ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time IU was a 3.5 pt underdog to Top 10 team?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
It is homecoming and the game is not yet sold out. If it is ABC does that mean there is no local coverage?

They'll be fortunate to have 40,000 people there Saturday.

Those "upper level" tickets are actually pretty good seats.

I've sat in sections all over that stadium over the past 50 years and never had a bad view.

Even got stuck in those offset corner end zone seats a few years back and had a surprisingly good view of the field. It was almost like they were running the plays right at you.

If our "fans" don't show up for this one I sure don't want to read any more of that "we don't go because we don't schedule "interesting" games against top 10 teams..."

Same goes for the tailgaters who won't come inside...

Here in Omaha they were saying it looks like about 45,000 seats sold so far.

I'm guessing at around 47,000 sold so far but that's just a guess.

I do know the tickets avaliable map has fewer tickets left than I've seen all year.

Looking at that map there are still some good seats left in the upper W stands.

No.

The seating capacity is just a few under 53,000. We could probably hit 53200 + with standing room only, but that's not likely.

If people realize that the weather will be perfect,and that this could easily be a 4th quarter nail biter, we should see the walk up sales push the attendance to 50,000.

If we don't hit that number, many IU fans will lose the right to legitimately ever complain about anything football related ever again (IMO)!

No.

The seating capacity is just a few under 53,000. We could probably hit 53200 + with standing room only, but that's not likely.

If people realize that the weather will be perfect,and that this could easily be a 4th quarter nail biter, we should see the walk up sales push the attendance to 50,000.

If we don't hit that number, many IU fans will lose the right to legitimately ever complain about anything football related ever again (IMO)!

Ah, sorry, I thought I heard it was 63K

I think someone mentioned this before but do the students and the greeks usually attend after pregaming at their tailgates or is part of the problem that they don't come in?

They appear to be doing much, much better this year.

In the past, they came late, if at all, and left early.

If the M$U game is any indication they'll be there in force.

They, hopefully, appear to have gone from a problem to a strength.

That's bull.

Just by looking at the avaliable tickets map they've already sold well over 45,000.

Always hoping for the worst for us aren't you.
I'm fairly new to the board. Most posters strike me as knowledgeable and respectful. At first I thought KC's antics were just a shtick, but now I believe he's simply a cranky old guy with a bit too much time on his hands who likes to pick fights (anonymously and from a distance, of course). He could probably benefit from a diversion - - a day at The Spa, perhaps.

But I digress. Back to the substance of the thread. With good weather on Saturday, I think we'll be looking at attendance just a tad under 50k. Go IU.

I'm fairly new to the board. Most posters strike me as knowledgeable and respectful. At first I thought KC's antics were just a shtick, but now I believe he's simply a cranky old guy with a bit too much time on his hands who likes to pick fights (anonymously and from a distance, of course). He could probably benefit from a diversion - - a day at The Spa, perhaps.

But I digress. Back to the substance of the thread. With good weather on Saturday, I think we'll be looking at attendance just a tad under 50k. Go IU.
I posted my thoughts on attendance based upon tickets sold as well as a long history of well known support issues related to IU football.

You're welcome to take issue with either of those points, but ignorantly referring to me as another poster (I've been called Spa, Ordfan, an OSU fan and a Purdue backer very recently by various fans in response to posts they were not able to persuasively argue against.) If you want to try what they haven't, I would be thrilled. But I doubt you will be any different.

Because we have yet to play one another since our acceptance in the B1G, are any of you expecting a larger crowd than normal because it's Nebraska, or is it going to be business as usual? I know we travel well and figured we will bring around 5-7k. Could be more if the Chicago area road trips... Hope you guys sell out.

It's going to be cool for this fan to see another sea of red on TV, outside of our own Memorial Stadium. Best of luck the rest of the way no matter the outcome!

Reactions: IUcolorado
I refuse to believe that the stadium capacity will be anything below 90-95% full on Saturday. There is absolutely no reason the students will not show up for a 3:30 kick time in full force. This is the highest amount of hype going into a football game in a long time at IU, probably since the 2007 Purdue game. I also feel it will be critical to win a big game like this to keep attendance up for the rest of the season.

Can you see the tailgating from the stadium? Or I guess can you hear the PA announcer during the game if you are at the tailgate spots?

They should really run some promotions or something. $65 for an upper level ticket? No thank you. I was actually giving strong consideration to attending.
This is ridiculous. $65 for an upper level IUFB ticket? And people wonder why we can't sell tickets? Those should be $30. Get people in the stands and start winning these games!

I refuse to believe that the stadium capacity will be anything below 90-95% full on Saturday. There is absolutely no reason the students will not show up for a 3:30 kick time in full force. This is the highest amount of hype going into a football game in a long time at IU, probably since the 2007 Purdue game. I also feel it will be critical to win a big game like this to keep attendance up for the rest of the season.
I hope you're right but I doubt it. I'd say 40k max show up, or about 70% of capacity. We'll see.

They should really run some promotions or something. $65 for an upper level ticket? No thank you. I was actually giving strong consideration to attending.
I saw and ad for "seats as low as $52". I don't know how much we paid as my wife buys all the tickets.

I remember an old promotion that included 2 tickets and some refreshments for $40 or $50. we did that a few times.

While the Michigan State game was a great win, I think many people's initial thought is that Michigan State is really down this year. That was true back in 87-88 too then IU was knocking off Michigan and Ohio State. And if IU beat Nebraska the thoughts will likely be more of the same. But that would still be the best thing that has happened to IU football in almost 30 years.

Use the promo code RAISETHEFLAG. $49

See the quote above

$49 if you use the promo code RAISETHEFLAG

Personally, I'd do things partially the old fashioned way:
First, I'd go to the IU official site (already linked in one of the threads) and check seat avaliablity, then I'd go old school and just call them, buy the tickets, and pick them up at the "Will Call" booth.
I'd still try to use the promo code over the phone (have no idea if they'll honor it off-line).

Well, it's being shouted on the twitterverse that our alumni are calling for the Husker fans to wear black which only half of them probably will. The other half that don't should bleed nicely in with your crowd.

Well, it's being shouted on the twitterverse that our alumni are calling for the Husker fans to wear black which only half of them probably will. The other half that don't should bleed nicely in with your crowd.

Well that certainly won't assure you of a warm reception anywhere in Bloomington.

Black attire is a pu outfit.

If want any respect just wear something that says Nebraska, otherwise you'll probably just be mistaken for a pu fan who wants to see what a real football game looks like...;)

This is ridiculous. $65 for an upper level IUFB ticket? And people wonder why we can't sell tickets? Those should be $30. Get people in the stands and start winning these games!
I'm poor white trash that needs to justify every dollar spent, and the only way I can afford to go to IU football games is when I'm someones guest or I get comped tickets through work. I suspect there are a lot of fans like me out there. There's gotta be a way to get asses in the seats cheaper without p1ssing off those who pay full sticker, but I'll be damned if I can think of what it would be.

See the quote above

$49 if you use the promo code RAISETHEFLAG

Personally, I'd do things partially the old fashioned way:
First, I'd go to the IU official site (already linked in one of the threads) and check seat avaliablity, then I'd go old school and just call them, buy the tickets, and pick them up at the "Will Call" booth.
I'd still try to use the promo code over the phone (have no idea if they'll honor it off-line).
Do you have good seats for Saturday?

Well that certainly won't assure you of a warm reception anywhere in Bloomington.

Black attire is a pu outfit.

If want any respect just wear something that says Nebraska, otherwise you'll probably just be mistaken for a pu fan who wants to see what a real football game looks like...;)
Uh, the Husker defense has long been known as the "Black Shirts", which is often why their fans will go with that look on the road.

While the Michigan State game was a great win, I think many people's initial thought is that Michigan State is really down this year. That was true back in 87-88 too then IU was knocking off Michigan and Ohio State. And if IU beat Nebraska the thoughts will likely be more of the same. But that would still be the best thing that has happened to IU football in almost 30 years.
Well then our fans are morons.

No, they are not morons. It means that IU fans are tired. Not too many of them recall the Rose Bowl berth 49 years ago. They have seen this movie too many times before. And many of them are justifiably skeptical. They want to see it before they believe it. How else can one explain that this is not a sell-out? I am not going to blame the fans. Nor will I insult them.

At other schools alumni will pay for season tickets during a down era because they don't want to get bumped onto a waiting list or end up with the upper level corner of the stadium seats.

Winning changes everything.

No, they are not morons. It means that IU fans are tired. Not too many of them recall the Rose Bowl berth 49 years ago. They have seen this movie too many times before. And many of them are justifiably skeptical. They want to see it before they believe it. How else can one explain that this is not a sell-out? I am not going to blame the fans. Nor will I insult them.

At other schools alumni will pay for season tickets during a down era because they don't want to get bumped onto a waiting list or end up with the upper level corner of the stadium seats.

Very well said. Worse are those fans who have become indifferent or even derisive toward the program, having invested far too much in time, money and emotion and receiving mostly unrealized promises and disappointment in return.

I agree that some of the luster is gone from the MSU win after their home loss to BYU the following weekend. Still, they are the defending B1G champs, and they were nationally ranked when we beat them, so I'll take it. If we're able to knock off Nebraska, I don't think any knowledgeable fan would spin that as evidence of Nebraska being down this year. In fact, they've been down for years, but the 6-7 record last year was deceptive (they were in virtually every game they lost, and they beat Michigan State as well as UCLA in a California bowl game), and many expected big things from them this season. Bottom line: they're undefeated and in the Top 10 nationally. If we beat them, no one I know will interpret that as Nebraska being down - - it'll mean IU has arrived.

You just said if we beat Nebraska, then people will spin that as an excuse to still not go. That is an astronomically stupid attitude. I know people want winning. That WOULD BE WINNING.

I don't know the answer but probably the biggest factor is how many people don't trust the Huskers ranking right now. A bit of it is respect for IU but I think most of it is disrespect for NEB.

You just said if we beat Nebraska, then people will spin that as an excuse to still not go. That is an astronomically stupid attitude. I know people want winning. That WOULD BE WINNING.

What is Nebraska's big win this year? Oregon? They have lost their last 4 games including having Washington drop 70 points on them last week. 1 win 5 loss Fresno State? 4-2 Wyoming - with their other loss to Eastern Michigan? Northwestern? Illinois? There are just as many questions about Nebraska as about Indiana.

I said that if IU beats Nebraska people will look at Nebraska being overrated. And I also said it would be the best thing to IU in almost 30 years. And that is my speculation of why the game is not sold out.

Do you have a better idea?

I'm poor white trash that needs to justify every dollar spent, and the only way I can afford to go to IU football games is when I'm someones guest or I get comped tickets through work. I suspect there are a lot of fans like me out there. There's gotta be a way to get asses in the seats cheaper without p1ssing off those who pay full sticker, but I'll be damned if I can think of what it would be.
Are you able to attend? Shoot me an email......dianded12@gmail.com thx

Down to 3 now. Running quarterbacks have been our Achilles heel the past several seasons. If we keep a lid on Armstrong I like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT