ADVERTISEMENT

what event is on your bucket list?

what one event that you haven't been to is on your bucket list

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't ever imagine getting an invite to The Masters. Otherwise it would be my pick.

Not a fan of fighting crowds for a final four or superbowl. Bucket list item only when Indiana is there though. Frozen Four only if Michigan Tech gets there.

Kentucky Derby, sure, but I'll do that one soon.

So I said Olympics. I like the lessor known sports. Would like to go check it out. Depends on where. I would've enjoyed Japan. Italy sounds OK for the winter games. Maybe...

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticArisen
I've already done it. I can't think of anything more impressive or moving that I have seen personally than the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
I got to see that with my Dad went I was with him on his Honor Flight. (Thanks to that group! My Dad did ROTC then served in Korea in the Air Force as a 2nd Lt., made 1st lt. shortly before mustering out.)

You know the kind of rain that is sheeting so hard you can barely see 10 feet? That's what they had that day just for the exact time of changing of the guard. Did they wait a few minutes? Nope, on time. Was very cool.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticArisen
Went to the 2004 Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills CC outside of Detroit. They only sold a small amount of tickets, so it wasn’t overcrowded. You could move around the course easily and could get very close to the players. I was about 10 feet from Tiger as he teed off…such a powerful swing and I will never forget the sound his driver made on impact! Michael Jordan was walking with him on the course on that Saturday. The “USA” chants you could hear around the course was chilling!
Also was able to see the changing of the guard at Arlington National Cemetery…what an experience to see in person 🇺🇸.
Also visited JFK’s gravesite.

If you go, do it in New Orleans, Indy or if they ever go back to San Antonio. Venues in a city with close proximity to bars, restaurant, hotels, etc are the best. I went to FF in San Antonio in 2008 (whatever year Chalmers hit the three and knocked off D Rose and Cal before he went to Kentucky). Tough to beat the scene around the river walk when all the different schools fans are there and chants going back and forth around both sides of the river walk. Great atmosphere!
New Orleans was fabulous!

Watched Butler play in FF both games in Indy. Dead online with Hayward’s last shot. Have seen Colts, Pacers, and Reds in playoff games. Been to the Indy 500 over 30 times and the Kentucky Derby once. I’ve seen IU play multiple times in the NCAA Tournament. The baseball team play in multiple regionals. And the football team play in multiple bowl games. And although I’ve been to several golf major tournaments, I’ve never been to Augusta National. So there’s your answer. I need to go once. Put my name in for tickets every year, but haven’t been picked yet. May have to go to the Par 3 event sometime just to get on the course.
Only been to time trials a couple times and once to the race. I super enjoyed each time. Sitting at the first turn next to the wall at time trials is amazing.

I have been to Regionals but never FF.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Off that list, Super Bowl was the worst. 2009 Colts Vs Saints. Colts blew it. It was fun for the 1Q and then colts sucked ass the rest of the way. Horrible outcome or it would have been great!
And an IU player sealed the deal. Who got that interception at the end? Terry Porter?

World Cup soccer finals should be on everyone’s list. Cheering for the US against a top team is a great experience. Having a beverage or two with other countries’ fans before and after the games adds to the good times.

( Attending a US v Mexico soccer match is also a must-do event.)

World Cup soccer finals should be on everyone’s list. Cheering for the US against a top team is a great experience. Having a beverage or two with other countries’ fans before and after the games adds to the good times.

( Attending a US v Mexico soccer match is also a must-do event.)
I love sports and big time events. That said, I cannot get into soccer. I don't care what the event is or what's on the line. Sitting through a soccer games feels like capital punishment. My bucket list after seeing IU in a FF is the olympics. I am going to the US Olympic swim trials in Indy this summer over father's day weekend. While not the olympics, I am looking forward to seeing the fastest swimmers in our country which usually translates to the fastest in the world compete. If I attended the olympics, I'd love to experience the opening ceremonies as well as the relay events of swimming.

Tracy Porter. I can still hear the ball hitting his hands.
Manning was choking, sphincter factor. He was telegraphing that pass, went to the well once too often without even looking the DB's off the route. I hollered at the tv something about slowing down because that's what I thought I saw coming. Arrrgh!

Oh well, he came through in some big games, didn't owe me nothin'. They could've won that one though.

I love sports and big time events. That said, I cannot get into soccer. I don't care what the event is or what's on the line. Sitting through a soccer games feels like capital punishment. ...
Usually me too. I like it, but just as I like hockey a lot, but unless it's my team I don't sit thru most games, soccer is worse since I'm not much of a fan of it except in the biggest events.

USA-Algeria though, World Cup 2010. I was tuned in to that from the start, was sitting all bummed out, then we got a break going. When Landon Donovan knocked it home, I jumped up and gave as pumped and loud a HELL YEAH!!! as I ever have. So it can be cool.

never have been to a golf tournament. don't see how you could tell what's going on. but seems like a big party. the masters have kept concession prices the same for 40 years I thought I heard them say. pretty cool not to gouge people just because you can.
The Masters is a whole different level for golf and sporting events. The difference in a PGA course and the nicest club in your area is probably not as big as the difference in the Masters and other PGA events. The good news is even if you go for a practice round, which I almost prefer, you still see the grounds and all the special touches like the concession prices and service at every level (the bathrooms are amazing... they have helpers inside who are constantly herding you down to open urinals) that makes it stand apart. I think it's basically a group of uber rich folks who have decided they want to make their tournament stand apart and be remembered as "special" by everyone who attends, and they have. I had a buddy that had family tickets and I think I've gotten to go 3X and it is truly amazing. I had a buddy who isn't really a golf fan go with me and I bet he made 6 trips to the concession stands and came back more amazed each time.

Ryder Cup for me. On friendly soil. Our boys always piss the bed on the other side of the pond.
I got to see it in 2008 at Valhalla and we won. And, honestly, while the emotion and patriotism (that was when Boo Weekley was riding his driver like a pony) are awesome, it wasn't as great as I hoped. They let in as many people as for a major, but think about it: instead of action on 18 holes simultaneously, when it's teams all the action is compressed into 2-3 holes, and 4-5 during singles, so it's very hard to get a decent spot to see. The singing and emotions are terrific, but beyond saying you were there, it's MUCH better TV viewing. We ended up staying in the sponsor tent who we got tickets from because everyone was out on the course and we had unlimited food and drinks and big screens everywhere to watch it on. We went out on the viewing deck when they approached #9 and watched everything else on TV.

I got to see it in 2008 at Valhalla and we won. And, honestly, while the emotion and patriotism (that was when Boo Weekley was riding his driver like a pony) are awesome, it wasn't as great as I hoped. They let in as many people as for a major, but think about it: instead of action on 18 holes simultaneously, when it's teams all the action is compressed into 2-3 holes, and 4-5 during singles, so it's very hard to get a decent spot to see. The singing and emotions are terrific, but beyond saying you were there, it's MUCH better TV viewing. We ended up staying in the sponsor tent who we got tickets from because everyone was out on the course and we had unlimited food and drinks and big screens everywhere to watch it on. We went out on the viewing deck when they approached #9 and watched everything else on TV.
thx for the feedback. I have similar feelings....being there is cool, great experience. But as far as watching the events unfold all over the course (especially the Sunday singles matches) you can only do that on the TV.

Yea, tough to see much golf. Whistling looked like an especially miserable viewing experience.

thx for the feedback. I have similar feelings....being there is cool, great experience. But as far as watching the events unfold all over the course (especially the Sunday singles matches) you can only do that on the TV.
I get why you said you'd want to see it here, but if I were going again, I'd definitely want to see it in Europe and just make a Euro vacation out of it. But, I'd got into it expecting that we'd get beaten and just enjoy all the rivalry stuff. I have a good friend who's a Brit and we have fun going back and forth about it even though he's generally had the upper hand. Bastard.

I think van pastor does a tent revival every summer, him jimmy swaggert and jim bakker are the headliners maybe we could sneak someone in there to video it
I thought last Sunday's message was pretty good from Chapter 4. We are going through the book of Isaiah, but will be taking a break till after Fathers Day to break up such a large book.

I thought last Sunday's message was pretty good from Chapter 4. We are going through the book of Isaiah, but will be taking a break till after Fathers Day to break up such a large book.
it seems the people here would love to hear you preach. you were the leading vote getter. could you possibly post one of your sermons.

Went to the 2004 Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills CC outside of Detroit. They only sold a small amount of tickets, so it wasn’t overcrowded. You could move around the course easily and could get very close to the players. I was about 10 feet from Tiger as he teed off…such a powerful swing and I will never forget the sound his driver made on impact! Michael Jordan was walking with him on the course on that Saturday. The “USA” chants you could hear around the course was chilling!
Also was able to see the changing of the guard at Arlington National Cemetery…what an experience to see in person 🇺🇸.
Also visited JFK’s gravesite.
The Ryder Cup was the most intense sporting event I ever felt. EVERY SINGLE SWING felt like life and death!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT