ADVERTISEMENT

What's cooking at the staygate tomorrow?

I can be there in about 15 minutes by boat or car! Scary place!
I've driven by Eddyville on I-24 a hundred times or more, on my way to where my parents lived in the bootheel. The area looks like a nice spot . . . elevation's a little low, but for flatlanders it'd be a right nice place to stay . . . if you like being a flatlander.

With this herniated disc in my back I might have to start looking at some flat ground. BTW, there ain't nothin' flatter than the ground in the bootheel . . . it's all floodplain.

I've driven by Eddyville on I-24 a hundred times or more, on my way to where my parents lived in the bootheel. The area looks like a nice spot . . . elevation's a little low, but for flatlanders it'd be a right nice place to stay . . . if you like being a flatlander.

With this herniated disc in my back I might have to start looking at some flat ground. BTW, there ain't nothin' flatter than the ground in the bootheel . . . it's all floodplain.
I like the Bootheel, it seems like a natural extension of the Deep South if you ask me. The Mississippi Delta comes up to Cairo, Illinois and it has that feel. They grow cotton and rice over there, correct??

I like the Bootheel, it seems like a natural extension of the Deep South if you ask me. The Mississippi Delta comes up to Cairo, Illinois and it has that feel. They grow cotton and rice over there, correct??
Cotton yes . . . I've not seen rice where my parents are from. Potatoes, corn, soybeans and cotton. They're from the Missouri county across the Mississippi from Cairo . . .

. . . Cairo is by far the saddest town I've ever seen. Don't go over the speed limit there . . . the county needs your money too badly to let that opportunity go to waste.

BTW, I've not seen rice grown anywhere along the bootheel . . . but that could be because I was too busy doing other stuff while there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT