ADVERTISEMENT

What would you consider a successful season with this team?

Anyone who thinks that a two time national AAU champ, 44% high school three point shooter, top 80 recruit, 6'8" 230 pound redshirt freshman power forward doesn't help us with our post/beef problems (especially after watching Happ struggle against him which helped us beat Wisconsin) didn't watch the games.

You need to include Archie in that list of people who didn’t think Race could help out. He played a combined 19 total minutes the 6 games after Wisconsin (11 of the minutes were in the Rutgers game, which we won by 15). He scored one point in those games. He will be lucky to play 10 minutes a game, this year, if everyone is healthy.

Reactions: IUgradman
You need to include Archie in that list of people who didn’t think Race could help out. He played a combined 19 total minutes the 6 games after Wisconsin (11 of the minutes were in the Rutgers game, which we won by 15). He scored one point in those games. He will be lucky to play 10 minutes a game, this year, if everyone is healthy.

When Race was in, he defended and rebounded. He will play unless Brunk, Smith, Davis, and TJD all prove to be studs.

NO, your post is one of the dumbest posts in the history of this board.

"Most" ?? Pure hyperbole. Only Hunter didn't play and since he was the second highest recruit, one can assume that he just MIGHT have contributed. The rest of the sans Race were STARTERS at some point during the season.

McRoberts was a walk on. So what? He definitely contributed.
So the only contributors were Green for 7 games, Davis for 5, and Rob for 3. Got it.

Contributors, all of them. Perhaps you don't really even watch, you just talk about stuff?
When you have a deep team of talent, you can recover from losing a couple guys. Indiana did not have an experienced team, and they lost a ton of potential production.

And Romeo was listed as out with a back injury. You are not an insider, so whatever you think happened doesn't count. I also counted Green's suspension games because they count as missed time from someone who would play.
Missing NIT games is kind of beside the point. The problem was we were not in the NCAA.

Reactions: IUgradman
It’s also true the starters missed a combined 4 regular season games. IU was very unfortunate with the amount injuries, but extremely fortunate with who they happened to. The injury excuse is overdone.

How do you figure that?

When Race was in, he defended and rebounded. He will play unless Brunk, Smith, Davis, and TJD all prove to be studs.

I’m not sure if any of the players in front of him are studs. I do think all of them are better. IU will need people to score, next year. In Race’s limited time he struggled to score. I think he’s a year away from contributing meaningful minutes. I wasn’t impressed by him like some of you guys are.

I’m not sure if any of the players in front of him are studs. I do think all of them are better. IU will need people to score, next year. In Race’s limited time he struggled to score. I think he’s a year away from contributing meaningful minutes. I wasn’t impressed by him like some of you guys are.
I was very impressed by Race. His defense against Happ and Wisconsin was outstanding, and Race has much better shooting fundamentals than he has displayed so far in limited healthy action.

Smith is the weak link offensively. Not sure how you can play 4 against 5 offensively against good B1G teams in a tight game you need 5 players who can actually make a shot or a FT. Unless Smith transformed offensively over the Summer he is the weakest scholarship offensive player on the team, who is not even guarded on the perimeter by opposing B1G teams. From what I saw Race is likely better defensively also. Smith is not a 5 or a true 4, and can not score in the wing as a 3. Smith may be a match-up dependent Hybrid 4 to rebound, block shots, play D, and run the floor for dunks. I really like a healthy DeRon, TJD, Brunk, and Race front line. Most front line depth of the Archie era.

Ouch. Looks like you were 0-5. AGAIN. Will you ever get something right?
The title of the thread:

His answer:
20+ wins
Top 5 in conference
At least 1 win in BTT
At least 1 win in NCAA

The year after...it's on.
I would tell you to try to catch up as you're often telling others but you've had 6 months to process this and still can't comprehend that this isn't a prediction, much less a guarantee, I doubt you'll ever get it.

Once again you prove that reading comprehension just isn't your thing.

Edit: Also, the season isn't over yet. With 6 regular season games left and 16 wins, all but the Top 5 in conference are still possible. At this point they don't look likely but they are certainly possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
The title of the thread:

His answer:

I would tell you to try to catch up as you're often telling others but you've had 6 months to process this and still can't comprehend that this isn't a prediction, much less a guarantee, I doubt you'll ever get it.

Once again you prove that reading comprehension just isn't your thing.

Edit: Also, the season isn't over yet. With 6 regular season games left and 16 wins, all but the Top 5 in conference are still possible. At this point they don't look likely but they are certainly possible.
You’re upset that you were just as wrong as the other clowns.

You’re upset that you were just as wrong as the other clowns.
Wrong about what? I said before the season that I was waiting for more data before making a judgement one way or another. I never said that he was the coach of the future just like I didn't prematurely declare him a bust. So, no, I'm not "upset" about being "just as wrong" since I didn't have a stance to be right or wrong about. I'm disappointed that Miller wasn't better since I want IU to win and turning over coaches isn't the way to greatness, despite what you may think, so it would have been better if Miller coached the team to a better season this year. Unlike you, I won't root for IU losses.

I notice you didn't address the contents of the post you replied to. Typical of you.

Wrong about what? I said before the season that I was waiting for more data before making a judgement one way or another. I never said that he was the coach of the future just like I didn't prematurely declare him a bust. So, no, I'm not "upset" about being "just as wrong" since I didn't have a stance to be right or wrong about. I'm disappointed that Miller wasn't better since I want IU to win and turning over coaches isn't the way to greatness, despite what you may think, so it would have been better if Miller coached the team to a better season this year. Unlike you, I won't root for IU losses.

I notice you didn't address the contents of the post you replied to. Typical of you.
You said Archie was the next HOF coach. That anyone who questioned him was an idiot. You promised that this year would be different. My oh my were you wrong.

You said Archie was the next HOF coach. That anyone who questioned him was an idiot. You promised that this year would be different. My oh my were you wrong.
You're such a liar. I said no such thing so you're either making it up or confusing me with someone else. You being you, it could be both. In fact, you've gave Miller higher praise when he was first hired than I've ever given him.

The only part of that could be true is me calling another poster an idiot. I have no problem calling you and a few others that because, quite frankly, you are.

You're such a liar. I said no such thing so you're either making it up or confusing me with someone else. You being you, it could be both.

The only part of that could be true is me calling another poster an idiot. I have no problem calling you and a few others that because, quite frankly, you are.
He's one of our two resident dunces. He lowers the collective IQ of the room when he walks into it, even if it's empty.

Bump per Bulk’s request.
Still not a guarantee, no matter how much you want it to be and regardless of how many times you bump this post that won't change. This has already been addressed in this very thread the first time you tried to act like this was a guarantee. Also, 3 out of the 4 are still possible.

Reactions: MrBing
20+ wins
Top 5 in conference
At least 1 win in BTT
At least 1 win in NCAA

The year after...it's on.

Bump per Bulk’s request.

Guarantee (n): a formal promise or assurance.

So, show me the guarantee. It's not even a prediction, dumbass.
Words have meanings, kid. Go sit back at the child's table and study your vocabulary list.

Words have meanings, kid. Go sit back at the child's table and study your vocabulary list.
I once thought that he was pretending to be stupid as part of his trolling schtick. I didn’t think a real person could be so dumb. I was mistaken - he truly is a dunce.

That’s a pretty soft admission when you were as wrong as you were.

That’s a pretty soft admission when you were as wrong as you were.
How was I wrong, dumbass? The topic was what it would take to be a successful season. I gave my definition of a successful season. I didn't guarantee or even predict a successful season. I never said IU would have a successful season.

You, on the other hand, guaranteed Donovan would be our coach. Hell, you guaranteed he was in Bloomington to accept the job. You also guaranteed that Lander was going to UL, then went back and tried to delete the post with the guarantee.

You should probably sit this one out and let those who don't have smooth gray matter post for awhile.

How was I wrong, dumbass? The topic was what it would take to be a successful season. I gave my definition of a successful season. I didn't guarantee or even predict a successful season. I never said IU would have a successful season.

You, on the other hand, guaranteed Donovan would be our coach. Hell, you guaranteed he was in Bloomington to accept the job. You also guaranteed that Lander was going to UL, then went back and tried to delete the post with the guarantee.

You should probably sit this one out and let those who don't have smooth gray matter post for awhile.
You made a bunch of guarantees that haven’t been true. For 3 years now.

You made a bunch of guarantees that haven’t been true. For 3 years now.
Get serious. You are either a liar or an idiot. Actually, you may be both. You've made numerous guarantees that proved bogus. That’s a fact. You’ve claimed others have made guarantees and your claims have proved bogus. That’s a fact. Explain why you’re here. I think it’s for our entertainment, but maybe you think you contribute something worthwhile. I’m curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT