ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time they went to the monitor

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
and something positive happened for IU. Going back to Xs nut exam at Rutgers I think ever monitor decision has gone against us. and they are taking way too much time on these decisions. something else interesting Hummel said the refs are supposed to aggressively call plays like Wares goaltending because they can always reverse it if they miss the call. that's bullshit because then they come back there wasn't indisputable evidence.

It’s the only way to call it. If it’s obvious or questionable, they’ve got to stop action. Questionable, they review. Can’t really wait until a dead ball. The BS comes into play when they literally call it a goaltending every time because it’s not clear and obvious that it wasn’t. Penalizes Ware (and IU) over and over.

The one last night was egregious. He blocked it a good 2 - 2.5 feet in front of the rim. If it was coming down, there’s no way it would have made it to the basket. AND the whistle cost Galloway a breakaway and 4 point lead with 1:30 left. That was a killer. Went from 4 up to even because of bad officiating. In almost every road game since Woody got here, that’s a recipe for a loss.

Currently watching a replay of the game on Peacock now.

They just finished with the five minute review of the Sparks F1.

If that was an F1 by Sparks..... then Edey should have six F1's called against him every single game!!!!!!!!

Currently watching a replay of the game on Peacock now.

They just finished with the five minute review of the Sparks F1.

If that was an F1 by Sparks..... then Edey should have six F1's called against him every single game!!!!!!!!
And you're ejected after 2, so would be something to see!

and something positive happened for IU. Going back to Xs nut exam at Rutgers I think ever monitor decision has gone against us. and they are taking way too much time on these decisions. something else interesting Hummel said the refs are supposed to aggressively call plays like Wares goaltending because they can always reverse it if they miss the call. that's bullshit because then they come back there wasn't indisputable evidence.
Ware's block looks like goal tending because he looked to have almost caught and threw it. The pause in the ball's flight while in his hand fooled them.

I have always wondered, on the blocks that are swatted into the stands, couldn’t they have grabbed the ball and made it a turnover?
I really do not like the delays in all of the reviews. I am likely alone, but I can live with ref errors. Coaches make mistakes, players miss shots and drop passes, refs error as well. Part of the game.

Reactions: ams66
I have always wondered, on the blocks that are swatted into the stands, couldn’t they have grabbed the ball and made it a turnover?
I really do not like the delays in all of the reviews. I am likely alone, but I can live with ref errors. Coaches make mistakes, players miss shots and drop passes, refs error as well. Part of the game.
I agree. I think reviews can be helpful in certain situations but they do too many and they take too long. On balance I'd rather not have them at all than what we have lately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT