher, so we look for buy one/get one sales more consistently. The cost of my wife having to fly every other month to take care of her mother has gone up dramatically. But that's about it.
We are doing pretty much the same. We intentionally do things in one trip when we can. We are going on vacation next month for two weeks instead of one because I get four weeks vacation a year and usually take a week at a time. This is to save money going from Pennsylvania to Indiana two times a year doing two week vacations instead of spreading it out over four.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The ideal is Florida October-May and (Maine, New Hampshire, or Michigan UP) April-September.

Though Mays are getting hotter. Too many 90 degree days already.
You’re right, Florida in May & October is great. For years I did two weeks in Naples every May and October.

“Target warns profit will drop because it has too much stuff”

Over ordering during CoViD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT