ADVERTISEMENT

When was the last time IU was 4-2 with a chance to bowl???

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I love some continuity, we should be starting again next year or the next........dws

looks like the jack@ss has decided to come back now that IU dropped a couple. Welcome back jack@ss, we sure did miss you. Just kidding. We really didn't miss you.

looks like the jack@ss has decided to come back now that IU dropped a couple. Welcome back jack@ss, we sure did miss you. Just kidding. We really didn't miss you.
Well look, a little pu$$y , been here all along, good and bad......LOL

Same record, yes. But the similarities stop there.

So do you hope to see the 1-5 finish like that group had?
Yes he does, he'd rather be proven right than have IU succeed

It was the same thing with Mike Davis. He didn't want him fired and ever since then has spewed more venom towards IU than any PU fan ever could

He only shows up after losses, so let's get back to winning:)

Looks like we've been here before, doesn't it?
Yup, difference being our wins came over opponents with a record of 3-20 to this point in the season, our current wins have come over teams with a combined record of 13-10 to this point. Competition matters, while we didn't have the toughest out of conference schedule , it was much better than 2010. Why don't we see how the rest of the season plays out, we get NS and JH back and this team likely bowls, without them, we are in trouble.

Same record, yes. But the similarities stop there.

So do you hope to see the 1-5 finish like that group had?
Hope, certainly not, if you've followed my infrequent posts, I have been positive, not overly hyped like some on here...."great o line" " etc etc......

It was the same thing with Mike Davis. He didn't want him fired and ever since then has spewed more venom towards IU than any PU fan ever could

You're obviously a liar, been here every game win or lose.....Davis didn't get fired, LOL......

You've already proved you know little about sports, keep it up.
Obvious that I know far more than you do if you really thought that Lynch was a good coach. Just look at the roster today and just look on the field and you actually see a team that looks like a big ten team. I have followed IU sports for over 40 years and Lynch was by far the worst coach we have had here.

Reactions: JCHoosier
Obvious that I know far more than you do if you really thought that Lynch was a good coach. Just look at the roster today and just look on the field and you actually see a team that looks like a big ten team. I have followed IU sports for over 40 years and Lynch was by far the worst coach we have had here.
You could follow IU sports for 100 years and still not know much, that's obvious. I look at the roster, and see some very good talent, and a record that shows we don't have a coach that is utillizing it .....let's see if we win another game, it's gonna be tough to do..

You could follow IU sports for 100 years and still not know much, that's obvious. I look at the roster, and see some very good talent, and a record that shows we don't have a coach that is utillizing it .....let's see if we win another game, it's gonna be tough to do..
I would take my sports knowledge against yours any day of the week especially college basketball. I would say that we have a pretty good chance to win 3 more Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue especially if Sudfeld and Howard come back healthy. I am not saying Wilson is a great coach but he does have IU football program the best I have seen it since Mallory's good years.

RU Has gone bowling 9 x's in last 10 years:

December 27, 2005 Insight Bowl Arizona State L 45–40
December 28, 2006 Texas Bowl Kansas State W 37–10
January 5, 2008 International Bowl Ball State W 52–30
December 29, 2008 PapaJohns.com Bowl North Carolina State W 29–23
December 19, 2009 St. Petersburg Bowl Central Florida W 45–24
December 30, 2011 New Era Pinstripe Bowl Iowa State W 27–13
December 28, 2012 Russell Athletic Bowl Virginia Tech L 13–10 OT
December 28, 2013 New Era Pinstripe Bowl Notre Dame L 29–16
December 26, 2014 Quick Lane Bowl North Carolina W 40–21

It's fun to be there and earn it! My favorite was playing ND in NY...

I would take my sports knowledge against yours any day of the week especially college basketball. I would say that we have a pretty good chance to win 3 more Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue especially if Sudfeld and Howard come back healthy. I am not saying Wilson is a great coach but he does have IU football program the best I have seen it since Mallory's good years.
My dad is bigger and badder than your dad!! Lol.

Reactions: Cougar1
RU Has gone bowling 9 x's in last 10 years:

December 27, 2005 Insight Bowl Arizona State L 45–40
December 28, 2006 Texas Bowl Kansas State W 37–10
January 5, 2008 International Bowl Ball State W 52–30
December 29, 2008 PapaJohns.com Bowl North Carolina State W 29–23
December 19, 2009 St. Petersburg Bowl Central Florida W 45–24
December 30, 2011 New Era Pinstripe Bowl Iowa State W 27–13
December 28, 2012 Russell Athletic Bowl Virginia Tech L 13–10 OT
December 28, 2013 New Era Pinstripe Bowl Notre Dame L 29–16
December 26, 2014 Quick Lane Bowl North Carolina W 40–21

It's fun to be there and earn it! My favorite was playing ND in NY...
That's good stuff. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

What was your opinion of HEP? He called Bill Lynch the biggest catch he ever got. I'm not trying to argue the point but HEP believed in him and he certainly knew more about coaching football than I do and, I suspect, you also.

What was your opinion of HEP? He called Bill Lynch the biggest catch he ever got. I'm not trying to argue the point but HEP believed in him and he certainly knew more about coaching football than I do and, I suspect, you also.

I'd say that Lynch is a good "coach" and a good OC, however, just not a D1 head coach which requires a lot more than the ability to "coach." He's had success at Butler before and Depauw now as a head coach, and the offenses under his tenure were generally respectable at IU. The biggest problem with his time at IU was low talent level and the defensive staff that Hep assembled. That defensive staff could MAYBE have been salvageable under Hep's since that was his side of the ball and could have helped mentor them, but they were a complete mess for Lynch.

Reactions: Iamhoosier
I think Lynch probably made a good assistant coach but I don't think he had what it takes to be a good Head Coach. there are plenty examples in the NFL where guys had great careers as assistant coaches who totally flamed out as head Coaches, Ex. Norve Turner

Reactions: Iamhoosier

In all fairness, if he only showed up after losses, he'd be here much more often than he actually is.

This board really loves the "we may not win another game" thing, doesn't it? We're 4-2. Are you suggesting that we "should've" beaten PSU and OSU, who are a combined 11-1? If only we would've outcoached 'em, right?

If for some reason NS and JH's ankle sprains turn into season ending injuries, then sure, we could lose out. But since that won't happen, RU, Maryland, and PU look to be games in our favor, at the very least.

I do suggest we should have beaten PSU, yep.........and if we don't beat RU, Maryland or PU, at the very least, it could be coaching.

I do suggest we should have beaten PSU, yep.........and if we don't beat RU, Maryland or PU, at the very least, it could be coaching.

While I think had we been healthy, we would have had a very good chance to beat PSU, but to say its a game we should have won is a little much, as it was a road game against a very good defense. To me, that's a game only top 10 caliber teams can EXPECT to win.

While I think had we been healthy, we would have had a very good chance to beat PSU, but to say its a game we should have won is a little much, as it was a road game against a very good defense. To me, that's a game only top 10 caliber teams can EXPECT to win.
Seeing as how our previous coaches have won there so frequently..... Oh wait

Then please help me understand why it is universally acknowledged that the talent level has increased significantly yet the results are no better? I'm not waving the flag for Lynch since I think IU should have conducted a search and hired someone else following his interim season, but the on field results don't track with the supposedly upgraded roster. Curious how you or anyone else can explain this.

Then please help me understand why it is universally acknowledged that the talent level has increased significantly yet the results are no better? I'm not waving the flag for Lynch since I think IU should have conducted a search and hired someone else following his interim season, but the on field results don't track with the supposedly upgraded roster. Curious how you or anyone else can explain this.

Take a look the opponents we were beating under Lynch. Lots of 1-3 win MAC teams. The schedule has been significantly upgraded since Lynch. While not amazing wins, WKU and Wake are games that we most certainly would have lost to under Lynch and probably by multiple TDs. So while the records haven't improved significantly, the program has improved which has also improved the quality of wins.

Take a look the opponents we were beating under Lynch. Lots of 1-3 win MAC teams. The schedule has been significantly upgraded since Lynch. While not amazing wins, WKU and Wake are games that we most certainly would have lost to under Lynch and probably by multiple TDs. So while the records haven't improved significantly, the program has improved which has also improved the quality of wins.
I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that IU would have lost to those teams under Lynch. At the same time, IU has had multiple losses to MAC teams under Wilson, and several close calls with other very modest opponents on the schedule, which hasn't been significantly upgraded. The simple fact is that the results haven't improved in spite of the supposed elevation of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT