ADVERTISEMENT

what event is on your bucket list?

what one event that you haven't been to is on your bucket list

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really hope I can go to a final four before I die.
I was fortunate to have had my name selected in the lottery to purchase 4 tickets for the 1991 Final Four in Indy.

After IU lost to Kansas, I answered an ad in the Indy Star, drove to Indy and sold them to some shady character who looked like he could've been an actor on "The Sopranos."

The seats were in the nose-bleed section. He said that they include the tickets in a hotel package deal. And for a large profit, no doubt because he paid me $35 above what I paid on each ticket. I do regret not going, though, but after IU's exit, I just didn't feel the urge. A missed opportunity that I'll never have, again.

watching the masters looks like something I'd like to go to
It’s an unforgettable experience. I think even people who don’t enjoy golf would love it.

The course is one of the most perfect places you could ever visit. There isn’t a blade of grass out of place. They even dye the water in the ponds to make it look perfect.

It’s an unforgettable experience. I think even people who don’t enjoy golf would love it.

The course is one of the most perfect places you could ever visit. There isn’t a blade of grass out of place. They even dye the water in the ponds to make it look perfect.
And beers come in plastic Masters cups for $4- you see many patrons with huge stacks of empty cups! I’m sort of surprised no drunk has fallen into pond from seating area above Hole 16. It truly is heaven on earth for all, even they who don’t enjoy golf.

never have been to a golf tournament. don't see how you could tell what's going on. but seems like a big party. the masters have kept concession prices the same for 40 years I thought I heard them say. pretty cool not to gouge people just because you can.
Seems like it would be about like watching a cross country meet, except slower. No thanks. Some sports are just not made for spectators.

Watched Butler play in FF both games in Indy. Dead online with Hayward’s last shot. Have seen Colts, Pacers, and Reds in playoff games. Been to the Indy 500 over 30 times and the Kentucky Derby once. I’ve seen IU play multiple times in the NCAA Tournament. The baseball team play in multiple regionals. And the football team play in multiple bowl games. And although I’ve been to several golf major tournaments, I’ve never been to Augusta National. So there’s your answer. I need to go once. Put my name in for tickets every year, but haven’t been picked yet. May have to go to the Par 3 event sometime just to get on the course.

If I get to root for my own team, I'd love to see the Red Sox back in the World Series. Hoosier final four is right up there and would be #1 if it's the natty. Can't believe you didn't put in the Rose Bowl; watching IU in Pasadena would be #1 easily
watching the masters looks like something I'd like to go to
Miss me with that. I don't want to pay to stand around in the sun and act like a stiff. I'd go to the Phoenix Open though

If I get to root for my own team, I'd love to see the Red Sox back in the World Series. Hoosier final four is right up there and would be #1 if it's the natty. Can't believe you didn't put in the Rose Bowl; watching IU in Pasadena would be #1 easily

Miss me with that. I don't want to pay to stand around in the sun and act like a stiff. I'd go to the Phoenix Open though
iu in the rose bowl? trying to be realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: Bucket Getter
Super Bowl. I’ve seen several final fours. I came so close to a Super Bowl with the Colts. Friend worked for them and he thought he was getting 4 tickets. Ended up with only two. Next year we were also good, but we got beat at home by Pittsburgh I think in a game that still hurts. Super Bowl was in Detroit and could have easily had them.

Last edited:
I’ve been to the Derby several times, been to a World Series, am unworthy of a Van Pastor man sermon (rumor is you can snag the collectors edition boxed numbered set if you know somebody and are high net worth) the only other 2 I care about are the Olympics and the Superbowl.

I’ve been to the Derby several times, been to a World Series, am unworthy of a Van Pastor man sermon (rumor is you can snag the collectors edition boxed numbered set if you know somebody and are high net worth) the only other 2 I care about are the Olympics and the Superbowl.
I think van pastor does a tent revival every summer, him jimmy swaggert and jim bakker are the headliners maybe we could sneak someone in there to video it

Been to quite a few IU basketball games in the late 70's through the 90's. Was at the IU/Purdue game which turned out to be RMK's last game coaching at AH.

I was in attendance at the 1974 NCAA Mideast Regional at the Hulman Center in Terre Haute. Three rows off the floor on the mid-stripe. Ohio vs Marquette and Notre Dame vs Austin Peay. Some really great talent: Brokaw, Shumate, Dantly, Clay. Austin Peay's "Fly" Williams. Marquette's Bo Ellis, Maurice Lucas, Tatum and Walton. That was a great venue.

I really hope I can go to a final four before I die.
If you go, do it in New Orleans, Indy or if they ever go back to San Antonio. Venues in a city with close proximity to bars, restaurant, hotels, etc are the best. I went to FF in San Antonio in 2008 (whatever year Chalmers hit the three and knocked off D Rose and Cal before he went to Kentucky). Tough to beat the scene around the river walk when all the different schools fans are there and chants going back and forth around both sides of the river walk. Great atmosphere!

Masters: ✅
Sunday at the Masters: ✅
Super Bowl: ✅
NCAA Final 4: ✅
Indy 500: ✅
US Open Golf: ✅
Colts AFC Champ vs Pats 2007: ✅
NBA Finals: ✅

I have been very blessed. The only thing I have not been to is a FF with IU in it. Did not go in 2002. Would love to experience that. That would be my number 1.
That's a nice list.👊👏

If you go, do it in New Orleans, Indy or if they ever go back to San Antonio. Venues in a city with close proximity to bars, restaurant, hotels, etc are the best. I went to FF in San Antonio in 2008 (whatever year Chalmers hit the three and knocked off D Rose and Cal before he went to Kentucky). Tough to beat the scene around the river walk when all the different schools fans are there and chants going back and forth around both sides of the river walk. Great atmosphere!
I think cav is waiting for iu to make it. if they ever do id go even if it was Tehran

I think cav is waiting for iu to make it. if they ever do id go even if it was Tehran
Appears Alamo Dome is back in the mix. The tourney in vegas will be off the hook and insane expensive.

• April 5 and April 7, 2025: Alamodome (San Antonio)
  • April 4 and April 6, 2026: Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)
  • April 3 and April 5, 2027: Ford Field (Detroit)
  • April 1 and April 3, 2028: Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas)
  • March 31 and April 2, 2029: Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)
  • April 6 and April 8, 2030: AT&T Stadium (Arlington, Texas)

Reactions: Indyhorn
I've already done it. I can't think of anything more impressive or moving that I have seen personally than the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Impressive and moving,,, a few funerals come to mind - but I think we’re talking about events with Cheering and you can buy beer.

I have yet to make it to a Super Bowl. Won the Colts season ticket lottery for sb tickets in 2006, but couldnt go due to graduating from IU around that time and couldnt afford them. I wont care to go unless the Colts make it to another one, but by the way things are going, that’ll never happen the rest of my lifetime.

I dont care to go to watch any kind of golf unless I am playing it. I have been to a final 4 game before in 91, but no IU in it. I also been to the Indy500 35 years or so in a row, and went to a Pacers/Lakers nba finals game in 2000. I have been to a couple Notre Dame games, but the one on my bucket list yet to go to is a ND vs USC night game either in South Bend or at the Rose Bowl, also would love to see IU vs ND if I can make it to 2030.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT