ADVERTISEMENT

What would you consider a successful season with this team?

Glad you got your signature one liner in. Romeo was a huge disappointment by any metric. Celtics were dumb to draft him 14th. If you are a top 5 recruit and get drafted 14th you under achieved.
He was a top five recruit for his class. Four other college classes are being drafted from. Morant (Murr St), Culver (TTU), Hunter (UVA), etc. were drafted ahead of him.

Last edited:
I produced the names of playmakers they missed. Get a clue.

LOL. You produced names and names only. Not how many games or what games were missed. For all I know players you listed could have missed a preseason game or a game against the Sisters of the Poor. A list of names means NOTHING to anyone but you.

You are the one that needs to get a clue. I asked you simple question

"You deny that IU last year had an inordinate number of injuries?"

You answered "Yes" and then proceeded to bring MSU into it. And then failed to back up your argument with any meaningful stats or facts. Only a list of names.

LOL. You produced names and names only. Not how many games or what games were missed. For all I know players you listed could have missed a preseason game or a game against the Sisters of the Poor. A list of names means NOTHING to anyone but you.

You are the one that needs to get a clue. I asked you simple question

You answered "Yes" and then proceeded to bring MSU into it. And then failed to back up your argument with any meaningful stats or facts. Only a list of names.
Langford - 26 games
Ward - 5
McQuaid - 3

All double figure scorers. Ahrens missed 9 games. And Winston played with multiple injuries the second half of the season.

Now your turn. Please list who IU missed. NIT games not included.

Langford - 26 games
Ward - 5
McQuaid - 3

All double figure scorers. Ahrens missed 9 games. And Winston played with multiple injuries the second half of the season.

You've lost the argument decisively several times already. I'd like to be polite and assume you're not dumber than a bag of hammers, so I'm sorry about your increasing senility.

Reactions: MrBing
Langford - 26 games
Ward - 5
McQuaid - 3

You really don't get it do you?

AGAIN, all I asked was

Your opinion is "yes" AND then brought MSU into the conversation.

I do not deny that MSU had significant injuries, never did. There was an analysis posted on here that gave the stats for both teams. IIRC, IU had more games missed by key players but in the end, I don't really care about MSU.

You don't think that IU had an inordinate amount of injuries. Great, that is your opinion and only your opinion, as much as you like to convey it as fact.

Reactions: MrBing

AGAIN, all I asked was

I do not deny that MSU had significant injuries, never did. There was an analysis posted on here that gave the stats for both teams. IIRC, IU had more games missed by key players but in the end, I don't really care about MSU.

You don't think that IU had an inordinate amount of injuries. Great, that is your opinion and only your opinion, as much as you like to convey it as fact.

Looney people cant use facts because they will never find any to support their opinions.

Morgan played and started all 35 games
Hunter DNP

Missed Games:
Langford: 3 (started 32 games)
Green: 7 (started 9 games)
Durham: 1 (started 30 games)
Phinisee: 3 (started 29 games)
D Davis: 5 (started 3 games)
Fitzner: 4 (started 0 games)
D Anderson: 14 (started 0 games)
McRoberts: 9 (started 5 games)
Race: 26 (started 0 games)

Transfers
Forrester: 22 (started 0 games)
Moore: 20 (started 0 games)

Last edited:
Glad you got your signature one liner in. Romeo was a huge disappointment by any metric. Celtics were dumb to draft him 14th. If you are a top 5 recruit and get drafted 14th you under achieved.
Or he was injured.

Romeo may still be a top 5, top 3 talent in the entire NBA draft. Romeo was a potential steal by the Boston Celtics.

Dean Garrett was a steal for the Minnesota T-wolves. I don't think Romeo has any chance of being considered a "steal" after going that high. Instead, he has a long way to go to live up to the hype, in my opinion.

AGAIN, all I asked was

You’re referring to analysis that lists guys who have never played a college game as “key players”. And you’re claiming that missing 15ppg Langford is the same as losing mid major Race Thompson. That’s how your “analysis” works.

I provided the facts. You don’t like the facts. So you’ve decided to attack me to make yourself feel better about your blindness.

Romeo may still be a top 5, top 3 talent in the entire NBA draft. Romeo was a potential steal by the Boston Celtics.

I watched him play a whole year. He has no where near the internal drive to be great. His athletic skills are nothing special in the NBA, it is about work and grind.....he doesn't have it. Great players don't not try during games. Romeo took plays off every single game. Vic never did. He literally stood in the corner with his hands on his hips. Who does that?

I watched him play a whole year. He has no where near the internal drive to be great. His athletic skills are nothing special in the NBA, it is about work and grind.....he doesn't have it. Great players don't not try during games. Romeo took plays off every single game. Vic never did. He literally stood in the corner with his hands on his hips. Who does that?

Define great. Starter? All star? Vic played less than 20 minutes a game and averaged 7 points for a 12 win team. You might want to go back and watch all 30+ games (he took plays off). Victor his freshmen season wasn’t anywhere near the player Romeo was last year.

For sure not an all star I doubt he starts more than a year or two for a crap team. If he can start for the Celtics for a year I would say that is over achieving.

Vic did not take plays off. Was working all hours of the night trying to get better. He wasn't good and flew to the basket and chucked it off the backboard a lot, but he always tried. Vic is for sure my favorite player ever, go find 5 plays he took off.

For sure not an all star I doubt he starts more than a year or two for a crap team. If he can start for the Celtics for a year I would say that is over achieving.

Vic did not take plays off. Was working all hours of the night trying to get better. He wasn't good and flew to the basket and chucked it off the backboard a lot, but he always tried. Vic is for sure my favorite player ever, go find 5 plays he took off.

I think he will be a starter for 5+ years and an all star game or two is his ceiling.

No chance I’m going back and watching Victor his freshmen season. I like myself to much to go back and watch a Tom Crean coached basketball team.

Last edited:
I think he will be a starter for 5+ years and an all star game or two is his ceiling.

No chance I’m going back and watching Victor his freshmen season. I like myself to much to go back and watch a Tom Crean coached basketball team.
If a comparison should be made to a former player then I would compare R.L. to Eric Gordon. Similar hype, rankings, and sadly injuries.

You’re referring to analysis that lists guys who have never played a college game as “key players”. And you’re claiming that missing 15ppg Langford is the same as losing mid major Race Thompson. That’s how your “analysis” works.

I provided the facts. You don’t like the facts. So you’ve decided to attack me to make yourself feel better about your blindness.

I attacked you???!!! REALLY???!!!

I had no analysis since I don't care about MSU.

ONE MORE TIME, I asked a simple question which you answered but then had to embellish with a reference to MSU.

Good grief.

If MSU didn't get what they did from Aaron Henry, they would have lost a few more games. He turned out great. Too bad top 60 recruit Jerome Hunter was injured all season for IU, eh?

Nice that MSU had Ward and Tillman but IU had a hobling Davis? Nice that MSU had a veteran top PG while IU had a freshman with a concussion and a suspended shooting guard?

Facts.

NBA All-Star is a possibility for Romeo. Unless his injured IU career is the new normal, but I dont think it is. Gordon was a bull in HS and college, he can not overpower NBA players the same way. Romeo's rare ability to finish with his great length and body control translates better to the NBA game. Gordon is a very good NBA player. Romeo has the God given ability to be as good as his desire and drive takes him.

Last edited:
NBA All-Star is a possibility for Romeo. Unless his injured IU career is the new normal, but I dont think it is. Gordon was a bull in HS and college, he can not overpower NBA players the same way. Romeo's rare ability to finish with his great length and body control translates better to the NBA game. Gordon is a very good NBA player. Romeo has the God given ability to be as good as his desire and drive takes him.

35 games missed- Jerome Hunter
26 games missed- Race Thompson
7 games missed- Devonte Green
5 games missed- De'Ron Davis (but he was unhealthy all year)
3 games missed- Rob Phinisee
3 games missed Romeo Langford
McRoberts missed several games due to back aggrevation.
Juwan Morgan missed a half game at MSU.

Indiana had more injuries to more players without being able to replace them than any team in the conference. It was at least the most banged up season since '94.

Indiana had more injuries to more players without being able to replace them than any team in the conference. It was at least the most banged up season since '94.

And it was the first time since 2007-08 that only 2 players played in every game.

Reactions: minneman

One of the dumbest posts in the history of this board. Most of those guys weren’t even contributors. You’re listing walk ons. And then the worst part is you list Romeo who chose to sit out the NIT game because it was pointless. What a joke.

One of the dumbest posts in the history of this board. Most of those guys weren’t even contributors. You’re listing walk ons. And then the worst part is you list Romeo who chose to sit out the NIT game because it was pointless. What a joke.
How can they be contributors if they are injured? Your logic is backwards.

Reactions: ufo33

Contributors, all of them. Perhaps you don't really even watch, you just talk about stuff?
When you have a deep team of talent, you can recover from losing a couple guys. Indiana did not have an experienced team, and they lost a ton of potential production.

And Romeo was listed as out with a back injury. You are not an insider, so whatever you think happened doesn't count. I also counted Green's suspension games because they count as missed time from someone who would play.

Contributors, all of them. Perhaps you don't really even watch, you just talk about stuff?
When you have a deep team of talent, you can recover from losing a couple guys. Indiana did not have an experienced team, and they lost a ton of potential production.

And Romeo was listed as out with a back injury. You are not an insider, so whatever you think happened doesn't count. I also counted Green's suspension games because they count as missed time from someone who would play.

And like I said, the reason MSU could get past Josh Langford's foot injury is because they were deep, plus they got a lot from Aaron Henry as a freshman.

NCAA Tournament would be a success, by whatever path IU takes to get there.
I expect the floor to be the Postseason NIT Tournament.

The Assembly Call mentioned that the teams ppp was around .15 higher when De'ron Davis was on the court (which jives with what I saw when rewatching the season). We played our best ball when De'ron was on the court. That's a huge number.

Problem was he couldn't (and didn't) so we were forced to play Morgan as an undersized center and Smith as an undersized power forward the majority of the time.

And people wonder how the big ten roughed us up.

Just about every team had a post presence, except us unless Davis gave it too us. Moore simply was not ready.

Anyone who thinks that a two time national AAU champ, 44% high school three point shooter, top 80 recruit, 6'8" 230 pound redshirt freshman power forward doesn't help us with our post/beef problems (especially after watching Happ struggle against him which helped us beat Wisconsin) didn't watch the games.

We desperately needed beef, and it was riddled with injuries.

We're coming into this year with more beef than we've had in a long time. Guys like Brunk, TJD, Race and De'ron probably won't dominate...but they'll be able to give us Big Ten beef to bang around for 40 minutes.

Reactions: ufo33 and TR32

NO, your post is one of the dumbest posts in the history of this board.

"Most" ?? Pure hyperbole. Only Hunter didn't play and since he was the second highest recruit, one can assume that he just MIGHT have contributed. The rest of the sans Race were STARTERS at some point during the season.

McRoberts was a walk on. So what? He definitely contributed.

Reactions: ufo33
NO, your post is one of the dumbest posts in the history of this board.

"Most" ?? Pure hyperbole. Only Hunter didn't play and since he was the second highest recruit, one can assume that he just MIGHT have contributed. The rest of the sans Race were STARTERS at some point during the season.

McRoberts was a walk on. So what? He definitely contributed.
He has 99% of the dumbest posts on the board! :D

Without following every NCAA team closely - there is no way to compare...Davis was never listed as ‘out’ the same as several others.
Green’s suspension the same.

EVERY SINGLE college team deals w injuries, coaches decisions, and suspensions every single season...Ive just never seen fans gripe and whine about it like on this board!

Without following every NCAA team closely - there is no way to compare...Davis was never listed as ‘out’ the same as several others.

EVERY SINGLE college team deals w injuries, coaches decisions, and suspensions every single season...Ive just never seen fans gripe and whine about it like on this board!

Because IU has had few seasons with so many injuries. The mid 90's come to mind, but that was before this board.

It has been since 2008 that only 2 players played in every game. That alone is telling of lack of durability of players.

Reactions: Al Bino and ufo33

See TR32's post. It was spot on.

Because IU has had few seasons with so many injuries. The mid 90's come to mind, but that was before this board.

It has been since 2008 that only 2 players played in every game. That alone is telling of lack of durability of players.

It’s also true the starters missed a combined 4 regular season games. IU was very unfortunate with the amount injuries, but extremely fortunate with who they happened to. The injury excuse is overdone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ksteph
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT